Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124161 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please review the Link Web
« Reply #1020 on: October 07, 2021, 12:44:51 pm »

<snip>

Also, Cat, you have two bolded action posts. the second is purely RP and doesn't need GM attetion, so might be wise to unbold that :)

((He’s also eating the dishes and silverware.  Doesn’t that count as an action?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories.
« Reply #1021 on: October 07, 2021, 01:29:10 pm »

(I don't consider myself linked to Greed or Youare yet, because I haven't received their permission to do so. I do give anyone else permission to link to to me, if I have space.)
(Also, I only have one action post since the last update. The one about going to eat and think.  I am trying to figure out how to use my powers as a Cognizant, so I'm trying them on something safe, like people's names and ability types.)

Hold on, there are two cats here, which one was being talked too?
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 07, 2021, 06:47:17 pm »

(Sorry to mess up your new web but could you swap Luta's linkage with Grey to yellow and then remove Grey's connection to Flame? Aaron's wandering off to get food but next time Grey comes across them he plans on adding them to his network.)
Noted. I'll change it once you've added Aaron. Which you may as well do now. He seems fine with it and people can veto after the fact if they want. Saves me editing time to do it all in onego.

<snip>

Also, Cat, you have two bolded action posts. the second is purely RP and doesn't need GM attetion, so might be wise to unbold that :)

((He’s also eating the dishes and silverware.  Doesn’t that count as an action?))
Sure, that probably counts. but, again, You have two bolded action posts. Try not to do that.

(I don't consider myself linked to Greed or Youare yet, because I haven't received their permission to do so. I do give anyone else permission to link to to me, if I have space.)
(Also, I only have one action post since the last update. The one about going to eat and think.  I am trying to figure out how to use my powers as a Cognizant, so I'm trying them on something safe, like people's names and ability types.)

Hold on, there are two cats here, which one was being talked too?
They can tell me after if they refuse to link. Saves me time and effort tracking these things if i just assume they work out. The other cat was the one being talked to about the number of bolded turns.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Updated, but sloppy
« Reply #1023 on: October 07, 2021, 06:54:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 07, 2021, 07:04:35 pm »

Youare gets a new robe from the box, having removed the old one from existence, and links with anyone who offers.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 07, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »

Youare gets a new robe from the box, having removed the old one from existence, and links with anyone who offers.

((Hugh will be happy to link with Youare.  I can offer you orange, blue, or violet (of which, according to Ozarck’s link map, you are already using violet to link with Grey).  Which color do you want?))

<snip>

Sure, that probably counts. but, again, You have two bolded action posts. Try not to do that.

<snip>

How’s that?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:40:27 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 07, 2021, 08:50:13 pm »

((better. Thanks for your efforts :) ))

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #1027 on: October 07, 2021, 10:20:26 pm »

"What other Homunculi... groups will we likely work with in the future?"
After his question is answered, Flameo will wash off all the gore and check if the big fish got dragged here.
Spoiler: Flame (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:51:38 pm by m1895 »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 08, 2021, 01:41:24 am »

(For the others that don't know; in the discord PW clarified that each Homunculous can ask one question, so we can have some fun with that.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 08, 2021, 03:59:08 am »

"What can the eyes on our equipment do?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 08, 2021, 04:12:15 am »

"What can the eyes on our equipment do?"
"This interests me as well."

Grey converses with Genesis. Either in person or through the needle depending on where he is at the moment.

"Genesis, when you mentioned that the eyes on our equipment hold some functions, what did you mean by that exactly?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 08, 2021, 03:15:55 pm »

"I haven't figured the m all out yet. In particular, the function of the eye on the robe eludes me. but the Needle, for instance allows us to see the magic within things, and the gloves allows us to see normally with our eyes closed.

I'm not good at asking questions. Grey, you ask mine for me."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 08, 2021, 09:33:20 pm »

"Interesting. If I think of something I'll ask your question though I'm going to see what I can find out without asking first."

"Youare, once you get clothed do you want to help me try to find anything new about our equipment?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 09:55:54 pm by Fire and Glory »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1033 on: October 12, 2021, 07:30:29 pm »

I go to the quarters area and attempt to wash myself, get the sweat and gore off. Afterwards I'm going to attempt to test if I can turn my arm into water and still hold my Needle and fill the sleeve of my robe with it. If I can, then I'll test again, this time having turned my arm into air.

[5]
You can hold your needle with a water arm, though its not as easy and sudden movements or swings threaten to case you to drop the needle. Or rather for the needle to push out through your watery fingers.  You alter the shape and size of your body, but this reverts to normal as soon as that element is gone.

Ask any speakers (Debby) if they can ask my needle what spell it has.

In the mean time, see if there are any amenities that would suit the shark for now. 

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Needles don't contain spells. They contain magic, which can be directed as a spell. The magic's "Flavor" is influenced by what you take it from.

[3]
There are facilities for showers and baths so about the best you can do is fill a bathtub and dump the shark in it. Though he will be comically too large.

<snip>

You flop out of the cauldron, get dressed, and go see what all the hub bub is about. You get caught up on the basics and link up with the others...assuming they have spots and are ok with it.

<snip>

((Am I correct to assume that Aaron Blackstar getting “caught up on the basics” includes the others teaching him what how the needles, gloves, and robes work?))

((Assuming the answer is yes:))

Hugh watches attentatively while the others explain the basics to Aaron, giving out an “Oh! That’s interesting” or an “Ah!” When appropriate.  When the lesson is done he says “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was very interesting!  Is there anybody that would like to link needles with me?

