Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94403 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Night 1): Six In The Dark (6/7)
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2021, 01:21:24 am »

When you left after Metruption's democratic yet violent removal, there were six of you. To your horror, now there are only five, it seems.

ToonyMan's body is discovered, dead of gunshots, lying on the floor of his room. There's no sign of who killed him, but that's to be expected.

But all the evidence you can gather suggests that ToonyMan was Town. Or in other words, working with you all - not with the moles.

His medical equipment is useless without deft hands to use it.

Even-Night Doctor (town):
(Night) Protect [target]: You use your medical expertise and protect your target player from kill actions this Night.
(Auto) Even-Night: Due to fatigue, you can only take Night actions during even-numbered Night phases.

The clock chimes and the feeling of your doom tightens substantially. Well, there's only one thing to do now. The trusty voting board is retrieved and readied for use.

Quote from: Votecount
Roden (0):
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (5): Roden, TricMagic, EuchreJack, NJW2000, Vector
3 to hammer.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 1 AM, Central time, Saturday (approximately 48 hours from now) - or when there's a hammer. The thread is now open, and the dead may use their bah posts - the usual rules applying.

(As usual, after death, the dead player may make one final post in the thread prior to game end (or Round end in this case) to comment upon their death - without the post containing game relevant information. They should not post further before then unless role powers come into play in a manner that allows them to do so.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 2): A Pentagon is Perceived (5/7)
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2021, 03:17:50 am »

Ngl I have no idea why Met claimed Commuter. Mass claims just don't work if you fake claim because we're trying to catch liars with that.

Also not really sure why Tric got NK'd, but a gun implies one scum + one ally I guess. Gonna vote Jack because the last minute hammer is basically a scum claim.

EuchreJack

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2021, 03:19:02 am »

Well actually let's get info first in case I'm dead wrong and someone got a guilty/inno.

Unvote

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2021, 05:12:19 am »

Met claimed commuter because they had a cop role and guessed, I suspect fairly correctly, that it could be more powerful than the mafia. This is a common enough tactic, except the normal thing is to claim bulletproof, not a stronger role, especially in lower-power games. When I asked they if they were okay with me using my action on them to confirm commuter, they were completely in favour, which made me drop that hypothesis - having a completely unspecified ability mess with your Investigate N1 isn't exactly a good thing for a cop who's played that gambit. Perhaps I should have claimed an interfering ability to be more sure... oh well.

@Roden

Ngl I have no idea why Met claimed Commuter. Mass claims just don't work if you fake claim because we're trying to catch liars with that.

Also not really sure why Tric got NK'd, but a gun implies one scum + one ally I guess. Gonna vote Jack because the last minute hammer is basically a scum claim.

Whaddya mean, Tric got NK'd?

I think it may be time for some claims, people. TricMagic: who visited you last night?

And the million dollar question:

@EuchreJack: What was your action last night?

Is there something you're not telling us?
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2021, 05:56:17 am »

Meant Toony, not Tric. Sorry, I'm tired.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2021, 07:45:31 am »

No one did.

So right now we have Toony, the Doctor. Meta the Cop. Roden the Bulletproof. Tric the Automatic Self-Voyeur(that is actually the name), and Jack the Hammerer.

NJW is here too.
I vote jack
I'm not going to be awake for day end so that's what I have to say on that. I'll be leaving my vote on Jack.
VOTE: EuchreJack
No ties

Vote Metruption

... Votes build up on Jack, Jack says no ties and votes Metaruption.

I'm going to look back at NJW's posts, but I think they were against the Roden/Meta pairing? Either way, EuchreJack's claim of not wanting to tie is more like not wanting to die. No one dying would have been a perfectly fine result.

So Jack, what did you do last night? NJW putting pressure on you either makes them the mafia and Jack the ally, or the more likely scenario of Jack being the Mafia and there being no allies.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2021, 10:08:04 am »

Hi -- I need to reread and have a lot of HW to do. I'll post later today, just announcing my presence.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2021, 06:51:14 pm »

Hi -- I need to reread and have a lot of HW to do. I'll post later today, just announcing my presence.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2021, 07:25:07 pm »

Well, the game certainly isn't going to advance until Jack's claimed.

