Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Solar Graveyard - Starlight  (Read 21318 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Graveyard - Starlight
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2021, 04:44:27 am »

"Work your way up.." Suzy responds, in confusion.

Timo chirps in. "Means he wants subordinates, to manage people, to be in charge."

"Oh!  Well, that makes sense!  I mean.. yeah?  We need crew, and it only makes sense for you to be in charge.

..it's just that the contract doesn't let us work together.  Nobody but you can give orders.  The contract lasts forever.."

..she reads further..

"Does this say you can just take anything I give them?"

"Yeah, looks that way." Timo says.  "And, I think it also says we can't ask them to do any fighting.  I think we might want some of them to man weapons or to do bodyguarding."

"Yeah, Steve.  We're going to be working together.  You should list all of us as being able to issue orders.  And there should be a time limit on it.  This stuff about not making arrangements or acting on our behalf.. what if I want to send someone out to buy something while I'm busy?  Or if we want someone to fight with us?  This contract needs some work."

"You are going to be someone, though.  You're picking who we hire, how many people we hire, and what they'll be doing most of the time.  It's just that we're working together on this, so there's no sense in making that so difficult."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:49:27 am by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2021, 07:55:35 am »

Lucca frowns. “The audacity! I may have been friendly because we would be working together, But you are a lesser lifeform! Why, I ought to kill you where you stand!

(You are talking to a guy who’s entire culture revolves around them being gods and you offered him a contract that very clearly states he would be lesser in status to what he views as a hairless monkey.  :-\)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2021, 09:26:13 am »

"Kill him?  For..  writing a bad contract?"

(Btw, Knight, still need to talk to turn over Varisdel's sample, and to negotiate getting a sample from Suzy.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:04:58 am by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2021, 02:31:19 pm »

"Kill him?  For..  writing a bad contract?"

(Btw, Knight, still need to talk to turn over Varisdel's sample, and to negotiate getting a sample from Suzy.)

(Gotcha)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2021, 02:56:20 pm »

"Work your way up.." Suzy responds, in confusion.

Timo chirps in. "Means he wants subordinates, to manage people, to be in charge."

"Oh!  Well, that makes sense!  I mean.. yeah?  We need crew, and it only makes sense for you to be in charge.

..it's just that the contract doesn't let us work together.  Nobody but you can give orders.  The contract lasts forever.."

..she reads further..

"Does this say you can just take anything I give them?"

"Yeah, looks that way." Timo says.  "And, I think it also says we can't ask them to do any fighting.  I think we might want some of them to man weapons or to do bodyguarding."

"Yeah, Steve.  We're going to be working together.  You should list all of us as being able to issue orders.  And there should be a time limit on it.  This stuff about not making arrangements or acting on our behalf.. what if I want to send someone out to buy something while I'm busy?  Or if we want someone to fight with us?  This contract needs some work."

"You are going to be someone, though.  You're picking who we hire, how many people we hire, and what they'll be doing most of the time.  It's just that we're working together on this, so there's no sense in making that so difficult."

Steve sighs deeply "Fine! Fine! You guys and your nepotism win, its clear now that any further argument will most likely cause casualties and I do not wish to be one of them so you win but the Foss is mine and mine to alone to manage alrighty? Now give me some time to rewrite their contracts."

Lucca frowns. “The audacity! I may have been friendly because we would be working together, But you are a lesser lifeform! Why, I ought to kill you where you stand!

(You are talking to a guy who’s entire culture revolves around them being gods and you offered him a contract that very clearly states he would be lesser in status to what he views as a hairless monkey.  :-\)
I'm sorry but when did you show up? If you wish to "kill me" your going to have to wait until we get back to the ship now is NOT the time.

Steve spends about two minutes rewriting the contracts."Alrighty here are the revised contracts as you can tell they are much more "agreeable" then the last ones I hope this leaves you all satisfied and I can go back to talking to m- our contractors. Also went ahead and added your guys names to the contract if for whatever reason you wish to not be considered a client please inform me and I shall remove you from the client list as soon as possible."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:37:20 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2021, 06:03:01 pm »

"Nepotism..

..I didn't get this job because I'm related to someone.  I got this job because I can shoot lasers from my hands!"