((Assuming the answer is no:))

Hugh sees the Aaron linking needles with the others and asks “Ho! Ho! Ho!  What is that that you’re doing with your needles?

((Regardless of the answer from the GM:))

<snip>

Aaron links with the giant homunculus on his way to get food, and once there grabs the first thing that comes to hand, sits down, and searches in his mind for the names and variant types of his companions.

<snip>

Hugh follows Aaron to the kitchen and picks out and eats a meal, finishing by eating the dishes and silverware.   “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That hit the spot!

After that he goes and takes a shower (as soon as it’s available, of course).

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Edit:  added needle links.

Edit2:  combined posts.

You watch the demonstration of the basics and ask if anyone wants to link needles.

You make a sandwich out of an assortment of random foods, with a plate on the bottom and a plate on top. You swallow the entire thing in one bite.  You pat your belly in an exaggerated fashion and then head off to the showers.

"We still don't know all the functions of our equipment, nor do we know why purebloods are the way homunculi are supposed to be, and what advantages we have over you others, if any. Those are probably good areas to ask about. Or we could ask about the Grand Atelier, the organizations, or our own master, Sebiline the All Seeing. Oh, the Eyes on our equipment carry some functions related to Sebiline's specialty.

I'll explain to the newbies the commonly known functions of the equipment and link with Hugh. Then I'll go into the arena an d perform the experiments I will PM.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
Done. If you want to share the results, feel free.

"Thank you all for your explanations. I am Aaron Blackstar, and am a Cognizant. I am happy to link with anyone here, and seek to answer your questions, but for the moment, I would like to get something to eat."

Aaron links with the giant homunculus on his way to get food, and once there grabs the first thing that comes to hand, sits down, and searches in his mind for the names and variant types of his companions. He lets anyone else who wants link with him during this time.

[4]
You know your own:
"Iteration 31199, Calderon Code: Phlogiston.  Investigation Corp, Patron: Sebiline the All-Seeing."

But you do not innately know the iterations of the others. Nor what this even means.

"Why don't we ask what the eyes on our stuff do."

Ask any speakers (Debby) if they can ask my needle what spell it has.
"I can."
Ask Luta's needle what the spell within it does, then go get some food for me and Elizabeth.
[4]
The needle doesn't speak back. Or rather, your magic laced words don't seem to reach it intact. They seem to come out as normal, with that odd sound your voice makes when "Speaking". But a moment later the sound becomes flat and monotone.

greed links with Hugh and goes and gets another coat and pair of gloves.  in addition he asks what all of the functions of our stuff are.
You open the chest and grab a new cloak and gloves. Your old ones vanish as you do so.  See the end of the turn for your answer.

When the lesson is done he says “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was very interesting!  Is there anybody that would like to link needles with me?
"Sure, I'll link with you Hugh."

"Knowing more about our equipment suits me."

Grey will hold onto his and Genesis's questions for now until he sees what comes of Greed's inquiry.

Crab claws are very cool and stylish but sadly we live in a world made for hands. Grey will regain his human arm and get his replacement glove and robe.

Let's mess around with our stuff for a bit.

1. Grey presses his palms together, fingers straight.
2. Grey presses his palms together, fingers interlocked.
3. Grey claps his hands thrice.
4. Grey investigates these spacious sleeves on his robe, holding his rifle by the barrel and poking it stock-first into his sleeve. Homunculi only have two hands and yet somehow Grey has kept possession of both his needle and rifle despite all that climbing and not to mention losing an arm, and other Homunculi have been carrying 3 weapons or more! The only answer is that they're doing something subconsciously without noticing, and it's time to find out what.
5. Grey orientates himself towards Youare and places his hands over his eyes, palms inwards.
6. He then does the same but with the palms facing outwards.
7. After Youare is clothed Grey examines Youare's robe through the eye of his needle, paying particular attention to the red eye on the back.

At some point Grey reorganize his needle links, cutting links with Bob and Flame and forging new links with Hugh and Aaron.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
Arm regained and stuff gathered.

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Nope
4. The sleeves seem to swallow up anything you place into them. You place the rifle in and its gone. but when you reach in, intending to grab it, your hand grasps the stock and you pull it out like a rabbit out of a hat.
5. Palms inwards huh? Nothing then. The eyes on your gloves are on your palms after all.
6. You can see through the eyes on the gloves.
7. There does seem to be some magic woven into the threads. Its a lot more subtle than the mage work you've seen before though. Its form and function are obscure.

Links cut and made

Nudity defeated.

After his question is answered, Flameo will wash off all the gore and check if the big fish got dragged here.
Spoiler: Flame (click to show/hide)
See end of turn for answer.

Gore washed, fish not found.

QUESTIONS

Homunculi abound in many forms and shapes, with many purposes. Those you are likely to cooperate with to any major degree are:

Investigation corps
Capture Corps
Destroy Corps
Artisan Corps
Aspirants

" what all of the functions of our stuff are."

Protection, Remote viewing, storage, environmental regulation, siphoning of magical power, fusion of materials, perception of the unseen, linking of sound, vision, and physical person, Teleportation, transpositional movement, servitude, telekinesis, and shape shifting.   

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Precise wording
« Reply #1034 on: October 12, 2021, 09:26:21 pm »

((Is it still possible for humonculi who haven’t asked their questions yet to ask them?))

Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was refreshing!

After getting out of the shower and redressing, Hugh performs three experiments:

1.  Hugh holds the eye of his needle in the palm of his hand and looks through the eye of the needle at the eye in his hand while holding one of the links with the other hand.

2.  Hugh does the above, but pulls on the link once without releasing.

3.  Hugh looks through the eye of his needle at one of his links.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:28:14 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 116