I need him to answer the question, so I know what everyone's claims about what happened in the night are. I guess we can reread the thread again, but right now I think we're all just waiting.

@FallacyofUrist: if two out of five players couldn't play for 24 of the 48 hours, would you consider an extension?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2021, 07:57:39 pm »

@FallacyofUrist: if two out of five players couldn't play for 24 of the 48 hours, would you consider an extension?
I'd be willing to consider it if it was needed. I just don't want to extend indefinitely, but adding an extra day to compensate for someone not having the time to play would be reasonable enough.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2021, 04:36:24 am »

No one dying would have been a perfectly fine result.

Really? I was under the impression that we needed to vote someone.  There wasn't much discussion about the benefit of tie versus voting, so I assumed that we needed to vote someone.  I hate being the newbie...

I'm a Rolecop.  I targeted Roden, because I mostly hold them responsible for pushing me into casting the Hammer (as it was their vote that tied things, and I had no reason to believe that Tric would swoop in and untie it).  Probably should have just self-voted, but Met seemed suspicious.  Had Met actually claimed Cop to tank the mafia night kill, we'd be in a completely different scenario.

My attempt to Rolecop Roden failed.  Dunno what that means.

I'm ok with an extension, although I generally have more time on the weekends to "catch up", so don't necessarily need it myself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2021, 04:57:02 am »

I'm unsure if further claims help or hurt town.  A possible unknown Alien is a great tool for Town.

@Vector: Start hunting or become a policy lynch.  Even without a through read, FOS would be of some use.

FOS Roden, mainly because an Ascetic Mafia is DANGEROUS.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2021, 05:00:23 am »

Thank you Euchre. Not as enlightening as I hoped, but it's a claim.

I am a Delayer: I block my target's action, but they perform it the next night - even if dead.

I delayed Vector, which I assume she will confirm at some point.

Right. This should let us get some kind of picture of the night. Need to get going now, but I'll be back.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2021, 08:40:45 am »

I hate being the newbie...
Jack, you very much aren't a newbie now.

I'm a Rolecop.  I targeted Roden, because I mostly hold them responsible for pushing me into casting the Hammer (as it was their vote that tied things, and I had no reason to believe that Tric would swoop in and untie it).  Probably should have just self-voted, but Met seemed suspicious.  Had Met actually claimed Cop to tank the mafia night kill, we'd be in a completely different scenario.

My attempt to Rolecop Roden failed.  Dunno what that means.

I'm ok with an extension, although I generally have more time on the weekends to "catch up", so don't necessarily need it myself.

NJW Delayed Vector. If true, Vector didn't do the kill. I had no-one target me last night either. Despite the fact I told people to do so, if you had, you wouldn't be in this position. Meta was a cop, and Toony our doctor. Since the commutter doesn't exist, that gives a high chance of Roden being Bulletproof. Though likely a 1-shot as well.

This setup makes the possible mafia Jack, NJW/Vector Ally, or Roden. But you've turned on Roden without looking at other possibilities. You can't kill him, so he needs to go.

I'm unsure if further claims help or hurt town.  A possible unknown Alien is a great tool for Town.

@Vector: Start hunting or become a policy lynch.  Even without a through read, FOS would be of some use.

FOS Roden, mainly because an Ascetic Mafia is DANGEROUS.
Also, how do you go from not knowing what it means to claiming they are Ascetic. Not to mention that role is BASTARD in this setup with multiple confirming roles if we take it you're a rolecop on top of a cop, delayer, doctor, and self-vouyer. Vector can reveal his role and put your lies to bed EuchreJack

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2021, 10:21:45 am »

Well, I can understand being suspected, Tric, but the rest not so much.

How can you say I'm not a newbie? I competed in the last Newbie game, and mangled the whole thing, costing us the game.  I think I have newbie cred.

Why should I investigate your role, Tric?  I didn't suspect you yesterday, but I had Roden in the null range.

Also "turn on Roden?"  So far, I just put a FOS on Roden due to the results that I got.

Frankly, Tric, you should be accusing me of not scumhunting rather than hunting Roden, with how "soft" I've been regarding Roden.

Why the big hurry to push the lynch on me Tric?  Don't you want to know more information?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 153