Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124182 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1470 on: February 15, 2022, 03:50:01 am »

Follow Grey into whatever ruin he's planning on hiding in, also disguise myself as rubble and keep weapon ready to murder attackers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 15, 2022, 08:44:01 am »

*shrug*
Move inward, but angled a bit away from the landslide. Use my robe to camouflage with whatever landscape I am currently in. Keep low so the damaged portion is hidden as much as possible. Carefully observe any humans or humanoids that approach. Heck, look at them through the needle to see if they are magically controlled. Be ready to stab anything hostile that isn't under the Covenant of Protection.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 04:07:21 am by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 15, 2022, 12:01:48 pm »

Go still and play dead.
please forget about me and leave me alone. you have bigger problems right now, and i nearly am dead anyway.
IF it seems like a follow-up blow is incoming, then i'll tug on whatever thread I can so that I can be wisked out of the way. preferably Grey's but I can't be picky in that kind of situation.
In whatever case, I'm out of the fight at this time, unless everything falls apart I'm not likely to do much for the rest of the encounter.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1473 on: February 15, 2022, 01:19:40 pm »

Deadpan, Sunny looks up at Aaron for a second if you looked at him you'd swear he had murder in his nebulous eyes but that all dropped away seeing all the new (not to mention old) friends he was about to make thus his smile returned "I was sure that sapling would listen," dusting his leotard off the homunculus said to his companion "Oh well, there'll always be other saplings anyhow."

Seeing as the situation looks bad Sunny calls on the power of Friendship to protect his allies by asking Friendship nicely to lend him aid. (Use 1 Fate Point for this)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:43:00 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 15, 2022, 10:50:47 pm »

Hugh finds cover and uses his robe to disguise himself appropriately.  He examines anyone passing by through his needle, ready to defend himself and the other’s as necessary.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 16, 2022, 01:51:49 am »

(Genesis lost 2 health when his robe blew up so by my reckoning he should be at 7 HP by now.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 16, 2022, 04:08:33 am »

(Genesis lost 2 health when his robe blew up so by my reckoning he should be at 7 HP by now.)
Thank you. Well spotted. Fixed it. I guess I forgot more than the fate point that round.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 17, 2022, 01:44:44 am »

"Sorry. It didn't look like you were getting anywhere with that, so I thought we should help the others. Here, take this and if any of our friends looks badly hurt, ask their body to fix itself a little in exchange for some dessert. You can have one of us use needle transportation with you if necessary."

Aaron gives Sunny any conduit dessert stored in his sleeves, draws his bloodthirsty knife, and watches his surroundings while attempting to know where the most hostiles are in the valley.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1478 on: February 19, 2022, 01:20:40 pm »

Go still and play dead.
please forget about me and leave me alone. you have bigger problems right now, and i nearly am dead anyway.
IF it seems like a follow-up blow is incoming, then i'll tug on whatever thread I can so that I can be wisked out of the way. preferably Grey's but I can't be picky in that kind of situation.
In whatever case, I'm out of the fight at this time, unless everything falls apart I'm not likely to do much for the rest of the encounter.

The thorny branch doesn't pull back so much as it just vanishes into nothing. It has successfully speared you straight down through the roof and second story of an old building and left you laying flat on your back, looking up at the vine blackened sky.

Ow. Ow. Can't feel legs. Hopefully still have legs...

Deadpan, Sunny looks up at Aaron for a second if you looked at him you'd swear he had murder in his nebulous eyes but that all dropped away seeing all the new (not to mention old) friends he was about to make thus his smile returned "I was sure that sapling would listen," dusting his leotard off the homunculus said to his companion "Oh well, there'll always be other saplings anyhow."

Seeing as the situation looks bad Sunny calls on the power of Friendship to protect his allies by asking Friendship nicely to lend him aid. (Use 1 Fate Point for this)

[4,5]
Sunny, with the power of god and anime on her side apparently, asks the concept of friendship for help. All the homunculi feel a warm sensation in their chest and know that their friends have their back! They can win! Heart of the cards...whatever that means!

[All Homunculi rolling at advantage this turn.]

"Sorry. It didn't look like you were getting anywhere with that, so I thought we should help the others. Here, take this and if any of our friends looks badly hurt, ask their body to fix itself a little in exchange for some dessert. You can have one of us use needle transportation with you if necessary."

Aaron gives Sunny any conduit dessert stored in his sleeves, draws his bloodthirsty knife, and watches his surroundings while attempting to know where the most hostiles are in the valley.

