Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93496 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2021, 03:33:52 pm »

Fair point. I can't really tell you who to shoot but I at least heavily recommend against shooting Jack, their tone has been fairly town.
I agree.

And I doubt scum would have a day kill so it would essentially confirm you as town if you did shoot someone.
Exactly. Another reason I felt like claiming since it removes a player from the D1 lynch pool. Or at least, if we start seeing people die during the night. If the mafia feel like framing me by not killing at night then be my guest.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2021, 03:35:19 pm »

Actually Vector and Tric could be distancing. I was about to say their interactions weren't scum vs scum but Day 1 distancing is really easy to do, especially since no one usually feels like they have to commit to have a vote.
Quite interesting that you should say that, since I was just thinking the same thing about you and NJW.  But I appreciate the info, it should help suss out your alignment once the bodies start to fall.

Suggested Daykill for Toonyman: NJW2000

@NJW2000: Your one-and-only post was a while ago, has your position changed in any way?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2021, 03:36:12 pm »

But...how do we know that Toonyman's daykill is Town-aligned?  Maybe FOU gave the mafia a daykill?
Ah, I miss these absurd reasonings. You're either town!Jack or playing mafia well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 07, 2021, 03:38:25 pm »

Actually Vector and Tric could be distancing. I was about to say their interactions weren't scum vs scum but Day 1 distancing is really easy to do, especially since no one usually feels like they have to commit to have a vote.
Possibly.

I'm currently eyeing NJW and Met since suspecting low posters worked so well last round.

@FallacyofUrist: Pokey Met sometime please?
Also, should Met be town and not post, we'd have to consider policy lynching Met instead of more interesting suspects.  Not opposed to the extension.
I'll prod them. If they show up, no problem. If they don't show up by day end, I'll replace them with someone - I already have someone lined up for the position. (And then I'll do a 24 hour extension for the sake of the replacement.)
Gee I wonder who that could be.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2021, 04:02:40 pm »

I like the idea of using a daykill as a lynch, i.e. communally deciding the target. We might have more information to help us with it tomorrow, but if we're planning to use it then then that's a bit premature.

People also need to calm down a bit with the floods of posts - about fifteen new replies came in while I was writing this. Asking the mod to poke someone less than 1/4 of the way through a day is a bit too keen, in my opinion.

I'll vote NJW for going at Roden again, I think he might be doing this to look natural.

Do you think you're voting Roden for legitimate new reasons or are you not reflecting on what transpired in Round 1 with your feelings towards Roden? Remember that you even wanted Roden over Met on D1.
I think I voted Roden for good reasons, yes. He did answer my question and explain the reasoning behind his strategy, but my vote is going to stay on him for now.

If you think I might be mafia repeating my past behaviour to look like town, why are you asking me to reflect on my thought processes?

Today isn't really cohering into a narrative so much as an endless jumble of one-line posts for me right now, so I'm going to go through it player by player and give a reads list.

Spoiler: reads (click to show/hide)

I'm currently eyeing NJW and Met since suspecting low posters worked so well last round.
Now this is genuinely mystifying. There are over twenty hours left in the day, and FoU specifically said there was a replacement and an extension available if Met didn't show. I've always seen you as someone capable of basic reading comprehension, but apparently the dopamine buzz of constant back-and-forth interferes with those faculties.

@TricMagic: Answer my question here. I still want to know why you made that post.
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2021, 04:15:52 pm »

I definitely do want to make a no lynch happen today, that's part of the strat. I think it would be scummy if I suggested it but then weakly pushed for it IMO, since it would be clear I didn't really believe in what I was saying. However things do change with the possibility of a day kill. We should mass claim before the shot so we don't kill the Cop or Doc.

Since Tric and Toony have essentially full claimed, I will too. I'm a Tracker, and I am gated, but I won't say how so that a potential Roleblocker has to guess on whether or not I can even do anything tonight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2021, 04:17:53 pm »

To note, the info did come in handy towards the end of the game. But falseclaiming is not something town should do in the first place. Given that's kinda what we use to pick out scum.

I asked that to check more than anything else, and maybe pick up some info for later on.

... I did answer it. And I don't particularly like the fact.. You say it's early in the day, why post a readlist that is so volatile? Particularly your read on toonyman. I'm with jack on this one. Suggested Daykill for Toonyman: NJW2000

Nin. Guess it's roleclaims. Why? Has a headache.

