Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43910 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2021, 10:26:07 pm »

With seven alive, five votes needed to Shorten the Day.
Hostage negotiations.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Raw Deal [Day 2]
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2021, 12:10:18 am »

BluearianKnight and Shorten.

I think it's BK/FoU but BK/Tric and BK/web are possible, at least by my reading of the game at the end of Day 1.

Pretty interesting thing to come back to. However one person received a boon of an uncommon or rare item from me. So nope~. My action last night is confirmed by them, though I would ask they not reveal themselves if the item is useful enough to warrant that.
Tric, they have to reveal themselves or you're up on the chopping block. Your action isn't provable unless this person you targeted claims they received an uncommon or rare item. They don't even have to say what it is.

To add further clarity the item I received was indeed Uncommon or Rare.

Web, why command Blu to attack yourself? Imagine if that plan had worked and D2 starts with a dead town!web. How would that help town? Why not inspect?

It's a decent plan to redirect the kill to somebody else, e.g., your second suspect, because if the target you redirected them to dies you have that information and can present it to the town. If you target yourself then assuming you're successful then that information gets taken with you, which accomplishes less but I guess gets you out of the game.

It's bizarrely self-destructive. Is everything okay, web, buddy? Are we not noticing the cries for help?

I will never let you die Web unless it's by my hands.
Why are you doing this to me?!

LIVE WUBA

I'm going to have to work out ways for mechanical deduction to not be horrendously difficult to counter for the scum in my own future games.

This does seem pretty nightmarish but I don't really care as long as I get to win.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2021, 12:25:12 am »

Shorten

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2021, 02:19:45 am »

Shorten

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:25 am »

You cowards.

I guess I'll end it myself.

Shorten.
Bluarianknight.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2021, 09:16:04 am »

That's five, day is shortened.  Bluarian is Mafia; I'll process the actual day end with item gains when I can.  Thread locked until then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2021, 06:41:03 pm »

Vote Count:

notquitethere:
TricMagic:
BluarianKnight: notquitethere, ToonyMan, TricMagic, webadict, FallacyofUrist, Jim Groovester, BluarianKnight
webadict:
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting:

For once, the arguments are actually unanimous; it must be BluarianKnight.  He growls and grabs his sword.  “Take me… if you can!”  He assumes a defensive stance, his armor gleaming from under his cloak; this Warrior is prepared for a fight.

ToonyMan is the first to act, and throws a rock.  Notquitethere also grabs a chunk of stone and hurls it.  The rest follow suit.  “No!  Stop!” Bluarian bellows.  He wards off a few and dodges a couple more, but a particularly large one strikes him in the side of the head, and he stumbles.  Someone rushes in and hits him with a larger one, and he falls to the ground.  Several more blows and he stops.

His bag is checked.  There’s a tattered notebook in there with ramblings about the Necromancer and notes of an instruction to stop the party at whatever the cost.  It looks like you were successful today, but another note indicates that Bluarian was not working alone.

Exhausted, you all settle in for another rest.  Will everyone see the end of this?

BluarianKnight has been lynched!  He was a Warrior (Mafia).

Night 2 has begun!  Night 2 will last until Monday, 6/7 at 10 PM EDT.  ((Unless I get all actions in, then I will end it once at least 24 hours have passed as well.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - [9/9+]
« Reply #607 on: June 05, 2021, 09:43:14 pm »

As you gather together again, it’s quickly clear that someone is missing.  A quick headcount reveals Webadict is missing.  As before, you split up in search of him.  It doesn’t take long; a horrible neck wound and arrow to the back make it clear what happened to him.  There’s no sign of who happened to this poor Ranger, but it’s clear he had nothing to do with the Necromancer.  Grimacing, you cover his body as best you can.

There’s only five of you now.  Who can be trusted?  Who is killing everyone?

Webadict has been killed!  He was a Ranger (Town).

Day 3 has begun!  Day 3 will last until Wednesday, 6/9 at 10 PM EST.

There are eight items in the public pool.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:06:54 pm by Toaster »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Free Range Murder [Day 3]
« Reply #608 on: June 05, 2021, 09:53:02 pm »

Five players left. I don't want to say that we've got room for a mis-execution, because any number of items could lead to multiple deaths.

I received a Potion of Volume in my questing, and as such I performed no Night action. Yes, I'm aware of how suspicious this sounds. Like it or not, it's the truth.

Now let's try to take a look at how people interacted with Bluarian, yeah?

(Note: web dead Day 3. Auspicious.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 05, 2021, 09:59:26 pm »

:(

I couldn't keep Web alive...

I grabbed a Scroll of Attraction from the public item pool and targeted FoU and TricMagic with it. This means it's unlikely either one of them killed Web unless they got around my redirect somehow. I still have the second charge on my Wand of Paralysis, I figured I wouldn't use it since I got the Attraction scroll.

If it's FoU or Tric how did they get around my redirect?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 05, 2021, 10:07:32 pm »

CORRECTION:  There are EIGHT items in the public pool.  I'm about to ditch this concept simply because I'm too dum to manage this correctly.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 05, 2021, 10:34:20 pm »

Doing stuff at the moment. Will come back to this later.

I used a Scroll of Protection on notquitethere.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 06, 2021, 12:02:40 am »

What are the odds that Webadict killed himself to get out of the game?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 06, 2021, 12:41:21 am »

Alright so let's go over things.

BluarianKnight was (shockingly) mafia. I don't know why they always roll mafia, but it does confirm we're definitely dealing with a two mafia team. It's almost certain Webadict was killed by this other mafia, so who is the Web killer? If we find the Web killer we find the other mafia.

1. Everybody voted Blue on Day 2 so the other mafia bussed Blue, not surprising.
2. Blue was a Warrior so that's likely why they performed the Jack kill on N1, not surprising.
3. I redirected FoU and Tric onto each other last night so it's unlikely they killed Web N2, but then why did Webadict die?

During Day 2 I was pretty certain Blue's partner was either FoU or Tric, so when I grabbed a Scroll of Attraction I thought it would be a perfect chance to contain both of these players, but Web still died. Does this mean Web was killed by Jim or NQT? Or did FoU and Tric bypass my redirections in some way? Personally this is making me paranoid of Jim and NQT, but I'll need to see everybody's claims for N2.

We're one mislynch away from lylo traditionally, but this is Roguelike Mafia so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm full-claiming everything at this point. I think we can catch the last mafia by doing this today.

Full-Claim:
I am also a Random Warrior like Blue, except town. I started the game with an uncommon Wand of Paralysis because of this.

Day 1 - went questing and got a common Scroll of Mail
Night 1 - used Scroll of Mail on NQT, used Wand of Paralysis on Webadict
Day 2 - pulled from the public item pool and got an uncommon Scroll of Attraction
Night 2 - used Scroll of Attraction on FoU and TricMagic

Current Inventory is a Wand of Paralysis with one shot left.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 06, 2021, 12:47:07 am »

Another point:

Blue used a Potion of Insurance most likely before dying. I don't think they were lying about this. Potion of Insurance allows you to name a player that receives a rare item when you die. This means Blue gave their mafia partner a rare item when they died.

I'm going to look through the rare item list and see if there's anything here the last mafia could have used.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51