Anyway, that looks fine.  Sign up whoever you want.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2021, 06:14:57 pm »

"Hey nepotism covers more than just blood relations you know. Anyway glad we got this figured out if you excuse me baring any further... predicaments, I'm going to head back to show the contractors the revised contracts see you around." Steve heads back to the contractors

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2021, 06:49:34 pm »

(Here you go, Knightwing64)

"So.. Lucca, here's what I was thinking."

Once again, Timo's doing the talking.

"Can you create an animal?  Say a fish in a fish tank?  And then we'll just examine it magically and make sure magic's compatable with your psionics."

Then, if it is, we'll give you a sample of Suzy's blood.  If it's kept cool, it shouldn't catch fire.  We'll then make some kinda deal where you get to use it for a couple projects in exchange for you making a couple proposals for changing Suzy.  You'd get to play with the sample, and, if we like your proposals, at some point you make those changes.  If we don't like them, you don't have to do anything.

As for me, I'm not actually an animal, so I don't think you can tweak me."

Suzy then adds something.

"I still think you just want a fish because you're a cat, Timo."

At that, Timo's tail begins wagging significantly harder.

"What makes you say that?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2021, 08:46:01 pm »

(Here you go, Knightwing64)

"So.. Lucca, here's what I was thinking."

Once again, Timo's doing the talking.

"Can you create an animal?  Say a fish in a fish tank?  And then we'll just examine it magically and make sure magic's compatable with your psionics."

Then, if it is, we'll give you a sample of Suzy's blood.  If it's kept cool, it shouldn't catch fire.  We'll then make some kinda deal where you get to use it for a couple projects in exchange for you making a couple proposals for changing Suzy.  You'd get to play with the sample, and, if we like your proposals, at some point you make those changes.  If we don't like them, you don't have to do anything.

As for me, I'm not actually an animal, so I don't think you can tweak me."

Suzy then adds something.

"I still think you just want a fish because you're a cat, Timo."

At that, Timo's tail begins wagging significantly harder.

"What makes you say that?"

Kinda? I can’t just create something out of nothing, But if you give me a piece of meat or something similar I could mess around with it and make a fish. And I see no reason why it wouldn’t be compatible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2021, 09:00:15 pm »

"Oh, I thought you had animal samples in storage.  A fungus or something might work, but a live animal.. any kind of lie animal, and I'd be certain.  As for why not.. well, magic is weird.  I'm pretty sure it'd work, but I just want to be sure.  Suzy's important to me, and there's no such thing as being too careful."

"As for why.. well.. I think genetically speaking, Suzy is a normal human.  But Suzy can do things no normal human can do, and I know magic is related to life, to living creatures.  Your skills are related to genetics, life, and living creatures.  And, well, there's only one Suzy, so lets be sure."

"I do have something for you right now, actually."

Hand over Varisdel's sample, the sliver of green skin.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:14:16 am by Devastator »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2021, 05:59:49 am »

"Oh, I thought you had animal samples in storage.  A fungus or something might work, but a live animal.. any kind of lie animal, and I'd be certain.  As for why not.. well, magic is weird.  I'm pretty sure it'd work, but I just want to be sure.  Suzy's important to me, and there's no such thing as being too careful."

"As for why.. well.. I think genetically speaking, Suzy is a normal human.  But Suzy can do things no normal human can do, and I know magic is related to life, to living creatures.  Your skills are related to genetics, life, and living creatures.  And, well, there's only one Suzy, so lets be sure."

"I do have something for you right now, actually."

Hand over Varisdel's sample, the sliver of green skin.

Thanks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2021, 07:29:06 pm »

"Please everyone there is no need to buy me drinks, your enthusiasm has already won me over! I never seen people filled with such passion in wanting to work for me before! So... out of the kindness of my heart, give me some time to write up some paperwork for you to sign and soon all of you shall be considered official employees of Voidship Enterprises™!!"

Three minutes later "Alrighty everyone here are your contracts as you can see it comes with some great benefits and our health care is top of the class able to fix/prevent even the most grievous of injuries and ailments, possibly even paralyses!" Steve hands out the contracts "Once signed you can consider yourself a official Employee and given a one way ticket off this rock! Steve chuckles "Again I really appreciate your enthusiasm and shall start assigning jobs for you as soon as possible but for now lets all cheer for Voidship Enterprises and success where doubters thought you would fail huzzah!

