Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124175 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #630 on: July 28, 2021, 02:34:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bend all light away from The nearest guys eyes for a couple seconds, then try to create a illusion of a puppy at my feet.
[4][4]
You effectively render someone mostly blind for a few seconds. Generating the puppy goes about the same: Looks like a static image of a puppy, but only when viewed from the right angle.

((I work with anagrams, this involves messing with letters, the turn tried to store the letters of Hyperbole, h, y, p, e, b, o, and l into the wand, one copy of each letter or 2 Es and one of the other letters. Like f I had the spell, if I used the H, I would have no more Hs, I’d have the Y, P, E, R, B, O and L left…maybe I can’t take letters from a non physical object which is why you were confused, in that case,)) touch he needle to a shelf, to receive the S, H, E, L, and F for future use, hopefully this makes copies of said letters instead of disassembling the shelf. In case I can’t do this without disassembling the object, find a small shelf that isn’t holding anything, that way when the letters are taken, and it gets broken as as result, nothing else is damaged as collateral
((Ever seen the show Word World? It’s a children’s show I saw when I was younger. It’s what happens when everyone’s an anagramist))
Cannot. For multiple reasons. First, Hyperbole isn't an object you can pull letters from. You can't pull letters from nothing. Anagramists convert one thing to another by scrambling their letters. You could convert from physical object to something questionably material, but not the other way around.

Second, you cannot just put "Letters" into the thing for later use.

However, you could do a complete spell and have the result stored for later. So wallet to Wall, with the wallet vanishing and the "Wall" being stored in the needle.

Swapping needles back wit hGrey so that if one of us dies the otehr doesn't lose th needle in tehir possession. Then, re-linking to seven Homunculi
Grey The Maintainer
Bob, God of Belts
Speaker, The Insane
Flameo the probably delusional
Debby Deerest
Luta, Lord of Grassassins
Tess the Winged

Edit: also portal

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
Ok. Keep track of them.

Quote from: Piecewise
Remember to post a single action next time.
Will do.

"Nothing...Alright, thanks Flame."

Grey swaps needles with Genesis, again.

When Grey has his own needle again he fires off the Maintain (4) spell contained inside it towards one of the training dummies and observes the results.

((I won't be surprised if it does nothing interesting.))

He then goes off to find wherever Debby is.

"Hey Debby, we found out one or two things about our needles. Apparently when they're linked you can talk through them to other Humonculi, so that should be useful. You can also link them to up to seven Humonculi, which is not all of us I think, but most. Want to link ours together?"

"If you're not busy, do you think you can try asking my pendant what it does? I know it's magic but that's all."

After talking with Debby Grey congregates in the portal room.

He also breaks whatever connections were on his needle and makes them anew.

Genesis
Debby
Bob
Youare
Luta
Lambent Flame
Tess

For reference Genesis's needle which he will receive by the end of this turn, has a Maintain Velocity (4) spell in it and no glue magic I believe.

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
Alright, Keep track of those connections.

Maintaining an immobile dummy doesn't produce the most...immediately obvious results.

"Hey Debby, we found out one or two things about our needles. Apparently when they're linked you can talk through them to other Humonculi, so that should be useful. You can also link them to up to seven Humonculi, which is not all of us I think, but most. Want to link ours together?"

"If you're not busy, do you think you can try asking my pendant what it does? I know it's magic but that's all."

"Sure I'll link needles sounds like it might be a useful thing in the future, and sure I'll try to find out what the pendent can do."
Talk to the pendant and see if it'll tell me what its magic does, and link my needle with those who request it, then check on Elizabeth and see if she's still asleep, if she's still asleep leave her be, but if she isn't take her with me to the portal room.
[5]
"I halt arrows, bullets, and just about anything coming in dangerously fast. Oh but be careful, slow things still pass through. And don't fall in water. You'll freeze solid. " Says the Pendant in a cold whisper.

Liz is awake, sitting on the edge of the bed. She raises her arms for you to pick her up without saying anything and you carry her into the portal room.

I understand that my carving will be undone shortly after it is completed, but I do still have a few moments to work with it first, so I'll try to use those moments with the carvings for the shape, and the air for the material, and see if I can retain my larger though still not big enough wings form after the carvings are reverted, or if stuff happening to the object used as a base affects me as well.

when the people testing the needles ask to link theirs with mine, I accept, but remain focused on my work.

I attempt to preload my own needle with a bodyswap spell, the user taking on the size, material, appearance, etc, of the target, and the target of them.

and finally, I head to the teleporter room to see what our next task is.

You can, SO LONG AS YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH AIR. If you lose that contact, they'll revert.

I don't think you really can charge your needle with your magic, since your magic inherently only works through you.

Ok.

((Damn.  I was hoping someone would end up with a talking needle.  I even spent a fate point on it…  :())

The Speaker follows everyone else to the portal room.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Ok

Bob, having been absently basking in the glow of his belts and presumably helping with Needle Links when required, quietly makes his way to the portal room. It looked like yet another poor mage or somebody was strapped for aid, and he refused to buckle under the responsibility.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
(Not) Ok.

