Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43924 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2021, 01:28:31 pm »

Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to say this:

I'm not voting for webadict today because they claimed Paladin and I want them to have the chance to inspect someone tonight. They are still my top scumpick.

@Tricmagic: I used to play here on a different account many years ago. I wasn't very good back then. I think what my experience taught me is that it's better to look into intentions than to look for common scumtells and vote people who make mistakes. It's almost always the players who are prone to making mistakes (like you in this game?) who are lynched first and I think that is bad.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2021, 01:34:49 pm »

That could very well be because of what I have, rather than a scum tell. Naturally not going to say what I have until day 2 though, but I can reveal it then. Mafia has to take a shot though, so if I end up dead, that means you are alive to give your inspect result, and I'd be revealed as town. If I'm alive, I can safely reveal my items. Likewise, a scum thief could take a chance, but the chances of it working are slim, and they'd have to reveal themselves tomorrow if I'm still alive.

So, question is, is scum going to take the shot? Or try and lynch me?

Nin. Not voting the Paladin day 1 is good play. As they will show themselves tomorrow. Barring a scum thief excuse.(Not that that will work very well, given keeping web around is like keeping a miller around, a risky play.[They say having been miller twice before.] Not that that is wrong, but there is good reason to claim day 1 because of that.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2021, 01:57:02 pm »

Jack, do you still want to shorten the day? Why did you want to shorten it originally?

NO, NEVER AGAIN.  NEVER NEVER NEVER.  :P

But seriously, not right now.  I'm actually seeing significant value in the discussion. 

Previously, I did not see the significance to the discussion, and wanted to move on the Meat and Potatoes of Day 2.  Plus I wanna know what I got from the item pool.  It was a mistake, I'm sorry.  If you've got any further questions on this point, let me know.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2021, 02:09:27 pm »

I'll be a bit busy doing some work for the next few hours - I'll respond to questions tonight.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2021, 02:55:56 pm »

PFP

I think Jim and NQT are probably town too.

Let's go with TricMagic. Jim is never wrong.

I feel weird having you sheep on me. It's increasing my misgivings about you.

Speaking of tomorrow it's my birthday and I plan on being away for most of the day.

Happy Birthday!

What's your plan for today then? Also, do you have faith in your ability to read Jim?
The same thing it is every Day: Try to take over the world find the scum.

And no, not really, but I play this game like it's poker.

*scribbles meta notes down*

However, my feeling is that you're trying to avoid voting me in an effort to not draw attention to yourself, which explains voting for BluarianKnight (bandwagon vote), pocketing, and buddying up to EuchreJack. You're also avoiding OMGUSing me, but I think that's because you're a little scared of going up against me because I effectively nailed you as scum on your first post and that's an entirely terrifying prospect to deal with.
OK? I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information. I have to assume that if webadict is town, they're going to play in a pro-town way.

I'm guessing web's still just trying to see how flappable I am. I will not be flapped.
Well, it's mostly that I'm convinced I'm right that you're scum, and if my results don't match that conviction, I will assume that I am still right and keep pushing it. That's why you need to convince me that I'm tunnelling you if you're Town. If you think I'm scum, then I get launched the day after I do such a stupid move. Therefore, my alignment for today should matter to you, because I am going to do that move.

If you're confident about prefuzek shouldn't you be voting him?

Do you think TricMagic is scummier than prefuzek?

Do you see a TricMagic/prefuzek team?

webadict,, Jim, Toonyman: When's the last time you were lynched D1?

I wanted to say never but I remembered some Paranormal game where I was a Survivor and had a Deadman Bomb, and I got voted out on Day 1 and threw a gigantic fit in dead chat about it.

It's the only instance I can recall. That was years ago.

I have no idea who you are but how familiar are you with the players in this game from reading other games, lurking, whatever?