Wait for them to sign the contracts then spend some time giving handshakes and celebrating head back to the ship and show them around once that is all over assuming nothing goes wrong.

You draw up the new agreements, including the revised contract, and welcome all five of your new employees to the company. After a round of what passes for champagne around here and a bit more backslapping, the six of you head back to the ship. You give them the grand tour, with the expected gasps of suprise at the Xelqu heart engine, oohs and aahs at the strangely beautiful waste processing garden, and screams of horror at the sight of the skinless Titan imprisoned in the hold. (Where did the talking sword get that thing?)

The next issue is probably accommodation. You could set up a few sleeping mats in an empty storage room, which would probably do for now, but they might want individual rooms to store their meagre possessions. Naturally, they're not complaining about anything at the moment, just waiting for you to assign them duties.

Varisdel:

Sure.  I can change one bar at a time.. I've got the hang of it, but it's very exhausting.  Can I keep the other two?

In the bar, Suzy speaks up.

"Yeah, Steve, the Stride Blade's right.  You should list the rest of us officers as being able to give orders.  And there should be a time limit on the contract.. like a year, maybe?"

Catch some unintelligent animal to be made over by Lucca.  If I have time, upgrade the next bar of Obdurite.

The ship now has two new residents, both some kind of desert hare: a swift, long-eared rodent with long legs and a tendency to squirm out of one's grip. Fine, Lucca can probably locate them psionically.

You manage to upgrade another bar of Obdurite to pure adamantine, but that's probably all the transformation you can do without resting for the night.

As things stand, you are waiting for Suzy to upgrade several bars of Obdurite to adamantine, so Varisdel can buy some weaponry for the ship. This will take another day or so, so everyone else might want to find something to do in the meantime.

Assigning the new crew their duties, making a profit working in the settlement, tinkering with personal projects, exploring the rest of the planet using the ship or the landing pods... there are many possibilities.

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventories, etc (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2021, 07:48:06 pm »

"Okay, I got this floppy-ears thing for you.  Can you do your thing to it, Lucca?"  Says Suzy, squirming rabbit in arms.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2021, 08:41:32 pm »

"Alrighty now that we got the tour over with and you all seen all there is to see lets move on to job designations shall we?"

"Foss your both strong, composed, and I can tell just from looking you a real reliable guy making you perfect for being my personal bodyguard! You shall accompany me on any missions I should partake to the outside world and protect me from any harm that may come my way as well as help me enforce contracts when need be. As a bonus for partaking in a notably more dangerous undertaking then your coworkers I shall grant you access to a decent portion of any "loot" we may stumble upon during our adventures together doesn't that sound great!"

"Next up the hardworking and mechanically savvy twins Tara and Kate! You two shall be in charge of making sure our engine is in tip top shape as well as participating in any potential construction and or ship modifications suggested by me or my... associates feel free to make your own suggestions as well if you think something on the ship can be improved upon your the experts after all!"

"Next we got Gustav the adventure off to see the stars once more! You shall be in charge of manning the bridge keeping look out for any threats on the horizon as well as piloting the ship should our other potential pilots be decommissioned in some way. Also as far as your legs go between you and me go ask Lucca our resident floating squid and genetic engineering expert for help and I'm certain you'll be up and walking again in no time!"

"Finally we got the optimistic and always willing to land a hand Jack Sterling! You shall be in charge of the overall calming and low maintenance job of manning our garden this includes growing food for the ship as well as clearing up any blockages in the pipes should they occur. I'm sure you'll grow to enjoy it if you don't right out the gate."

"Anyway that is all your jobs for the foreseeable future ill give you guys the day off in order to get situated to your new careers although feel free to help me in creating your soon to be living quarters every hand helps after all and I'm sure if we all work together we can make bedrooms you people will be happy to sleep in.

Assigns the jobs then work on converting the extra storage room into a proper living quarters the new hires are free to help if they wish.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2021, 08:45:44 pm »

"Okay, I got this floppy-ears thing for you.  Can you do your thing to it, Lucca?"  Says Suzy, squirming rabbit in arms.
(They wiggled out of your grip and are currently lost around the ship somewhere probably have to do a action to find them first)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12