Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy | Always Recruiting  (Read 33945 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2021, 03:34:19 pm »

Additionally, the Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally offering their services as a moneylender
What are your rates? Like, if I wanted to borrow ₹1, how much interest would you be looking for per turn?
While it is hard to pin down interest rates until I know the exact rate of return and risk on expidition, a 5-10% per turn rate sounds fair. (Non-compounding)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2021, 04:06:39 pm »

Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout
Home of the Best Bargains

As I will likely be having stock soon, I will touch on my offers. Wjilst I'm happy to sell it immediately for a modest handling fee, I expect most will be more interested in weapon rental. For a fee of 10% of the value of the item per turn, you may rent a weapon to take on an expedition. For a limit time I also offer a combo deal where you can rent the axe and shotgun for just ₹0.18 per turn, 7.5%! Just think of all the extra armour and consumables you could afford!

ACTACTACT: Bid ₹0.98 on the ✢Serrated Axe✢
Reconfirming this, and bidding ₹1.45 on the ✢Hunter Shotgun✢

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:15:02 pm by Kashyyk »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 04:12:17 pm »

Additionally, the Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally offering their services as a moneylender
What are your rates? Like, if I wanted to borrow ₹1, how much interest would you be looking for per turn?
While it is hard to pin down interest rates until I know the exact rate of return and risk on expidition, a 5-10% per turn rate sounds fair. (Non-compounding)
That seems reasonable. Nuke isn't here right now but I am, so I would like to start a vote from the members of the OaLM to get a ₹1 loan from the Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers, to be used in conjunction with our own funds to secure the Gun handaxes.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 04:49:35 pm »

Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated

Joining in to the hunt is Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated, a division of Imaginary Productions looking to gain the profits inherent in reclaiming this world. Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated, is currently seeking to find partners to help coordinate initial efforts and share the initial burdens with, so make contact now while the money lasts!

Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated, would like to ask Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout if they would be willing to provide weapons and gear for the use of a Hunter provided by Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated for the term of one expedition, in return for 50% of the profits and loot, being as Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated will not have enough money to rent the weapons with the offer Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout is offering should they expend the money to get a Hunter.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:02:59 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2021, 05:38:13 pm »

This is a friendly notice that, barring reasonable requests for extension, that I'll try and process Turn 1 in about 24 hours.

In general, I'm going to try and keep to a 48 hour loop. It's quick enough for several turns a week, and slow enough that everyone from all timezones can both act and react.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2021, 07:06:45 pm »

Elect Doctor Enato Pyrinikos as Chairman of the Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica
-Doctor Enato Pyrinikos
-Doctor Digger Vin
-Doctor Rando Dude
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:10:56 pm by The Canadian kitten »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2021, 07:52:19 pm »

The Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers operates on majority rule. All members shall contribute 3 sovereigns to the collective fund in order to purchase Hunter Candidate A643. All purchasing and operational decisions shall be approved by the lunar overlords proposal and formal seconding of a plan. Should an action be formally objected to, the council shall undertake discussion and vote by majority determine the path forward. All members of the order are entitled to an amount of sovereigns equal to the amount in the common fund divided by the number of members, should they leave the Order. Additionally, each member shall recieve profits from activities in an amount divided by the number of shareholders. In the case of bankruptcy of a member, it is understood that some assets may be sold off to cover required obligations, but this shall be decided on a case by case basis via majority vote. All non-liquid assets, excluding doses, shall be in he common pool until liquidated by official decision. Doomblade shall spend the first dose. Additionally, the Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally offering their services as a moneylender, and as such money out on loan is counted as part of the general fund, though it is only to be paid out to members leaving upon loan repayment. Modifications to the contract ca be undertaken by a vote of majority, if four or more shareholders, or unanimously if there are three or fewer shareholders.

Signatories:
The Moonlit Blade
Doctore Exemplar, Former Chevalier
I will support Doom's pick of candidate, for good or ill.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2021, 07:58:16 pm »

ACTACTACT

The order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally proposing two actions, which require official seconding:
- Firstly, a bid of 3 sovereigns shall be placed on hunter candidate A643
- Secondly, we shall propose a name change to Order of the Midnight Redeemers

First: The Moonlit Blade
Second:
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2021, 08:31:34 pm »

ACTACTACT

The Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers operates on majority rule. All members shall contribute 3 sovereigns to the collective fund in order to purchase Hunter Candidate A643. All purchasing and operational decisions shall be approved by the lunar overlords proposal and formal seconding of a plan. Should an action be formally objected to, the council shall undertake discussion and vote by majority determine the path forward. All members of the order are entitled to an amount of sovereigns equal to the amount in the common fund divided by the number of members, should they leave the Order. Additionally, each member shall recieve profits from activities in an amount divided by the number of shareholders. In the case of bankruptcy of a member, it is understood that some assets may be sold off to cover required obligations, but this shall be decided on a case by case basis via majority vote. All non-liquid assets, excluding doses, shall be in he common pool until liquidated by official decision. Doomblade shall spend the first dose. Additionally, the Order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally offering their services as a moneylender, and as such money out on loan is counted as part of the general fund, though it is only to be paid out to members leaving upon loan repayment. Modifications to the contract ca be undertaken by a vote of majority, if four or more shareholders, or unanimously if there are three or fewer shareholders.

Signatories:
The Moonlit Blade
Doctore Exemplar, Former Chevalier
Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated

The order of the Moonlight Reclaimers is formally proposing two actions, which require official seconding:

Second: Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated
Third:
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2021, 08:39:26 pm »

ACTx3

Second: Imaginary Hunters, Incorporated
Third: Doctore Exemplar, Former Chevalier
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:41:56 pm by m1895 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2021, 08:49:25 pm »

So, I vote either cruciform sword and padded armor OR a ranged weapon and a cheap melee. Thoughts?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2021, 08:51:20 pm »

Yes Doom, we should make the squishy ranger a melee focused combatant, this can only go well. My vote goes to a ranged weapon and padded vest.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:01:19 pm by m1895 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2021, 09:02:07 pm »

We could buy the Precision Carbine and rent the axe from Kashyyk.
Forenia Forever!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2021, 09:08:39 pm »

I propose we buy the hand crossbow/hunter shotgun and a padded vest.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2021, 09:11:03 pm »

We really should have at least one melee weapon, because you can't promise that no enemies will ever get into melee.
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56