Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93191 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2021, 03:59:45 pm »

Yeah, I was posting from phone in the last part of D1, didn't have a firm grip on what was going on. Wasn't a huge fan of voting anyone in the chaos, esp. not before I was sure of Toony's conditions for not daykilling me. Assumed Jack would lynch Met in my mostly-absence, he didn't quite manage it.

Claim: I Watched ToonyMan. He was visited by TricMagic and EuchreJack.

Possibly there would have been an advantage from holding some of that back, maybe claiming watcher instead, but eh, I think I'd have had to lie about my role or something and I don't like that kind of gambit.

Hey, with Euchre's protect claim that probably means something, right? Kinda busy downloading research papers from dodgy arabic websites right now, but will try to follow events.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2021, 04:03:49 pm »

Oh man.

I can confirm somebody targeted me last night since I was targeted by a quite bad negative effect that will persist until the game is over.

The thing is, what I was hit by is not accounted for in Tric or Jack's role claim. Which means one of them is lying about their role.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2021, 04:12:33 pm »

NJW2000, would you mind speaking to what you did last night?

Of Metruption, Roden, and EJ, who do you presently think is most likely to be scum based on EoD?

Toony, thoughts?

Why is Met pretty town to you?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2021, 04:20:33 pm »

Of Metruption, Roden, and EJ, who do you presently think is most likely to be scum based on EoD?
Sorry, should have answered this earlier, impolite of me.

Only Euchre was really present at end of day, right? Jack lunging to make the kill happen was exactly what he did as scum last game, but he could have genuinely suspected Met. As I've said, Met was basically anti-town, not sure I'd assign scum yet though. And yeah, I assume Roden wasn't lying about being asleep, but I still think Roden/Jack is a pretty plausible team. Hard to decide between Jack or Roden, but Roden does gutread a bit worse to me.

Anyhow, we now have claims and mechanical information, so... any particular reason for this specific question?

Oh man.

I can confirm somebody targeted me last night since I was targeted by a quite bad negative effect that will persist until the game is over.

The thing is, what I was hit by is not accounted for in Tric or Jack's role claim. Which means one of them is lying about their role.
Weird that you didn't consider the possibility that I'm lying, especially as in this post from two minutes ago you say you've narrowed it down to three possible scumteams, two of them containing me and the other containing neither Tric nor Jack. So... as far as I understood town!Toony's state of mind five minutes ago, that interpretation should have been your go-to.

There is of course the fourth possibility, which is that YOU are lying. Why the sudden shift in beliefs, Toony?

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 10, 2021, 04:23:42 pm »

Well that looks bad for me.

So fun fact. I kinda lied about my power, but thought Redirect could be used that way. Fal kindly informed me that it very much wasn't possible, so I targeted Toony and redirected him to Jack.

Also, I got hit by the Lover effect last night. Which means that Jack's ability isn't what he claims, since it's Toonyman I'm lover's with. Which if he was jailed, shouldn't have happened. I guess I'd be hit by it, but not Toony.

As for the end of day, I thought I had a few more hours. This is the first time in forever a day has ended while the sun was still up for me. So I was still pressuring.

Nin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2021, 04:31:57 pm »

There is of course the fourth possibility, which is that YOU are lying. Why the sudden shift in beliefs, Toony?
Sorry, but I don't think you're lying NJW.

Tric and Jack (or another party who could have targeted me) could easily disprove your claim. It would be insane to guess.

Also, I got hit by the Lover effect last night. Which means that Jack's ability isn't what he claims, since it's Toonyman I'm lover's with. Which if he was jailed, shouldn't have happened. I guess I'd be hit by it, but not Toony.
Being jailkeep'd wouldn't have stopped that Tric.

Dude you're lying your ass off. Why would town!Tric admit he was lovers with me? A town player should never admit they are lovers like you just have.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2021, 04:37:10 pm »

Once people come in and we get a full picture of what went down I'm poisoning Tric and we can decide on who the other mafia is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2021, 04:40:35 pm »

? Doesn't Jailing protect from that? I'd assumed it would block every action made.

As well I'd think you could make more use of... I don't understand why?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 10, 2021, 04:45:25 pm »

? Doesn't Jailing protect from that? I'd assumed it would block every action made.

As well I'd think you could make more use of... I don't understand why?
Jailkeeping protects from kills and blocks players from doing anything as far as I can tell. I don't believe it stops other things from happening to someone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2021, 04:48:21 pm »

In the first place, why target me and you?

... Right, apparently no guarantee of you being town. Which is annoying, I'd have liked to put the Toony/Jack team out of my head, but seems that's still possible. Least you won't survive once I flip town, and we'd know jack is scum.

If Jailing exists, but has no kill to protect against, then Lovers and Poison become a fairly potent combo for a scum team. I don't think we'll find any inconsistency with reports then. Jack applied Lovers to you...

Wait, that doesn't make any sense either. Ugh.. But if there isn't a kill, Jack is a roleblocker. So who would his partner..

Jack, why did you vote Met after the time ran out? Typing his name twice too.

...Not Jack/Met from that. Then NJW?

Nin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2021, 04:48:50 pm »

Jack jailkeeping me makes perfect sense, as I have a daykill which means:

1. I'm a threat to mafia and they could possibly try to kill me
2. I have no night action anyway

If Tric is legit the most likely scenario here is that mafia really are Jack/Roden and they're framing me for the kill and made Tric lovers with me to nab a double kill the next day. Which just explodes my mind.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2021, 04:49:47 pm »

I'll let Tric finish trying to explain himself, but I'm a jailer and I used my ability on Toonyman.

It made sense: I townread Toonyman, so I protected him.  I wanted to see what other players did with their roles, such as NJW (whom I'm now slightly townreading until I can determine if I can totally townread), and thus Toonyman was the smart pick since his ability would be unaffected by the roleblocking.

There are presumably more town minor power roles than mafia power roles, because everyone has something and there are more town than mafia.

What I'm surprised about is that I am alive and unaffected (as far as I know) by anything.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #432 on: October 10, 2021, 04:54:07 pm »

MetMet

Proof I'm mostly unavailable

Let me explain this post.

I wanted to vote Met to get the lynch, since I was thinking about the game and felt someone scumslipped.  So I looked over the posts, and it was Met that made the post.  Tric's jumping onto me to tie and keep Met alive was highly suspicious, so I wanted to vote.  But I was on my cell phone, and I couldn't easily color the vote red.  That proves I was "mostly unavailable", since I was using a phone while interacting with other, and that delay cost the vote.

Personally, I think Tric is either mafia with Met or Tric is Mafia-ally that thinks Met is mafia.  Only one way to be sure...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 10, 2021, 04:55:29 pm »

... Right, apparently no guarantee of you being town. Which is annoying, I'd have liked to put the Toony/Jack team out of my head, but seems that's still possible. Least you won't survive once I flip town, and we'd know jack is scum.
I admire your commitment at least.

How about this, if you're really town then Jack is like 99% mafia. I will poison you today just in case and we vote off Jack today. At least one of you is mafia so town should still be able to win. Sound good?

What I'm surprised about is that I am alive and unaffected (as far as I know) by anything.
I 100% expected myself, you, or Roden to die last night.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #434 on: October 10, 2021, 04:56:14 pm »

I think mechanically there is going to be a lot of death in this setup. Maybe even as little as one scum. My ability should allow me to be confirmable as town by a tracker during n2.

Now that is a scumslip. Full claim now

What I thought was a scumslip, that caused Tric to immediately vote me because apparently taking a couple minutes away from a family engagement because I was thinking about the game is a good reason to lynch someone.  It was a ploy to not vote Met, the question is why.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 153