((I work with anagrams, this involves messing with letters, the turn tried to store the letters of Hyperbole, h, y, p, e, b, o, and l into the wand, one copy of each letter or 2 Es and one of the other letters. Like f I had the spell, if I used the H, I would have no more Hs, I’d have the Y, P, E, R, B, O and L left…maybe I can’t take letters from a non physical object which is why you were confused, in that case,)) touch he needle to a shelf, to receive the S, H, E, L, and F for future use, hopefully this makes copies of said letters instead of disassembling the shelf. In case I can’t do this without disassembling the object, find a small shelf that isn’t holding anything, that way when the letters are taken, and it gets broken as as result, nothing else is damaged as collateral
((Ever seen the show Word World? It’s a children’s show I saw when I was younger. It’s what happens when everyone’s an anagramist))
Ignore this action, the character sheet is current though
Get to the portal room
I DID IT ANYWAYS!

The Portal is open, as you'd expect. Written on the metal slab next to it is the following.

The Mundane have requested aid in dispatching a Magical threat. Investigation has revealed this threat to originate from a displaced Rod of Bounty. In accordance with the Covenants of Aid and Containment, dispatch the threat and return the rod to the containment chamber here. The Mundane on the site have been informed that you are coming; cooperate with them to fulfill our obligation to the Covenants.

If possible, discover the source and series of events which lead to the Rod being displaced.

This is our will.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 28, 2021, 02:48:15 pm »

"Rod of Bounty eh/ I bet some fool has linked up their incremental idle game to the Aether again, and the Mundane are drowning in the cookiepocalypse again. Well, let's go stab this clicker in the face and call it a day."

Step through the portal, Needle at the ready. Examine surroundings, especially for anything hostile or any Mundane to 'cooperate' with. DO I notice an obvious Fountain of Too Much Stuff spewing blessed debris about the place?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 28, 2021, 04:38:31 pm »

Understood, my action was edited to
Ignore this action, the character sheet is current though
Get to the portal room

Enter the portal

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 28, 2021, 05:02:21 pm »

infuse a light flash spell into my needle, grab some cake from the food place, and run through the portal.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 28, 2021, 07:00:11 pm »

The Speaker asks the portal how it is doing.  He then asks his needle, gloves, and robe if they are ready and then enters the portal while preparing to cross his wrists in front of him if necessary.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #635 on: July 28, 2021, 11:15:17 pm »

leave 1 of the axes (the least edgy looking) by the chest. Go through the portal
[/quote]

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2021, 12:56:43 am »

Bob adjusts his belts and strides through the portal. Once on the other side, he takes stock of his surroundings.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2021, 02:16:00 am »

"Hey Grey I talked to the pendant and it says it stops fast things coming at you like bullets and arrows, but it apparently doesn't stop slow things from hitting you, also it says you'll freeze solid if you fall in water, I guess the freezing in water is a downside or something."
Go find Grey and tell him the info, then go through the portal, also see how Elizabeth is doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 29, 2021, 04:30:07 am »

"Thanks Debby, you're a big help. I'll try not to fall into any lakes."

"Rod of Bounty..."

Grey ponders for a moment and infuses his needle with a particular spell, Maintain the current number of duplicate objects in this area.

He then gets sucked through the portal with everyone else.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:15:48 am by Fire and Glory »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #639 on: July 29, 2021, 04:42:44 am »

Youare enters the conduit room behind the mass of homunculi, fresh from a cold shower and a hot meal.

Youare goes through the conduit after linking with Grey.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:20:50 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 29, 2021, 06:49:04 am »

"Youare, we found out that our needles can be linked with up to seven Homunculi, and that you can talk through them when they're linked. I think you're a handy fellow, so do you want to link with me?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2021, 10:19:18 am »

"That sounds sensible. Forming a network before the mission is a good idea."
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2021, 06:10:45 am »

I need constant contact with one of the two mix subjects if I'm going to retain the shape/material mix? okay. I'm not 100% on why it works that way but I think I'll be fine considering that it's air we're talking about.

I nod once, and then go through the portal

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #643 on: July 30, 2021, 10:40:54 pm »

infuse a light flash spell into my needle, grab some cake from the food place, and run through the portal.
[6]
You put a light flash spell into your needle. It might be slightly larger than you intended. You grab some Cake before heading out.

The Speaker asks the portal how it is doing.  He then asks his needle, gloves, and robe if they are ready and then enters the portal while preparing to cross his wrists in front of him if necessary.

[2,3]
The portal doesn't respond and your clothing and weapon seem rather lethargic, responding only with grunts. Hmm. Someone needs to put some pep in their step!

leave 1 of the axes (the least edgy looking) by the chest. Go through the portal
[/quote]

Leaving one ax behind, you head through the portal.

