Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43368 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2021, 09:15:16 am »

Personally I want Web around for N1 to see what happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2021, 09:18:10 am »

Vote Count:

EuchreJack:
notquitethere:
TricMagic: Jim Groovester, ToonyMan,
prefuzek: webadict,
BluarianKnight:
webadict: FallacyofUrist, prefuzek,
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan: notquitethere,

Not Voting: TricMagic, BluarianKnight, EuchreJack,

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/1 at 10 PM EST.

SHORTEN

Techincally a shorten vote is Bold (and on its own line so I see it) instead of Red.  Is this a serious shorten request or are you just testing the system?  I don't have an automated vote counter.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2021, 09:20:25 am »

TricMagic:
Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.
Why claim this now? Seems to me that Webadict was just asking for Paladin claims.

Web, why scumlean me so early? Are you looking to stay in the shadows?
Pretty jumpy there, aren't you? How would this help Web stay in the shadows?

Web can't be inspected.(unless he's lying about his role again.) As a paladin, he's up on hit list for mafia if he is telling the truth. If he isn't dead by day three though he's probably mafia if he doesn't find scum. The only case this isn't the case is if someone protected him from kills.

I claimed Bard and Random Choice because of the fact random does mean that things will be either picked for balance, or actually random.
I'll claim on D3, which, yes, hopefully I'll survive to. Not holding my breath though. I spun the wheel on it and didn't get Bard so there's that.
The more Randoms there are, the more likely those roles don't exist for others. Then again, it could be actually random. But telling town I'm a Bard doesn't tell you what items I have on me. For all you know I could be able to kill someone, or I could be able to protect someone. So there really isn't much of a loss to revealing it this early, scum still doesn't know what I can do, so they have to decide between killing me, or web. But I tend to make for an easy lynch target, until I don't and turn things around on them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2021, 09:23:02 am »

That almost sounds you're trying to goad Web into killing you. +1 Town point for your meta!

Then again, if Web is Paladin and you're mafia Paladin, it's goading for an inspect that you know you'll pass.  +1 scum point

Sorry ToonyMan, it's a wash.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2021, 09:24:52 am »

SHORTEN

Techincally a shorten vote is Bold (and on its own line so I see it) instead of Red.  Is this a serious shorten request or are you just testing the system?  I don't have an automated vote counter.

Actual request, sorry I didn't understand the system.

SHORTEN

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2021, 09:28:02 am »

TricMagic:
Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.
Why claim this now? Seems to me that Webadict was just asking for Paladin claims.

Web, why scumlean me so early? Are you looking to stay in the shadows?
Pretty jumpy there, aren't you? How would this help Web stay in the shadows?

Web can't be inspected.(unless he's lying about his role again.) As a paladin, he's up on hit list for mafia if he is telling the truth. If he isn't dead by day three though he's probably mafia if he doesn't find scum. The only case this isn't the case is if someone protected him from kills.

I claimed Bard and Random Choice because of the fact random does mean that things will be either picked for balance, or actually random.
I'll claim on D3, which, yes, hopefully I'll survive to. Not holding my breath though. I spun the wheel on it and didn't get Bard so there's that.
The more Randoms there are, the more likely those roles don't exist for others. Then again, it could be actually random. But telling town I'm a Bard doesn't tell you what items I have on me. For all you know I could be able to kill someone, or I could be able to protect someone. So there really isn't much of a loss to revealing it this early, scum still doesn't know what I can do, so they have to decide between killing me, or web. But I tend to make for an easy lynch target, until I don't and turn things around on them.

Ugh, my head hurts.  I didn't know it was Tric posting.  Welcome to team Town, Tric.

Sorry Toaster, but:
UNSHORTEN

Double sorry if shorten votes can't be withdrawn.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2021, 09:29:09 am »

@EuchreJack: But why?

Also, my guess for scum is the following:

TricMagic
prefuzek
BluarianKnight
ToonyMan

With the top being most likely scum and the bottom being least likely.

I have a 91% confidence that both scum are in this list.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2021, 09:31:09 am »

EuchreJack
notquitethere How do I play this game?  Seriously, I have no idea, and the intro text is...unhelpful.
For the most part, it's a normal mafia game: use the day game to find scum. Every day you'll get a random object from a quest (unless you raid the central reserve of items instead). These items give you new abilities to use at night.

all Paladins should give their Scroll of Inspection to a trusted Town player to avoid a Nightkill, and NOT say to whom they are giving the Scroll of Inspection. 
You can't give items to other players, read the OP.

