Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124183 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #660 on: August 01, 2021, 06:11:00 pm »

What happened to you?

What?!  Huh?!  Did something happen to a bunch of yew trees?
If it did, I don’t know about it, I’m asking what happened to your hearing

My earring?!  I don’t have any earrings!
No, your HEARING, like your ears hear things, that is what seems to be wrong

Nearly every word you said was incorrect,

Well, it’s good to hear that everything I said was correct!  Thank you!
No, I said you think what people said is wrong, there is no banner, it’s a HAMmer, like the tool used to shove nails into holes

People are saying wrong things?!  What are they saying?  Wait!… it’s a ham?!!  We’re using a boat to hunt a giant floating ham?!!  Also, I get that you love old flails, but why are you telling me that?!!”[/quote]
HAMMER, the TOOL for NAILING THINGS

Link, as in connecting the needles together to allow teleportation
Try linking with the Speaker

Oh,  ‘Link’ the needles, as in ‘connect them’!  ‘Link’ is the word you want, not ‘ink’!
That’s what I said, you seem to mishear a lot

Miss who a lot?!
Not hearing things correctly

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 01, 2021, 06:32:16 pm »

What happened to you?

My hearing?!!  There’s nothing wrong with my hearing!!

No, I said you think what people said is wrong, there is no banner, it’s a HAMmer, like the tool used to shove nails into holes

People are saying wrong things?!  What are they saying?  Wait!… it’s a ham?!!  We’re using a boat to hunt a giant floating ham?!!  Also, I get that you love old flails, but why are you telling me that?!!”[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh, a hammer.  Did someone lose one?  Given how big the ocean is, we’ll probably never find it.  Kinda like searching for a needle in a haystack!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 01, 2021, 06:37:21 pm »

What happened to you?

My hearing?!!  There’s nothing wrong with my hearing!!

People are saying wrong things?!  What are they saying?  Wait!… it’s a ham?!!  We’re using a boat to hunt a giant floating ham?!!  Also, I get that you love old flails, but why are you telling me that?!!
[/quote]

Oh, a hammer.  Did someone lose one?  Given how big the ocean is, we’ll probably never find it.  Kinda like searching for a needle in a haystack!
[/quote]The Thunder Hammer’s been attacking people

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 01, 2021, 06:41:43 pm »

ding ding ding! Time to snip some quote pyramids, guys

Also, @A Curious Cat, Genesis linked with those people as long as tey didn't actively resist to avoid not getting a link because people weren't paying attention. feel free to break the link if you choose. Genesis will link with someone else in that case.

Edit 2: @naturegirl:
((Oh, is there no role for links?, question, do colors matter? Also what ‘s with the indigo line not connected to anyone?))
Lines that do not connect are conflicting colors. probably doesn't matter, but for consistency, if Grey would swap link colors for Luta and Flame, and if Debby were to change her link wit hGenesis to Blue, the colors would align.
Each pair of needles is connected by a thread of a single color. each needle can have seven links - one of each color. In the diagram, lines that do not connect are because the colors are duplicated on one end of the connection, so those colors should be swapped. It probably doesn't matter as long as one keeps their number of links to seven at most, but the colors can help with organization and to better keep track.

there is no roll for linking needles, unless one party is resisting (or if one is trying to link under extenuating circumstances, probably)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 06:55:29 pm by Ozarck »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 01, 2021, 07:29:47 pm »

The Thunder Hammer’s been attacking people

What?!  Did you say something?

Also, @A Curious Cat, Genesis linked with those people as long as tey didn't actively resist to avoid not getting a link because people weren't paying attention. feel free to break the link if you choose. Genesis will link with someone else in that case.

Thanks!  I’ll update accordingly.  Also, I think we can consider the links to Dew and Greed can probably be considered confirmed.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 01, 2021, 08:28:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never mind
Ask the captain Do you know what the Thunder Hammer looks like? Have you heard of a Rod of Bounty?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #666 on: August 02, 2021, 02:59:02 pm »

"We'll do our part and cooperate, but you will also remember who we are and what we represent, old man."