You hand a piece of cake to Sunny, who immediately declares you her "Cake friend" and then try to know something.
[?,?]
It seems like the entire valley is hostile...as well as the sky. Not a lot of friendship around, other than Sunny of course.

Grey takes advantage of the smoke screen to scramble into cover inside the ruins, using his robe to camouflage himself with the intent of hiding until the bulk of the enemy forces have moved past his position.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
Follow Grey into whatever ruin he's planning on hiding in, also disguise myself as rubble and keep weapon ready to murder attackers.
*shrug*
Move inward, but angled a bit away from the landslide. Use my robe to camouflage with whatever landscape I am currently in. Keep low so the damaged portion is hidden as much as possible. Carefully observe any humans or humanoids that approach. Heck, look at them through the needle to see if they are magically controlled. Be ready to stab anything hostile that isn't under the Covenant of Protection.

Hugh finds cover and uses his robe to disguise himself appropriately.  He examines anyone passing by through his needle, ready to defend himself and the other’s as necessary.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

[4,4][4,1]
Gray, Hugh, Genesis, and Debby scramble down the crater wall in silence as Sharpe continues providing covering fire. Gray is somewhat distracted as he moves, both from his recent near possession and from  the fact that it is taking constant effort to keep his "maintain" spell active. The force in that pit is pushing on his bubble of silence very hard and only getting harder. They make it down past the trees and into the bare stone, weaving between buildings and sticking to the shadows.  As they go, they get a better look at the people charging up towards the landslide and Sharpe: On the outside most appear to be normal humans, though dirty and ragged. The needles show a twisting noose of magical thorns around their necks, rising up and back to the great ethereal tree  growing from the pit. Others, moving slowly  towards the landslide, are less human. Tiny black saplings have sprouted from the shoulders, necks, or heads, in some cases completely replacing their heads. Branches are sprouting from their arms  and legs, waving slowly of their own accord with no care for what their host desires.  Closer to the pit are even worse things. Maybe human, once, but now little more than shreds of flesh and clothing on twisted thorny behemoths.

Between the darkened alleyway they're crouching in now and the pit is nothing but bare stone and a few scattered buildings. They'd have to run at least 20 or 30 feet between structures in the open before they got to cover again.  They're considering this prospect when all the sound suddenly cuts back in with a screech. They are suddenly deafened by shouts, screams, the rapid "BRRRRRRRRRR" of whatever Sharpe is doing and the detonations that result from it. The singing is still restrained by Grey's magic for the moment though.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 19, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »

((Aaron looks a Sunny, and thinks the Narrator really can't seem to keep his friend straight.))  :D

"It looks like the others went toward the center of the crater. We probably want to keep close to them."
Aaron attempts to stealthily make his way toward where he saw Hugh heading. If something that looks human attacks him, he attempts to use non-lethal force. Otherwise he stabs it with his needle. He doesn't use his knife unless he has to to save his life.

((I'm going to be out of town for a bit more than a week, so until I get back, the above action, plus Aaron attempts to stay with the closest Homunculus. will be my repeating orders for my character.))

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1480 on: February 19, 2022, 04:02:28 pm »

(Sunny stares OP in the eye and says "It's HE, HE is kawaii! HE HE HE!")

"Worry not friend, the sheer power of good vibes is on our side." Sunny pats Aaron on the shoulder keeping close to him, while watching out for non-friends who might seek to disrupt the good vibes. If any hostiles approach Sunny will kill them with kindness.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 06:11:33 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 19, 2022, 05:20:19 pm »

Stay still, focus on my breathing, stay calm, slow my heartbeat, don't do anything that might make things worse. Just wait, listen, and hope that the rest of us are doing better than I am.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 05:26:58 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 19, 2022, 06:33:34 pm »

"We have confirmation that the entity springing from inside that pit is what is capturing the villagers. See if you guys can't cover me somehow. I'm going to run for it. But that thing will probably see me in this open space."

Run for the cover nearest the excavation's edge. If any creatures attack me, dodge any humans, stab any who are not (with my needle) and keep the murderlance at the ready to counter the skythorn tree's attacks. Spend a fate point on this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 20, 2022, 04:55:06 am »

"I guess I could throw some stuff at them."
Grab some bricks and ask them to hit the hostile people then throw the bricks at them, while staying in the alleyway.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 21, 2022, 12:12:53 am »

"Good luck."

Grey takes out his rifle and shoots any creatures that take notice of Genesis's dash for cover, distracting anything that isn't harmed much by the bullets. He spends 1 fate point on combating the force attempting to destroy his spell as well.

If Genesis makes it to the other side Grey teleports forwards to him and relinks his needle.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 116