Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94524 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2021, 05:01:04 pm »

What I'm surprised about is that I am alive and unaffected (as far as I know) by anything.
I 100% expected myself, you, or Roden to die last night.

I was quite surprised not to be dead.  I thought it was blatantly obvious that I was going to protect you, as I wanted Roden to use his tracker, wanted you alive, and your ability wasn't going to be hindered by my ability.

Also, its better to lynch TricMagic on Day 2.  I see no reason that I would be changing this vote.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2021, 05:05:09 pm »

Claim: I Watched ToonyMan. He was visited by TricMagic and EuchreJack.[/i]

If you are telling the truth, you need to decide between me and TricMagic.  We're not both telling the truth.

Tricmagic is clearing lying about his role.  Other failings I await your shrewd analysis.

My power, motivation, and mechanics are all consistent with my D1.  Are seriously scumreading me just because I post too much?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2021, 05:12:17 pm »

Yeah, no. We're not lynching Tric with the vote today. Tric FOR SOME REASON admitted we were made lovers with each other last night, which means we die together now. As you can plainly see this would be an absolute joke if me and Tric were both mafia. I'll take down Tric myself with my poison. One of you two is mafia and I have no reason to remove either of you from suspicion now.

I'll use my poison on Tric today and then we have to hit mafia today with the lynch. There's at least one mafia inside Tric/Jack so when all three of us go down today we'll be down to 4 players but there will be only one mafia left.

My power, motivation, and mechanics are all consistent with my D1.  Are seriously scumreading me just because I post too much?
This reeks of mafia smugness. Why so eager to kill Met yesterday?

I was frozen in place after Tric tied the votes, unable to vote between Tric (who gave me the gun in the first place) and NJW to kill.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2021, 05:27:24 pm »

Ok, Toonyman, just a reminder that this only like my 4th mafia game, and you've been playing for 10 years.  I had no FUCKING clue what lovers even meant until I looked it up, and didn't realize it could work like that upon my cursory reading.
Yeah, no. We're not lynching Tric with the vote today. Tric FOR SOME REASON admitted we were made lovers with each other last night, which means we die together now. As you can plainly see this would be an absolute joke if me and Tric were both mafia. I'll take down Tric myself with my poison. One of you two is mafia and I have no reason to remove either of you from suspicion now.

I'll use my poison on Tric today and then we have to hit mafia today with the lynch. There's at least one mafia inside Tric/Jack so when all three of us go down today we'll be down to 4 players but there will be only one mafia left.

This reeks of mafia smugness. Why so eager to kill Met yesterday?

I was frozen in place after Tric tied the votes, unable to vote between Tric (who gave me the gun in the first place) and NJW to kill.
Does it even matter now? We all three die, then town can pick up the pieces.  I had a good role too.

I think mechanically there is going to be a lot of death in this setup. Maybe even as little as one scum. My ability should allow me to be confirmable as town by a tracker during n2.

Now that is a scumslip. Full claim now

What I thought was a scumslip, that caused Tric to immediately vote me because apparently taking a couple minutes away from a family engagement because I was thinking about the game is a good reason to lynch someone.  It was a ploy to not vote Met, the question is why.
Scumslip.  Voted to lynch scum. I thought that was our job?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2021, 05:29:06 pm »

@Toonyman: Why not poison me and we lynch Tric?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2021, 05:34:36 pm »

This reeks of mafia smugness.

I just want to clarify, yes it reeks of smugness. TOWN smugness. I know I'm right, I know Tric is lying, I know I'm consistent.
@NJW: I want an answer to the question, irregardless.  Why am I scum and Tric town?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2021, 06:08:09 pm »

... Right, apparently no guarantee of you being town. Which is annoying, I'd have liked to put the Toony/Jack team out of my head, but seems that's still possible. Least you won't survive once I flip town, and we'd know jack is scum.
I admire your commitment at least.

How about this, if you're really town then Jack is like 99% mafia. I will poison you today just in case and we vote off Jack today. At least one of you is mafia so town should still be able to win. Sound good?

What I'm surprised about is that I am alive and unaffected (as far as I know) by anything.
I 100% expected myself, you, or Roden to die last night.

I'm fine with this. Well, not fine since it ends with us dead, but it does reveal which of us is mafia. Slightly worried NJW is lying, but he claimed promptly.

If NJW is mafia, that means his partner... Right, I just need sleep before I actually go into this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2021, 06:08:23 pm »

UNVOTE

@TricMagic: What EXACTLY was your power? Please describe as clearly as you can (without quoting, which unfortunately in this case is illegal play)!

