Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43357 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - Raw Deal [Day 2]
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2021, 08:57:27 am »

I know that somebody randomized Blue's target
How do you know this?
NQT told me.

How did NQT tell you if you two aren't in scum chat?

from the post screen.

Oh, and TricMagic fucked himself by not claiming he used the Scroll of Greater Treasure on Jack. That would have been a very possible cover up since we don't know exactly how many people went into the public item pool.

But no, they closed off that door with this post as it implies the person they gave a treasure to is still alive. They did not target Jack last night.

I thought about targeting jack as he definitely went up on the towniness. Which is why I didn't since I figured scum would actually want to get rid of him so we didn't have someone like that.

Why has NQT shot to the top of your townlist though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2021, 09:00:09 am »

Unfortunate, but fulfills the same overall goal I had planned. I used a Scroll of Command to try to redirect BluarianKnight into potentially killing me, but, alas, I was roleblocked, so I can confirm at least the roleblocking portion.
Perfect. Does my roleblock make you waste the Scroll of Command or do you still have it?

NQT was able to tell me their action tonight because I used a Scroll of Mail on them so we could communicate once during Night 1.

Of note, this is supremely scummy of you toony. Weren't you the one with a way to save another? Why spend a Scroll of Mail on NQT of all people?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:41 am »

Unfortunate, but fulfills the same overall goal I had planned. I used a Scroll of Command to try to redirect BluarianKnight into potentially killing me, but, alas, I was roleblocked, so I can confirm at least the roleblocking portion.
Perfect. Does my roleblock make you waste the Scroll of Command or do you still have it?

NQT was able to tell me their action tonight because I used a Scroll of Mail on them so we could communicate once during Night 1.
Of note, why did you roleblock web, the pladin/l?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 03, 2021, 09:02:30 am »

Of note, why did you roleblock web, the pladin/not paladin?
Wi-fi seems to be stuttering.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:38 am »

Blu then Tric moved onto Prefuzek at the end of D1 to save Blu, and there they both stayed when the wagon moved onto Fallacy and then back to Prefuzek. The people that wagoned Fallacy are also the people that wagoned Prefuzek: Web, Toony, Jim, Euchre. So it was t/t between Fallacy and Prefuzek.

Tric and Blu didn't need to switch around at all once the Blu wagon was abandoned. This is more evidence towards Tric/Blu scum team.

We should flip Blu and then see where we're at.
To note. This is fundamentally wrong Approaching the end of day, it was you who were on the chopping block. So it is important to look at the end of day from two directions, Blue as Scum, or NQT as scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2021, 09:06:38 am »

Of note, flipping blue just to see where you are at. Not a good thing, short days.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2021, 09:11:21 am »

Pretty interesting thing to come back to. However one person received a boon of an uncommon or rare item from me. So nope~. My action last night is confirmed by them, though I would ask they not reveal themselves if the item is useful enough to warrant that.
Tric, they have to reveal themselves or you're up on the chopping block. Your action isn't provable unless this person you targeted claims they received an uncommon or rare item. They don't even have to say what it is.

I..
Seriously?
I used a potion of insurance.
We can't prove this unless you die.

K. So was going to save this. But as day end approached I had less confidence in my read on you as town toony. However, I kept up the façade so my actual target wouldn't be known. Of my three town reads, who do you think I chose if Pref was dead, and I decided not to send it to Jack and didn't quite trust you? The answer is pretty obvious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 03, 2021, 09:13:33 am »

If Jim could confirm that Tric targeted them that would be great.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 03, 2021, 09:24:30 am »

Of note, this is supremely scummy of you toony. Weren't you the one with a way to save another? Why spend a Scroll of Mail on NQT of all people?
I made no such claim of protection. In fact I denied being a Doctor. I would have protected Jack otherwise.

NQT is town unless they're with Jim. Like, you HAVE to argue it's NQT/Jim to me, which is possible if we look at the night action claims. NQT would have redirected FoU while Jim performed the kill, but why would NQT tell me they're going to randomize Blue and then lie about it when Blue could have easily disproven NQT the next day?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2021, 09:29:06 am »

Of note, why did you roleblock web, the pladin/l?
Because I thought he was full of shit and sowing confusion into Day 1, felt just like Super10 EoD1 to me.

It worked out since he didn't used a Scroll of Inspection anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 03, 2021, 09:31:28 am »

To note. This is fundamentally wrong Approaching the end of day, it was you who were on the chopping block. So it is important to look at the end of day from two directions, Blue as Scum, or NQT as scum.
I was on the chopping block until the vote switched decisively onto Blu:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After that, you and Blu started the Prefuzek wagon.

Of note, flipping blue just to see where you are at. Not a good thing, short days.
Not "just to see" but because Blu is the most likely member of the mafia. I mean, we'll be able to see teams etc. more clearly once they've flipped.

I believe it's quite possible Blu does have a potion of insurance:

Dumb question - Toaster - Can I use an action before lynched?

But the thing about potions is you can drink them and do another action at the same time, right? So what else did you do, Blu? And who benefits from your insurance?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 03, 2021, 09:34:47 am »

Web, why command Blu to attack yourself? Imagine if that plan had worked and D2 starts with a dead town!web. How would that help town? Why not inspect?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2021, 09:47:24 am »

Did I stop Webadict from killing himself? Haha, that's the opposite of this:

Just end my tortured existence
I'm trying

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 03, 2021, 09:59:55 am »

I as waiting for confirmation from Toaster that it was OK to post, and it is. So, here's what Toony sent me last night:

Hello, this is Toony.

I picked up a Scroll of Mail at EoD1 so I'm going to send a message to the player I think is most likely town right now in case I die tonight.

Please post this if I'm not around for Day 2.

My reads:

Strong Town
notquitethere - likely town, strong synergy with town Pref
EuchreJack - likely town, spewing like crazy

Weak Town
FallacyofUrist - probably town, staked their life on Pref being scum even though they were wrong, claimed Archaeologist
Jim Groovester - probably town, defended NQT from FoU and seems genuine

Not Sure
TricMagic - maybe scummy, claimed Random Bard (just like Pref), they could actually just be playing better than they usually do as town

Suspicious
BluarianKnight - scummy, no excuses
webadict - scummy, claims Paladin when they feel like it

EoD1 Votes:
prefuzek: FallacyofUrist, BluarianKnight, TricMagic, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester*
BluarianKnight: notquitethere
webadict: ToonyMan*
FallacyofUrist:  prefuzek, webadict*
*Me and Web were voting Pref before switching, Jim was voting FallacyofUrist

Near EoD1 Votes:
prefuzek: FallacyofUrist, BluarianKnight, TricMagic, EuchreJack, ToonyMan, Webadict
BluarianKnight: notquitethere
FallacyofUrist:  prefuzek, Jim Groovester

FoU is probably town and just wrong about Pref/NQT here. Pref was a Random Bard so I think that means their two uncommon items get dropped in the public pool now.

I can't get the sense of any coherent scum team, but Web/Tric/Blue all look bad to me.

I also have a Paralysis item so I will be role-blocking Webadict tonight because I think they're speaking bullshit.

You can respond to this mail with an up-to-25-words message so if you have any comments or better ideas for a target I might consider it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2021, 10:05:45 am »

Vote Count:

notquitethere:
TricMagic:
BluarianKnight: notquitethere, ToonyMan,
webadict:
FallacyofUrist: FallacyofUrist, Jim Groovester,
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan:

Not Voting: TricMagic, BluarianKnight, webadict,

Day 1 will last until Monday, 6/7 at 10 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51