Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93206 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #690 on: October 17, 2021, 02:28:21 pm »

Oh man, I missed this. You guys are just so easy. No wonder Tric never wins as Mafia.

So, Tric is probably Town because he's obviously stupid. Roden might be Town, but he'll be an absolute drag on the Town if he is, which is unfortunate. Vector is probably Mafia. ToonyMan is... Maybe Town. It wouldn't matter if he's Mafia because he won't be dying tonight regardless. Waiting on EuchreJack, but if Vector is Mafia like I think they are, then it's not EJ based on the Gambler's Fallacy, which would, in fact, leave it as either NJW2000 or Maximum Spin as the last Mafia. NJW2000 is not out of meta, so I'd be willing to leave them as neutral, and thus, it's Maximum Spin and Vector.

webadict
Wow that got screwed up.

I was going to say that I can easily verify if you're telling the truth. You can say I'm a weak player but I caught you in D6 before you subbed out, and I called out both scum in the first round one after the other. If you want to underestimate me then I'm more than with not being fear killed tonight.
Being right and being weak are not mutually exclusive. You should consider reading comprehension if you think I'm pointing out your ability to find scum as weak.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:12 pm »

See, I'm torn here. On the one hand, if I give you a crumb of what you're looking for, you'll unvote me. On the other hand, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Fuck the police!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:38 pm »

One thing to note, there really isn't a maybe with Toony unless he's playing a con game. Gunsmith cop is just out there enough to click with my role.

No.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 17, 2021, 02:42:13 pm »

My issue here is that you can't even control your own actions, and if your captain dies, you likely do as well. And your role is way too idiotic given we can use our investigation just fine. I find it more likely you'd disable us, not enable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2021, 02:46:52 pm »

My issue here is that you can't even control your own actions, and if your captain dies, you likely do as well. And your role is way too idiotic given we can use our investigation just fine. I find it more likely you'd disable us, not enable.
So, you believe I'm under control of the Captain, but

The fact you claim and then not bother to answer Roden's question doesn't help your claim.
You don't believe my claim, but

Also, we do not need enabling unless Mafia is cheating the results.
You do believe my claim.

You're so detrimental to your team that you don't even realize how detrimental to your team you are.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2021, 02:50:01 pm »

Haven't finished reading things. May double-post.
With Max likely to be the one pulling their strings. Great...
Haha, what? You are so nutbags. How can I be a captain when I am not even in this episode?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2021, 02:53:35 pm »

Good to know. This means I will get a positive result on Tric if I investigate them. I think Tric is being honest here which means they're likely town.
Oh, is that what we're doing? Then I will claim to have no gun at all. I'm clean! But that doesn't matter because you won't believe me regardless, and I'd probably claim either way as Mafia, so it's up to you to believe my outlandish claims.
Good to know. And you're right, I'll be checking you tonight. So you'll have to kill me if you're lying.
The beauty of it all is that I actually don't have to kill you if I'm lying, because you won't investigate me at all. Even when I write this, I would bet that you wouldn't waste your inspection on me. Partially because I don't believe you're actually a Gunsmith, but also partially because I think you think I'm not lying.
Agh, you got me. I know town!Web would be killed on N1 so my investigate would become useless. This means checking you is pointless!

Also true, if I were the Captain, I'd be the greatest Captain of all time. But, instead, I'm a *deep breath* Combined Activated Cop Enabler Doctor (Or, CACED, for short.) When I perform my Doctoring, I also enable Cop inspects. Which is why I'm fairly certain I'll be killed tonight, and also why I'm willing to bet at least one of the Cop claims is legit.

We'll now be able to determine if the Captain is, in fact, Mafia.
What.

Fuck the police!
*baton whack*

Tric is right. There's no mention in my role that it needs to be enabled.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2021, 02:55:23 pm »

You can say that, but the fact you are playing these games in the first place leads me to disbelief. Put simply, you claim to be controlled by a captain. You yourself say you could be lying. And you won't provide the proof Roden has. In case A where you are controlled, you're lying/truthtelling. There is no difference, simply chaos. In case b where you aren't, you are intentionally lying to not have to claim anything about your actual role, be that captain, cop, or mafia. Note that the three are not exclusive.

.... Also, that series of quotes, quite mean of you. The third is a true statement which is in direct contrast to your claim... Haa... At this point you're playing with me, which means little is gained other than... Point being, please don't play these games web, I'm not in the mood for them and am fully willing to lynch you over them.

Nin. (And one thing you are right about. I'm a horrible Mafia.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2021, 02:56:43 pm »

I agree completely with webadict which means he's probably mafia, so vote stands.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2021, 03:03:45 pm »

Stares at Max. Are you actually here now? I count this as bandwagoning, but that was your RVS vote. If not much of one.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2021, 03:10:34 pm »

I've seen set ups where Enabler modifiers for town roles were on scum teams and vice versa. I actually believe both Cop roles are town here because of that, and that Web is an Enabler.

Is he scum though? Because I'm a Jailer. Two gated invests is one thing, but two gated protective roles sounds really off.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2021, 03:19:23 pm »

You can say that, but the fact you are playing these games in the first place leads me to disbelief. Put simply, you claim to be controlled by a captain. You yourself say you could be lying. And you won't provide the proof Roden has. In case A where you are controlled, you're lying/truthtelling. There is no difference, simply chaos. In case b where you aren't, you are intentionally lying to not have to claim anything about your actual role, be that captain, cop, or mafia. Note that the three are not exclusive.

.... Also, that series of quotes, quite mean of you. The third is a true statement which is in direct contrast to your claim... Haa... At this point you're playing with me, which means little is gained other than... Point being, please don't play these games web, I'm not in the mood for them and am fully willing to lynch you over them.
If I ever stopped playing games, why would I be playing Mafia?

I've seen set ups where Enabler modifiers for town roles were on scum teams and vice versa. I actually believe both Cop roles are town here because of that, and that Web is an Enabler.

Is he scum though? Because I'm a Jailer. Two gated invests is one thing, but two gated protective roles sounds really off.
I am not scum. I'm choosing not to divulge the captain's authority because I want to look like I'm lying, and I don't necessarily want the Captain to know my role. Also, if the Captain is Town, they should know my role and can debunk me accurately.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2021, 03:25:49 pm »

Should our Captains claim then? Because they could very well be the same person.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2021, 03:34:31 pm »

Should our Captains claim then? Because they could very well be the same person.
If they're Town, I'd rather they didn't.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2021, 03:37:18 pm »

Vector
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 153