Backtalk our host, without hesitation.

Turning to the Homunculi, Genesis speaks a little louder,

"You guys, If we're going to be on the sea, you should link up if you haven't already. If one of us falls overboard, be good to be able to get back on, assuming there's enough of a ship left to ride."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
The old man doesn't respond.

What happened to you? Nearly every word you said was incorrect, do you have bad hearing? Link, as in connecting the needles together to allow teleportation
If you have room and he agrees, assume you're linked. Remember 7 links per needle and keep them listed.

"Aside from storms, are there any common elements or themes in the tales of this "Thunder Hammer"? "

"And have you ever heard of a rod of bounty, captain?”

Grey interrogates the salty captain.

After the captain gives his response, Grey steps away from the group and takes off his pendant, holding it outwards. Then he speaks, addressing no one in particular.

"I request this item be placed in the deposit room."

Also, does the storm in the distance look like it contains any thunder and lightning? Or is it just rain?

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
"Big." The captain says, "Some say claws, some say tentacles, some say teeth. Chimera maybe. Or they're giving it honors when another beast did the work. Hammer shape is only real thing the tales share. Hammer rising up in the fog, lit by lightning. Seems only to come during storms and in deep waters."

"Heard of it, never seen one. Find'em inland, on the farm fields. No use out here."

Your attempts to summon an ethereal concierge, or whatever this is, do not work.

The storm looks to just be heavy rain right now. You hear no thunder and see no lightning. At least you're not sure if you do or not. Its still bright enough with ambient sunlight that lightning might be hidden.

"What exactly do people describe this Thunder Hammer thing as looking like, and will we be provided with life vests, and access to ropes?"
Bold it next time.

"Like I told the other one, what it looks like ain't stable between stories. Only that hammer shape connects them. "

"Vests we have, if you want one. Many don't wear'em. Rope we have aplenty."

link with speaker and then respectfully ask the Captain what weapons are on the ship.

“Sir, could you tell me what we will be using to hunt this hammer-thingy?”
"Depth charges, harpoon guns, cannons. Axes and rifles if its got hangers on or starts climbing aboard. The prow is bladed 'neath the water as well."

What happened to you?

do you have bad hearing?

No, I haven’t had herring.  I was born only a little while ago!  I might see if there’s any way I can get the kitchen to give me some when we get back.

Link, as in connecting the needles together to allow teleportation

Oh,  ‘Link’ the needles, as in ‘connect them’!  ‘Link’ is the word you want, not ‘ink’!

Link needles with Dew and Greed (and anyone else who wishes to do so).  Try to remember about getting herring from the kitchen when we get back.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
We'll assume you link to those who are willing. As per Herring, you'll have to speak up. I'm a big hard of herring.

Pick up a ROCK FRAGMENT and create a FROGMAN
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
Edit - fixed sheet, thanks NatureGirl
(Your hp should be 10, assuming you didn't get hurt in the cave.)

[2]
No dice. Well, one dice. But it doesn't like you.

"my only question is what weaponry does the vessel have and how many sailors crew it? also I need to test something."
link Needles with someone, then stick the axe into the water and see what happens
The water is still several hundred feet below you. You and the team are all still standing up on the cliff overlooking the fishing town.
Weaponry answered above.
"Normal crew is 60. We're running heavy with volunteers though, not including yourselves."

I gently tap my air-wings with my left hand and see how it feels to have a gaseous body part and a solid one touch. does my gaseous body part allow the solid one to pass through it? also, are the air-wings even visible? I mean, they're made of air so...

I have no questions for the Captain, so I stay silent and out of the way while the others do their thing.

Your wings aren't visible really, and you can only kind of touch them. If you don't move them they're basically non-existent. But if you move them they act like concentrated wind. You can feel the pressure of their movement like you would the pressure of wind, but it doesn't stop you from moving your hand through them.