In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.
I don't think there's any point. Neither web nor I want to lynch the other today, and whatever happens with web's inspect and claim tonight is going to change the nature of the conversation, so I might as well wait until then. Plus, like BK has said, webadictiness is mostly a null tell for webadict.
I'm not voting for webadict today because they claimed Paladin and I want them to have the chance to inspect someone tonight. They are still my top scumpick.

What is your plan here?

If webadict is here on Day 2 with an inspection result, are you going to believe him? Are you still going to suspect him? What is the value of his inspect to you if you suspect him?

Are you hoping he gets killed on Night 1? Wouldn't that imply you think he's town?

If he's your top suspect isn't he more valuable dead at the end of Day 1, rather than alive on Day 2 with a dubious inspection results?

Are you intimidated by him like he suggests?

I get that you've repeated yourself several times about why you're not voting webadict but your reasons don't make sense.

Ugh, my head hurts.  I didn't know it was Tric posting.  Welcome to team Town, Tric.
Awaiting Jim's confirmation, but probably Town:
TricMagic
TricMagic   Awaiting Confirmation from Jim, but Blue thinks is Scum.  Blue knows Scum Tric, so if Blue is Town, Tric is scum
TricMagic

This post convinced me that this is Scum Tric.
Anyone have anything to share on Serial Killers/Arsonists?  I've never played a game with Hostile Third Parties before.

Strategy: Nobody is talking about this!  And I don't know how to handle these types!  Conversation is GOOD, even if its hard.

"I think TricMagic is town"
"I want Jim to tell me if TricMagic is town"
"I'm okay with BluearianKnight who I read as null and previously read as scum telling me that TricMagic is scum"
"I'm going to vote TricMagic who by coincidence is the most popular bandwagon"
". . ."
"Hey guys what about hostile third parties?"

I'm really bothered by this sheeping but it's so blatant and unashamed and unafraid it could only be done by somebody who both didn't know what they were doing and was town.

Fuck if you were actually scum I'd expect you to ask the town who the scum team should night kill.

I'm going to have to eat my words. EuchreJack is setting off a lot of alarm bells. The more he posts the more difficult I find it to rationalize his goofball behavior as naivete.

Ninjas.. NQT, not claiming paladin if you are a paladin is good. We either get multiple kill targets meaning at least one inspect goes through, leading to a strong day 2, or any protect items can be used on the paladin, and claimed day 2 with the inspect result. Once an item is used, it's gone.

Okay you're leaning scum on NQT.

Why is he worth voting? I'll see if you clarified elsewhere but I'm probably going to still end up being confused.

Jim/Toony, why the steady vote on me? Do you still think your vote has the right reasoning, or has that reasoning changed any? What was the original reasoning.
- Can everyone on the Tric wagon explain their case if they haven't already?

I've been warming up to Tric's play this game. It's out of character but I also don't hate what he's been doing. If I recall my initial read was because he felt quiet and his first post where he said webadict was going to be dead by Day 3 made me raise my eyebrow.

I know I said recently that if TricMagic makes sense he's scum but I don't feel that here.

Honestly, Tric just doesn't justify themselves enough. That said, we've seen them be the 'easy lynch' in the past, haven't we? A town player who acts too unpredictably, making him an easy target.

When has TricMagic been mislynched? Trying to recall instances. BYOR15, maybe? I dispute that he's been an easy lynch in general.

Punching bag, sure. But he's not the go-to mislynch like an Org or a Luckyowl would be.

NQT reads bad
Jim reads good

This is an oddball avenue of attack but I'm struggling to articulate what I don't like about it. It just seems arbitrary and picky.

In that case I'm going to end this conversation, since I don't want to vote you today and I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about D2.
Do you mind telling me why you don't want to vote webadict today, if you think he's scum? A good rule of thumb is 'always vote the scummiest player'. Do you think Bluarian is more scummy than web?

What do you think about prefuzek and webadict suspecting each other but also dodging each other?

Reads

You've got four players in the scummyish range. Among those which make sense as teams?

