Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124201 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #840 on: August 23, 2021, 10:31:20 pm »

(So if I turn bullet into magic and put it in the needle, since my magic also uses what the object is made of, would the stuff that made up the bullet become a formless chunk? Is there another anagramist on board I can ICly chat with?)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2021, 11:07:16 pm »

((I believe there's only one other active anagramist at the moment which is Luta, they're on the shore at the moment but Gray could probably open a link using his needle so that Dew could speak to them.))

((I'm not sure what would happen to the bullet, that's definitely something for the anagramists to work out.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 24, 2021, 02:10:34 am »

(I think piecewise said that if you take something and turn it to magic the item disappears.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 24, 2021, 02:48:53 am »

((The Anagramist turns the item in question into MAGIC letters, using the [material][object] tags. You use the letters of the material and the letters of the name of the object. You take the letters you get from the material and object, and recombine them into another object. Any letters unused in the transformation are lost, as they are consumed by the MAGIC that causes the transformation.

You could use different words to describe the material of an object, as long as it is appropriate for the object. For instance, you could call it a METAL bullet or a LEAD bullet. You could specify the bullet CASING, and use COPPER CASING (or perhaps COPPER BULLET CASING). As long as the terms you use reasonably define the object, and you spell it properly, it should be okay.

You don't get leftover lumps of undefined materials, unless perhaps due to a weird roll of the die. The material you start with CAN effect the form of the object you make - see the grass blades and grassassins that ruined Creation's day back in the first mission.

Anagraming requires some inventiveness and creative ability to take objects on hand and wordsmith them into useful things, or take a concept you wish to make and find a creative way to get teh letters necessary to make that idea a reality.

If any of what I say contradicts what PW says or decides, his word is, of course, the final decider. I am just trying to help you understand the structure of your ability so you can make the best use of it you can. Good Luck!))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 24, 2021, 03:30:58 am »

((I fixed my action, do you think it’s valid?))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 24, 2021, 03:36:08 am »

((Looks fine to me but do be careful with that.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #846 on: August 24, 2021, 02:09:54 pm »

(I lost the original turn here so I'm doing everything from memory. If things seem shortened, thats why.)

The Speaker asks the sea if there are any rods of counting in it and, if so,  where they can be found.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

Edit:  fixed action
[5]
The sea, speaking via the crrashing of waves against the side of the boat, tells you that it doesn't know what you're talking about. However, it says that there are a great many human things below you and in this area.

<snip>

((The Speaker isn’t on the boat, he’s actually on the shore.  I think you made the same mistake with other people as well…))

Edit:  didn’t see this before…
Genesis locates Speaker, and scrawls in the dirt with his needle, making sure Speaker sees it: "YOUR TASK: Find a clipboard, notebooks, and pens/pencils. Only communicate with me via writing from now on, until you get afunctionary to give you hearing."

The Speaker nods and uses his needle to write “Ok” in the sand.  He then proceeds to ask the sea if it has the items Genesis asked for, and if so, where they can be found.

[3]
The sea throws a glob of seaweed into your face for wasting its time.

"Debby? How did your efforts go?"
"According to the ocean the hammer is coming up from the bottom a few miles from here and is heading towards the town, then the waves became and arrow."
Debby then points to where the arrow had indicated.
Grab some spare rope, then sew my axe and rifle together while I wait.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3][3]
10 feet of rope, and the blade of the ax basically just gets welded onto the end of the rifle barrel.

"Heading toward town? I better warn Ericson."

Return to Ericson and let him know that the Hammer seems to be heading toward town. Let him speak directly to Debby through the link if he needs more info. Then ask about the use of a balloon (and guide) to fly up to the sunken town and then to the Atelier branch.

Additionally, I have a secret action I am posting via PM. Don't worry, it shouldn't affect anyone but Genesis.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
He listens and tells you he's going to hang nets across the bay opening and get all the cannons and harpoon guns to point that way. So if it shows up, it will get ganked. Also he said the thinks it will probably attack as the storm rolls in over the town.

He gives you a note for a pilot/Guide and a balloon. Says the balloon is in a red roofed warehouse down on the water line, but that you might need help getting it up and onto the plains above. Also says the guy you're looking for is named Anders and is in a house on the third level. He says to offer him a month's paid leave to help you.