Never mind
Ask the captain Do you know what the Thunder Hammer looks like? Have you heard of a Rod of Bounty?

"One of ye already asked that."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 02, 2021, 03:30:27 pm »

Questions for the shitty captain. any question that is a repeat of previous ones, I am specifically asking for more details, or for who to ask for more details.
Genesis will not be getting on this guy's ship until we have an understanding, so no auto moving him with the group.

Edit: Borrowing the hammer pendant from Grey. He's agreed.

"So monsters you know nothing about appear with the storms and kill your crews and sink your ships and your plan is to sail out into the storm with a bunch of volunteers and get killed and sunk, and you expect no backtalk from us, eh? I don't like that situation at all, and will be remaining on ground until we have a better grasp of what's happening here.

Now, some questions:
1) what kind of hammer are we talking about? claw? ball peen? double headed? Is the hammer described as moving or stationary? how big? Wwhat proportion between the head and the handle?
You say the hammer is mentioned as rising in the fog. has it been seen clear of the fog at all? if so, what color, what material?
2) what more can you tell us about rods of bounty - origin, shape, function? If you know nothing or only a little, where can we get that information?
3) When did the fishing start to become noticeably better? When did the losses begin to occur? have they occurred at a set rate since then, or grown in frequency and power? Waxed and waned wiht a rhythm? if the last, what rhythm? are the events all tied to storms, or does the fish catch occur at all times?
4) What events happened within a month prior to the start of the boon and bane you have been experiencing? anything out of the ordinary? Did you have any migrants from the farms come through port, go to sea, and get lost with a ship?
5) Do you expect to set sail immediately for war? are we not to have an opportunity to scout the danger first?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:26:55 am by Ozarck »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 02, 2021, 03:32:03 pm »

Alright, take some ROCK FRAGMENTS and make a GAR MONSTER. Seeking to make a giant fish as big as possible. I’d like to have some way to communicate with it, maybe a whistle it can pick up on?. If there’s no way to remotely communicate, tell it to start hunting the monster, then send it on its way. In any case, I’ll toss it in the water.

Edit- obviously I’m not going to drop a giant fish on the city. I’ll either go to somewhere with clear water, or I’ll just collect the fragments and wait until I’m at a place that’s clear.

You know what? I’ll just make a ROC out of a ROCK instead.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 05:06:27 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 02, 2021, 04:46:33 pm »

Ask the captain for command over the weapons systems and a sword.

“Sir, if you don’t mind, could I have a weapon, like a sword maybe?  And while on the topic of weapons it seems like a good idea for me to take control of the weapons systems so you can focus on steering.”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 02, 2021, 09:29:12 pm »

((The captain isn’t going to respond to the speaker?))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 02, 2021, 10:40:39 pm »

Grey offers his feather shaped saber to Greed.

"Here, you can have my sword. It's magic you know."

While Genesis is being difficult, Grey gets rid of the spell in his needle and puts in a new one, Maintain the condition of everyone aboard this ship.

Grey tosses his pendant to Genesis too.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:02:40 am by Fire and Glory »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #672 on: August 02, 2021, 11:09:30 pm »

Not if its not bolded I'm not.  Mostly because chances of me even noticing it are slim.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 02, 2021, 11:43:18 pm »

Not if its not bolded I'm not.  Mostly because chances of me even noticing it are slim.

((There.  I bonded it (or at least I tried to, the result is a little wonky).))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 02, 2021, 11:53:19 pm »

"Hey Grey. if you want me to hold on to that pendant for you for a while, I will. I plan on staying ashore for a bit. Get some info, scope out the area, guard the conduit from sea monsters so we don't have to swim down to the ocean floor to go home, that kind of thing. also, be good to have someone on solid ground for people to pull back to if needed, and you can communicate with me through the needle if you guys need something."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 116