I am going to unvote TricMagic since I'm not bothered by his play anymore now that he's started to make his presence felt.

Not feeling ToonyMan. Just not here and not being his normal commanding presence.

EuchreJack is bothering the shit out of me by blatantly sheeping other players and joining popular bandwagons and then worrying about hostile third parties, which are all things scum players do, just not typically as blatantly.

prefuzek and webadict mutually suspecting each other but not voting each other concerns me. They voted each other earlier in the day so it's weird they both backed off from each other. Between the two I think it reflects worse on prefuzek than it does webadict, whom I still mostly read as webadict. I feel like prefuzek should be trying to get webadict if he's actually earnest about suspecting him.

NQT, FoU, and BK are around. FoU and BK are okay; NQT feels a little weaker than I'd expect. I'm pretty ambivalent about these three players in general though.

Between the players bothering me i.e. ToonyMan, EuchreJack, prefuzek, and webadict, I can't convince myself that any pairing is the scum team.

This game is a little messy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2021, 03:14:32 pm »

@Jim: Would you mind posting your reads? I know you've got some mixed in your post, but I'd like a clearer impression on what you think.  And yes, you are so absolutely fucking Town.  Like seriously, everyone should use their protects on you, because you're the only one who can be completely trusted by everyone.

Sheeping Jim, confirmed town, initiating now.

UNVOTE

Vote prefuzek

I'm not generally the sort of person that likes to justify myself, but I will mention that prefuzek was my #2 choice AND I was trying to squeeze as much use as possible out of a Lynch of Town Tric.  And don't worry Jim, accusing me of being scum is just part of your Town meta, so I'm loving the further and complete confirmation of your Townness.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:42 pm »

@Jim: Would you mind posting your reads? I know you've got some mixed in your post, but I'd like a clearer impression on what you think.  And yes, you are so absolutely fucking Town.  Like seriously, everyone should use their protects on you, because you're the only one who can be completely trusted by everyone.

Sheeping Jim, confirmed town, initiating now.

UNVOTE

Vote prefuzek

I'm not generally the sort of person that likes to justify myself, but I will mention that prefuzek was my #2 choice AND I was trying to squeeze as much use as possible out of a Lynch of Town Tric.  And don't worry Jim, accusing me of being scum is just part of your Town meta, so I'm loving the further and complete confirmation of your Townness.

That is a bit much Jack. Why are you voting for who you're voting for? Is NQT your partner?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2021, 03:20:14 pm »

@Tric: If you do flip Town, I will at least feel bad about it, you'll have improved your meta, AND your death will give much information to Town.  Who wanted to lynch you? Why did they want to lynch you?
@Tric: Who should be vouching for your town-ness? Who should be saying "I remember the time Tric was acting just like this, and he was totally Town"?
Please reference specific games if possible, so newbies like me can look them over.

Jack, are you a thief? Hence the item fishing?
I'm a Merchant.  But there are many items, I don't even recall what all of them do.  Some let a player know what items other players have, so if you did say what items you had, and you were not lynched, then I or someone else might pick up one of those "identify all the items of one player" and determine whether or not you're telling the truth.  There is also a scroll that can burn another player's items, if you've got any items that could only possibly help scum, that might be useful info.  A town thief should totally try and acquire all the scum only useful items, then say they've got a bunch of them once someone announces they have a scroll of burn items (fireball?).  A mafia thief can reacquire those items for the scum team, so its the only way to get them out of circulation entirely (as far as I know, lots of stuff to follow in this game).
Right, I am crazy. But here is a page with a good example of walls from me, so. It's only insane if it doesn't work?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170712.msg7797247#msg7797247

Thanks, I saw briefly that Web volunteers to help on the first page.  How involved was Web in that game?