Also, to address the points worth addressing:
- I wasn't suggesting a no lynch, I was seeing what Fallacy thought of the idea.
- Paladins are like cops, usually you don't want the cops claiming D1!

prefuzek
Notquitethere: How do you tell the difference between scum and bad town?
Sometimes they do look very similar, but scum have additional tells in how they interact with their buddies, they inspect differently, and use their abilities differently too. Scum have an agenda, bad town don't.

Quickfire reads:

Town
Jim - putting some consideration in, I think this is town!Jim
Web - painted a big target on his head, so must have A Plan
Prefuzek - Fairly strong start, some insightful questions, coming out swinging. Push on Tric for claiming... this falls under the category of "norm policing" votes
EuchreJack - Weird spot between having clear knowledge of the game's rules and still making obvious mistakes--  nice and proactive, is fishing ever genuinely a scumtell? Is voting me partly because of belief I was pushing for a no lynch. Another "norm policing" vote.
Bluarian - Hasn't done anything yet, only post was just answering questions: still on the backfoot.
Tric - Hasn't done anything yet other than my vague threats, definite scumlean.
Fallacy - Push on web for "reasons", is the reason "has a scroll of inspect"?
Toony - Helpful and present in the thread... but no real push from them at all yet. Who's scum here, Toony?
Scum

I was going to note that NQT is pinging scum for me but.

SHORTEN

Actual request, sorry I didn't understand the system.

SHORTEN
Seriously Jack, what the heck? I just got to reading through this stuff, and already shortening the day?

Ninjas.. NQT, not claiming paladin if you are a paladin is good. We either get multiple kill targets meaning at least one inspect goes through, leading to a strong day 2, or any protect items can be used on the paladin, and claimed day 2 with the inspect result. Once an item is used, it's gone.

ninnininin.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2021, 09:36:06 am »

Good point. Unvote

Euchrejack, why do you want to shorten when the vote is tied and you're not voting?

Tricmagic:
But I tend to make for an easy lynch target, until I don't and turn things around on them.
How do you feel about having two votes on you now? Do you think either of them are scum looking for an easy lynch?

web:
Hmm... Nah, it's not about not bothering. It's exactly as you say, though. I don't know you enough to have evidence for my gutread. So, my instincts tell me that I could point out what's scummy about you and that will be fine for Tomorrow, but unlikely to get you Today. Which is honestly fine with me, because sometimes that's just how it is.
What's your plan for today then? Also, do you have faith in your ability to read Jim?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2021, 09:40:19 am »

Euchrejack, why do you want to shorten when the vote is tied and you're not voting?

Good point!  I'll vote BluarianKnight

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2021, 09:45:08 am »

What's your plan for today then? Also, do you have faith in your ability to read Jim?
The same thing it is every Day: Try to take over the world find the scum.

And no, not really, but I play this game like it's poker.

wtf are you doing?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2021, 09:46:20 am »

My rational for shortening was that the bandwagon seemed to be forming on Tric, people were sure it was Tric, so why not move on to Day 2 when we've got actual information.  Impatience probably.

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.

I'm heading out for a bit, but I'd suggest starting to hunt those who keep voting Tric.  They should have good reasons, including my misreading of Tric.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2021, 09:47:42 am »

wtf are you doing?

Imitating you?   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2021, 09:48:52 am »

I actually feel good about Toony and Jim being town. Which cuts down my list of suspects a lot. Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.

Web is obviously going to be based off of what happens night 1. And as a pladin, voting them off day 1 is just dumb given they have an inspect scroll to use and confirm someone.

Jack, why did you want to shorten so quickly, and why are you voting blue now?

ninjas..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2021, 09:51:02 am »

My rational for shortening was that the bandwagon seemed to be forming on Tric, people were sure it was Tric, so why not move on to Day 2 when we've got actual information.  Impatience probably.

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.

I'm heading out for a bit, but I'd suggest starting to hunt those who keep voting Tric.  They should have good reasons, including my misreading of Tric.

You are slowly creeping up there jack. My post wasn't gibberish, so you should have gotten something out of it if you actually read the thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51