"Hey Grey I talked to the pendant and it says it stops fast things coming at you like bullets and arrows, but it apparently doesn't stop slow things from hitting you, also it says you'll freeze solid if you fall in water, I guess the freezing in water is a downside or something."
Go find Grey and tell him the info, then go through the portal, also see how Elizabeth is doing.
Liz seems to be doing ok. She's taking everything going on around her in stride, seemingly only mildly interested by the new events. Probably feeling kind of disconnected from everything after her former master's death.

"Thanks Debby, you're a big help. I'll try not to fall into any lakes."

"Rod of Bounty..."

Grey ponders for a moment and infuses his needle with a particular spell, Maintain the current number of duplicate objects in this area.

He then gets sucked through the portal with everyone else.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

[5] Spell added to needle.

I need constant contact with one of the two mix subjects if I'm going to retain the shape/material mix? okay. I'm not 100% on why it works that way but I think I'll be fine considering that it's air we're talking about.

I nod once, and then go through the portal

Quote from: From the Rules
Chameleon: Allows the Homunculus to take on the shape/material of anything they are currently touching. How much of themselves they can change depends on the amount of the material they're touching. So if ya want your whole body to become steel, you have to be touching at least as much steel.
Currently touching doesn't mean "When the spell activated" it means "As long as the spell is active".   Ie if you want to be steel you need enough steel to be equal to your volume AND you need to remain touching it.  That is how the rules are currently written. However, this is extremely restrictive so I might instead give it some sort of slow "Draining" effect where you return to normal over time instead of the instant you lose contact with the material.

The team falls through the star spattered in-between space, tumbling through that nebulous expanse before suddenly finding themselves back on their feet in the normal world.   They sky is a sea of cobwebs, gray lace of clouds dotted with spots of sunset red. At first glance they  seem to be on a wide grassy plain dotted with white boulders like giants' tombstones, but to their right the plain ends suddenly and a vast expanse of dark blue stretches beyond. The ocean roars, waves crashing against the white cliff walls. The wind is blowing in gusts off the ocean, carrying the smell of salt and dead fish to them and stinging their eyes. In the distance, looming over the water, the gray clouds deepen to black and the haze of distant rain  blurs the horizon.

A man stands in front of them, eyes burning out from under the brim of his knitted cap and heavy brow. He's dressed warmly and in layers, dark green rain slicker over dark blue jacket over white woolen shirt. He's old and gaunt, his face rough and unshaven, uncombed gray hair juts out from under his cap. The wind blows his rain slicker about erratically but he stays stock still. It takes them a moment to realize he's leaning on a cane made of driftwood.

"That the lot o ye?" He says after he apparently finishes looking the group over. He doesn't wait for an answer before turning and walking off, only a half wave of his cane indicating the group should follow.  The group does follow, carrying their teleportation conduit with them like pallbearers. The man leads them across the short grass to the edge of the sea cliff. White and gray stone stands defiant against the water, scattered natural towers and arches carved from the shoreline over millennia. Here the cliff face dips inward and forms a natural bay, a "C" shaped alcove flanked by enormous walls of stone. Those stone walls are alive with movement. Buildings cling to the stone like steel barnacles while pathways, catwalks, ziplines, and cables crisscross the open air. Down on the water's surface a false beach of floating platforms and pontoons forms a flowing dock. Dozens of ships are moored down there, maybe hundreds. And while most are small vessels, a few truly enormous craft dominate the center of the bay. More ships are still coming into port,  black plumes of smoke rising from their stacks or their exposed motors.

The ships pull nets laden with fish or lines dragging harpooned beasts up into shallow waters. Alongside the moored ships stand scaffolds holding the carcasses of beasts mid butchery. Distant men carry great slabs of carved flesh across blood slick walkways into storehouses nearby. Bones are piled carefully along the walls of the false beach and crews work in the dozens to drag the fresh catches onto the docks. Out beyond the bay, perched on wave battered stones, is an ancient looking lighthouse. Its difficult to tell it apart from the rocks, built as it is from giant cyclopean slabs of stone. Its light doesn't rotate, instead it seems to pulse out in all directions at once, accompanied by an echoing roar of a fog horn.

"The catch has been the best we seen in years. Maybe lifetimes." The old man says, looking down at the scene below.  "But men been disappearing. Whole ships vanishing. Those that come back tell tale of something out there attacking fishermen. They call it the Thunder Hammer. Supposed to come with the storms."

He points his cane down at one of the huge ships occupying the center of the docks.

"That's our vessel. We'll be hunting the Hammer."

He half turns his head to look back at the group.

"If ye got questions, out with em. I'll take no backtalk or hesitation once we're aboard my ship."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 30, 2021, 11:30:57 pm »

"We'll do our part and cooperate, but you will also remember who we are and what we represent, old man."

Backtalk our host, without hesitation.

Turning to the Homunculi, Genesis speaks a little louder,

"You guys, If we're going to be on the sea, you should link up if you haven't already. If one of us falls overboard, be good to be able to get back on, assuming there's enough of a ship left to ride."

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 116