@Toonyman: Your plan is flawed.  There is a slight possibility that Tric had an ability to pick two players and link them as lovers, which a TOWN player could use to kill mafia. 
The reason you two are lovers is possibly due to order resolution: Tric's lover ability could be written so that it was an action by you onto a third player.  With the roleblocker, the action didn't link you to a third party, so it instead linked Tric and your.  Alternatively, other redirector.  As you are showing clearly, someone that can bind their life to another player could be a town ability, since a 1 for 1 trade benefits town.  So we could both be town, and Tric was just trying to find a way not to use his ability in his discussions Day 1.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2021, 06:10:32 pm »

This reeks of mafia smugness.

I just want to clarify, yes it reeks of smugness. TOWN smugness. I know I'm right, I know Tric is lying, I know I'm consistent.
@NJW: I want an answer to the question, irregardless.  Why am I scum and Tric town?
Eh? I explained why I read you as scum D1. Vector asked me to post reads on three players based on the end of yesterday, if this post is what you're worried about. Odd thing to ask D2, but whatever. Anyway, that's not where I am today. Today there's mechanical information, which is just so much easier to work with.

Either Toony is playing a crazy bizarre game or one of you and Tric is mafia. Right now I'm not completely sure as to which... need to reread, try and work out what happens if Toony is scum, and so on. But don't worry too much about that, it's quite likely we'll kill both you and Tric today, and I won't have to bother trying to guess who is scum.

This is all very confusing, so I'm going to get back to my other work, sleep on it, and maybe draw myself a diagram tomorrow.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2021, 06:19:06 pm »

This is all very confusing, so I'm going to get back to my other work, sleep on it, and maybe draw myself a diagram tomorrow.
This. Just this.

I thought Redirector could redirect actions onto myself. It can't. I pick a first target and a second, the first target targets the second. As Toony apparently doesn't have an ability/you telling the truth, nothing happened. Though didn't get an action failed message. No clue if that's normal if the one I targeted.. Well, given how Jailkeep works, guess I wouldn't.

Naturally no one can confirm this given Toony didn't do anything last night. So here we are. The only option we are both telling the truth is if NJW is mafia. And we kinda have to get the right person.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2021, 06:27:44 pm »

NJW2000 is town.  His claim has been verified by both TricMagic and myself, and I can't see why mafia would get a watcher.

@TricMagic: Isn't it possible that someone other than Toonyman, you, and me cast Lovers to bind two players?  You both seem surprised by the affliction, and I had to look it up.  Your redirector would fizzle both if Toonyman had no night ability or if I roleblocked Toonyman.  Your confusion Day 1 makes sense if you were a plain 1-shot redirector who wanted to redirect onto yourself and was told "NO" during the night phase.  If we're all town, then we lose!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2021, 06:35:46 pm »

If NJW is town, someone would need an ability to bypass their Watch. While that possibility exists... More likely that one of the people to visit them inflicted it.

... Not the best situation if there is a ninja around.(checks, that is the name of the role.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2021, 06:40:38 pm »

Likewise, Toony could just be able to ignore Roleblock, but he also claims to be the poisoner. Of course, if he has a mafia ally with that skill instead. But this plan still kills him, so I hope I can assume Toony is Town.

If toony is mafia and this is some crazy play, I may need a drink. Or chocolate ice-cream, either or.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2021, 06:44:05 pm »

NJW2000 is town.
Now hold up. NJW is most likely telling the truth that he watched me last night since he claimed before either you or Tric did. That isn't the same thing as 100% town.

Also I apologize but I read the Lovers status wrong. We don't both die simultaneously, the one who is still alive will die at the end of the following day.

Tric I strongly recommend in future games not to admit being lovers in case mafia wasn't the one that did that to us, although in this case it's extremely unlikely given that NJW's claim is 99% true which means either Tric or Jack is STILL lying about their night action making people lovers. Aka one of them is mafia and made me and Tric lovers.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2021, 06:47:46 pm »

TricMagic could be Town.  Tric used his redirector to switch from Toonyman to me.  Tric thought I was mafia trying to kill Toonyman (I did it last game).
This claim of Tric is supported by NJW2000's claim of seeing Tric go to Toonyman.  So both Tric and myself could have been trying to save Toonyman!

The plan of Toonyman poisoning Tric and the town lynching me is crazy, because we might all three be town, and mafia wins with 4 players 2 mafia.
And now that both Toonyman and Tric are lovers, mafia gets a Twofer, and I can tank the kill N2 (with me alive, I give the twofer on Toonyman and Tric only a 50/50 chance, since I'm obligated to keep them both alive by not picking one publicly then rolling an RNG).
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 153