Right, I blame Vector for this. I'll work with it though.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2021, 04:39:35 pm »

To note, the info did come in handy towards the end of the game. But falseclaiming is not something town should do in the first place. Given that's kinda what we use to pick out scum.

I asked that to check more than anything else, and maybe pick up some info for later on.

... I did answer it.
I see. If you're replying to a question, please give some kind of indication of who you're talking to in the future.

This doesn't do anything to explain why you asked "who're your scumpicks" as the second post of the game. What did you want to check? Why did you need to check whether Jack had scumpicks when nobody but the two of you had posted?

You say it's early in the day, why post a readlist that is so volatile? Particularly your read on toonyman.
This just seems weak. People have given me a fair bit of content to work with; enough for a readslist. Baiting me on timings is genuinely a little irritating. Just because other people have the free time and inclination to post literally dozens of times in as many hours doesn't mean I'm going to.

I have no idea why you think my readslist is volatile. If you've just picked out the read on Toonyman, I make it pretty clear that I don't expect him to back out of the daykill, so don't see that read as volatile at all. Perhaps you could read other people's posts as closely as you expect them to read your own.
One wheel short of a wagon

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2021, 04:52:20 pm »

Wait, why are there many rounds?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2021, 04:53:44 pm »

NJW:
If you think I might be mafia repeating my past behaviour to look like town, why are you asking me to reflect on my thought processes?
Because I think you're wrong about Roden, again. I'm trying to determine if this is intentional or not.

Now this is genuinely mystifying. There are over twenty hours left in the day, and FoU specifically said there was a replacement and an extension available if Met didn't show. I've always seen you as someone capable of basic reading comprehension, but apparently the dopamine buzz of constant back-and-forth interferes with those faculties.
I was bored at work and nobody was posting.

Perhaps you could read other people's posts as closely as you expect them to read your own.
Welcome to Tric.

@Roden:
I definitely do want to make a no lynch happen today, that's part of the strat. I think it would be scummy if I suggested it but then weakly pushed for it IMO, since it would be clear I didn't really believe in what I was saying. However things do change with the possibility of a day kill. We should mass claim before the shot so we don't kill the Cop or Doc.
True enough. I'd feel bad if I killed a cop or doc.

Since Tric and Toony have essentially full claimed, I will too. I'm a Tracker, and I am gated, but I won't say how so that a potential Roleblocker has to guess on whether or not I can even do anything tonight.
Sounds good, I believe this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2021, 04:54:02 pm »

haha

hahahahahaha

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2021, 05:01:06 pm »

@Jack and Tric:
What is this bullshit? You're telling me to kill a man and you color it brown?

And Tric, why did you color it the same as Jack?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2021, 05:23:15 pm »

@Jack and Tric:
What is this bullshit? You're telling me to kill a man and you color it brown?

And Tric, why did you color it the same as Jack?

Ouch, didn't even think of that.  I just picked a color.  Yeah, poor choice on my part.

I commend Tric for being consistent, although we should pick another color.  I like the idea that it is color-coded though. You can certainly suggest the color, or ignore us.

Unsure if NJW2000 is generally behind the eight-ball or mafia, so Suggested Daykill remains.

Welcome to the party, Met.  I figured you'd show up when I saw you joining another mafia game.
Yeah, this is actually a Mafia Tournament, not a single mafia game.  Let us know when you've caught up a bit. 
If you think you need an extension, let FallacyofUrist know.
@Toonyman: Don't shoot Met, please.  At least not for "a while".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2021, 05:33:03 pm »

Ouch, didn't even think of that.  I just picked a color.  Yeah, poor choice on my part.
Oh...hah, that's not even what I meant it's just hard to read with my forum layout.

I commend Tric for being consistent, although we should pick another color.  I like the idea that it is color-coded though. You can certainly suggest the color, or ignore us.
Unsure if NJW2000 is generally behind the eight-ball or mafia, so Suggested Daykill remains.
You could just bold it. I think your reasoning for me to kill NJW is weak, same for Tric.

@Toonyman: Don't shoot Met, please.  At least not for "a while".
But it's okay to shoot NJW?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2021, 05:34:04 pm »

Like this?

And consistency with Jack, yeah. And yes, there are multiple rounds going on in hopes of kickstarting the forum. Or at least getting our mafia fix.

I'm wondering about the awhile bit myself. Jack, who do you want to die? Or would you be happy with anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 153