Explain to the squid that it will need to find the boat and attack any monsters that come after the boat. Then ask it to use it’s tentacles to help pull itself into the water.

Whether or not the squid gets in the water, once again use a ROCK to make a ROC

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Squid crawls off and falls into the ocean.
[6]
Rock becomes a Roc (giant eagle with a wingspan of about 15 meters). It immediately plucks you off the ground and starts carrying you into the sky. -2 hp for minor talon related injuries.

(Thanks, what do bullets tend to be made of? I know the axe head and rifle are made of metal, and the handle of the axe is likely made of wood or metal)
Take a bullet and put the words TALL CASTLE in my needle using METAL BULLET CASING as the letter source
[6]
You now have "Tall Castle" with a [6] in your needle. Make sure to record it as that.

Grey talks with the captain.

"We have determined that a purely magical solution is impractical and so we are ready to assist with whatever strategy you decide to put into action, captain."

Grey relays to the captain what Debby discovered in regards to the rough location of the hammer, how deep it is, and where it is headed.

Grey later examines the rifle-saber through his needle to determine if the saber-bayonet's magic is concentrated in the blade or if it's spread into the rifle as well.

Grey also determines if the Leaden Crown has any small boats attached to it, in case someone has to go out alone.

The captain also mentioned something about a fleet of smaller ships accompanying us earlier? How many are we looking at here?

By the way, I'm not sure I want to ask but where is the teleport conduit?

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
You tell the captain about the Hammer.  He decides that the best course of action would be to position themselves between the storm and the bay and drop their bait there. He gets the ship moving that way.

Magic is stull in the blade, not in the gun.

The Ship does have about a dozen smaller boats connected to it, in addition to about a dozen life boats.

The smaller ships mentioned were the ones on this ship. Least I think thats what was mentioned.

Right now, its in the village. We'll assume in the Boss' office for the moment.

The Leaden Crown moves so that its effectively directly between the now somewhat distant bay and the fast approaching storm. It dumps half its chum containers and then waits. The captain asks anyone who can provide them with better info about whats coming to do so, and everyone else should get ready. There are already giant fish churning in the water around the ship because of the chum. Some of the sailors are firing shingle shots down at them when the break the surface, adding more meat to the expanding pool of gore. After about 10 minutes everyone hears a sort of deep whistling noise and the water appears to get rougher. The storm is still a good few miles off.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 24, 2021, 02:42:23 pm »

Politely ask the bird to take me back to the cliff. Then ask if it would take me to the boat after grabbing my lads.

If it becomes apparent that the bird isn't friendly, then pull the string to teleport to Genesis.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:38:51 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 24, 2021, 03:25:31 pm »

Well that was rude!

The Speaker asks the sea if there are any rods of bounty in it and, if so, where they can be found.  He then asks the land if it knows where any things to write with and/or on are located and, if so, where.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 24, 2021, 08:37:45 pm »

Make arrangements for the balloon ride, as suggested by Ericson. If the ballooneer thinks we can get where we are going ahead of or in spite of the storm, do so. Nothing like an adventure to get the (pure) blood pumping. If hte ballooneer thinks it's a bad idea to head out now, wait out the storm, ready to assist against the monster.

Sheet updated from sekrit action. follow up action pm'd.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 24, 2021, 09:15:18 pm »

Be ready with the rifle

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 24, 2021, 09:20:25 pm »

Grey shares the news with Genesis and Luta.

"It sounds like the first sea monster just found us so communications might get a bit spotty from here on out."

Grey spends 1 fate to Maintain the ship's hull and stands on the deck with his needle ready in case anything tries to eat his face off.

If some kind of projectile comes his way, fireballs, acid spit and such, Grey crosses his wrists to activate his gloves and fend off the attack.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:54:47 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 24, 2021, 11:38:10 pm »

"Understood. We're initiating defensive measures at town as well. If you need out, I'll still be on land unless you call me there. Try to bring as many as you can hold onto if that's the case."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 25, 2021, 07:15:18 am »

"Oh shit it might have been a bad time to fuck with the rifle."
Check my rifle and make sure it'll still fire without exploding, then get ready for a potential impact.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 25, 2021, 07:28:17 am »

@Zultan remember that you burned your fate point on talking to the ocean, so your current count should be 0
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 116