Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124197 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1125 on: October 24, 2021, 08:33:38 pm »

Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

Follow my link with Hugh back to the village. Relink my needle with anybody who agrees to try my plan. Trade left gloves with Hugh.

In the morning I'll proceed down the path a little ahead of the others, with my needle up my sleeve and using my robes to appear as some normal defenseless girl, as bait to lure out our prey. There's no telling whether the... nature of the rumors about Greenveil are true, but if they are it would prove beneficial to the bait to appear as someone conventionally attractive.

As I walk down the path, make sure my right palm is facing backwards and every few steps close my right eye to check if something is sneaking up behind me.

Can I still hear people trying to contact me through my needle if it's stowed up my sleeve, and can I still see through my glove-eyes if I'm using my robe to disguise myself? If I wear my own glove on one hand but a glove belonging to another homunculus on my other, can I still create a shield by crossing my arms, or do the gloves used have to belong to the same set?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 01:45:01 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1126 on: October 24, 2021, 08:47:02 pm »

Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

Follow my link with Hugh back to the village. Relink my needle with anybody who agrees to try my plan.

In the morning I'll proceed down the path a little ahead of the others, with my needle up my sleeve and using my robes to appear as some normal defenseless girl, as bait to lure out our prey.

((I’ve updated my previous post to have Hugh relink with Aa (honestly, I just thought she would walk back…).))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Shadowed Woods
« Reply #1127 on: October 24, 2021, 10:40:16 pm »

"From what I heard if we travel the path we'll eventually come across the town, so I say we follow the trail and stop by."

"If Aa wants to walk in front of us, I have no objections. Though maybe we should all take guises as villagers? We'd look more like a search party instead of dangerous agents of the Magi."

"I'll take fourth watch."

Grey swaps gloves with Genesis and breaks his link with Luta, forming a new one with Aa. Grey randomly picks one of the men around the village and shapeshifts so that his face and robe matches their appearance. I assume they'll agree to this, because they wouldn't want to disagree would they?

After sleeping and taking fourth watch Grey hides his needle in his robe, hopefully not breaking anything with its anti-magic properties. He then travels the forest path with the group, with Aa and Genesis some distance ahead, periodically looking through the gloves he gave Genesis to be sure that they're still upright and walking forwards.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:47:01 am by Fire and Glory »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 25, 2021, 12:12:35 am »

(Patched up the link web for the time being.)

Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 25, 2021, 12:14:08 am »

"I suppose that makes sense. tuck your needles into your sleeves and those of you with physical oddities might want to stay toward the back or something. Maybe we pair up or something and go at intervals."

((good work on the web))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 25, 2021, 12:51:49 am »

"We'll want some inconspicuous method of keeping an eye on each other in that case, or keep an eye on Aa at least, in case of some sort of instant incapacitation hazard. Perhaps we should swap gloves?"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:54:40 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 25, 2021, 01:12:35 am »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  That sounds like a grand plan!  I’ll take first watch, but first I want to try something.”, Hugh responds.

((I’ll add Hugh’s additional actions to my other post.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 25, 2021, 02:32:03 am »

"Swapping gloves sounds like a good idea. I'll go ahead with the new kid. Here, Grey, swap with me."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:36:43 am by Ozarck »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 25, 2021, 02:47:30 am »

"There you go."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 25, 2021, 04:21:04 am »

"those of you with physical oddities might want to stay toward the back or something."
"I feel this statement is mostly geared towards me and the new person, and I for one do not see myself as odd."

Take whichever position in the watch is available and stay with the group when we head out in the morning.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 25, 2021, 08:59:33 am »

"I feel this statement is mostly geared towards me and the new person, and I for one do not see myself as odd."
"I don't have a better term for it. Oh, someone please check regularly through their needle for signs of magic in the forest. If I'm going to be bait I can't exactly be pulling out my needle every few minutes to stare around."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 25, 2021, 11:10:43 am »

"Okay, good idea. Who would like to trade gloves with me and keep an eye out?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 25, 2021, 11:19:17 am »

"Okay, good idea. Who would like to trade gloves with me and keep an eye out?"

Ho! Ho! Ho!  I’ll be glad to trade gloves with you, little one, provided they’ll fit us!  Otherwise, We’ll both have to find someone else.  Hopefully, they’ll fit, though…”, Hugh smiles at Aa.

((Actions will be added to a previous post.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 25, 2021, 11:48:11 am »

"Hmm, perhaps we could trade only one side? Keeping my own glove might be useful to watch my own back. In a way that doesn't look like watching my back."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 25, 2021, 11:55:43 am »

"Hmm, perhaps we could trade only one side? Keeping my own glove might be useful to watch my own back. In a way that doesn't look like watching my back."

Hugh raises a quizzical eyebrow.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 116