Any other games with these players where you were Town? HINT: You're forgetting one, at least.
That one that Tric was forgetting was the one that I was in, and where NQT was mafia. To reiterate, I don't think we can afford to lynch NQT on day 1, otherwise I'd be looking a lot closer at NQT's behavior (or lack thereof, no graphs as others have mentioned).

Also, Tric please ask questions of other players, I'd like to see how they respond to you.  Whatever roll you flip, it should help Town.  Feel free to ask me questions too, that should help town as well!
Trying to squeeze the most out of a lynch of Tric if they were Town.  By the way, Tric is NOT off the hook, but again, trusting Jim's intuition on this one as I said I would, and voting my 2nd choice.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2021, 03:22:29 pm »

@Tric: I was typing up the above when you posted, please advise if that properly answers your question, or if you need clarification.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2021, 03:23:41 pm »

Because I don't think I have a good enough gauge on their meta read to definitively call them scum, so if I did, I'd likely be solo-pushing the vote all day and use up a lot of emotional bandwidth on it. Honestly, if I were more sure, I'd be willing to steer the town that way, but I'd rather hear what everyone else says first, just in case.

As for if TricMagic is scummier... Eh? Maybe? I'm pretty sure TricMagic is being extra cautious here, and that it's not related to them trying to play better. Tric looks Town as scum and looks scum as Town. The key is understanding why: TricMagic is impatient as a player. As scum, they overthink their actions, and as Town, they underthink them. That's why they look like they do.

So, is TricMagic scummier? Technically, no. But, it's because TricMagic is overthinking their actions. They don't want to stand out. They're trying to hide. And that's what makes their actions scummier is the insidious take on them.

And as for a prefuzek/TricMagic team, absolutely. Look at their interactions and tell me that isn't high equity for w/w.

That is a bit much Jack. Why are you voting for who you're voting for? Is NQT your partner?
Why are you defending prefuzek so much?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2021, 03:30:53 pm »

And as for a prefuzek/TricMagic team, absolutely. Look at their interactions and tell me that isn't high equity for w/w.

Just an FYI that I see it, but I'd rather wait till one flips Scum to offer the proof.  Gives less chance of the surviving scum trying to explain it away.  I got at least one post from each of them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2021, 03:35:26 pm »

@Toaster: If a player chooses Random, their random starter item is upgraded a rarity level.  If that random is Bard, they get a random uncommon in addition to a random common.  Which of the TWO starter items of the Bard gets upgraded?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2021, 03:38:38 pm »

Because I don't think I have a good enough gauge on their meta read to definitively call them scum,

Why are you defending prefuzek so much?

You answered your own question webadict. But I'd defend jim and toony too. There are scummier in my eyes, like you. But being paladin, I at least want to see your inspect go off and you reveal that knowledge day 2.

RIGHT! EuchreJack, at this point you are definitely fishing for items. Why? because you are a scum-thief.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2021, 03:39:52 pm »

Bandwagoning, item fishing, hanging in the background asking questions and pushing lynchwagons. I don't think you a null-tell anymore.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2021, 03:42:21 pm »

I'm a Merchant.  I say this so that players that inspect me as Town know I'm Town.  Plus, my overall behavior should confirm that I'm merchanty.

Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.

Web, why scumlean me so early? Are you looking to stay in the shadows?

You should have been a merchant.  You're a real star over at Risky Ventures.  If I sheep you, will you borrow money from me?  ;D
But seriously, want to tell us your two items?  It's the only way to prove you're a bard.
FallacyofUrist: What class did you pick, and why?
Toonyman: Did you pick Priest?

Everyone else: Get the joke?
notquitethere How do I play this game?  Seriously, I have no idea, and the intro text is...unhelpful.

Jim Groovester: Do you think Web and Toonyman will figure out the format in such a way as to win by the end of the first day?

Webadict: What is your thoughts on every Town player that gets a Kill item basically going full-vigilante and killing as much as possible?

Why did you make so many posts in a row looking for classes? And no, I do not get the joke.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51