Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94438 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 1): March of the Gladiators
« Reply #795 on: October 19, 2021, 09:53:03 am »

Based on my role and what people have been claiming I believe there is a town false-positive and a mafia false-negative for my inspect. I think Tric is my town false-positive since he claimed so readily and willingly.

There are downsides with both of our inspections, however we should be able to narrow down suspects with our results combined.

Hm, I find this suspicious.  Feels like too much information. I'm starting to wonder if Toonyman might be mafia claiming gunsmith cop to justify knowing town from mafia.
Just something to think about later on, after I'm dead.
His claim came before mine here, so no. Please go ahead and protect him, cause if he ends up dead, I'm blaming you Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 19, 2021, 10:14:13 am »

Hey Maximum Spin, we have this thing called Reads Lists that let everyone see your awesome graphs of player alignment, you could even skip ahead to the connections thingy we do Day 2.  Might even select players and ask "hey which of these is most likely scum".

How many votes are on you again?
doooooooooon't care
That is not a good attitude here. Seriously, you should absolutely be finding a case or sharing info, OR show how what you're doing is useful.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 19, 2021, 01:43:57 pm »

Based on my role and what people have been claiming I believe there is a town false-positive and a mafia false-negative for my inspect. I think Tric is my town false-positive since he claimed so readily and willingly.

There are downsides with both of our inspections, however we should be able to narrow down suspects with our results combined.

Hm, I find this suspicious.  Feels like too much information. I'm starting to wonder if Toonyman might be mafia claiming gunsmith cop to justify knowing town from mafia.
We've seen in past games that the scum team will get town-sounding roles to help them blend in. If Toony is scum, I think a mafia Gunsmith would exist to find a hidden Vig. But that's just post flip game spec, just something to keep in mind for now.

I don't know the vote count and don't want to accidentally hammer, so everyone should consider my vote to spiritually be on Max. They're purposely choosing not to be helpful, and I'm not really sure what their game plan is supposed to be if they're town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 19, 2021, 01:46:18 pm »

Just make sure to actually place it on max before the day ends. Don't forget like I did last game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 19, 2021, 01:55:04 pm »

His claim came before mine here, so no. Please go ahead and protect him, cause if he ends up dead, I'm blaming you Jack.
You really don't get how my gambit works.  I say that I'm going to protect either you or Toonyman, using a RNG to choose.  Thus, you are both protected, since mafia has to risk 50% of not getting their kill in order to hit either of you.  Mafia can of course take those odds, if they wish, but its a sub-optimal play.  It would be better for them to eliminate me so I can't do the same thing tomorrow.  Or pick off someone else that they read as uber-town.

Ok Tric? Play some Ace Attorney and get your confidence back already!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 19, 2021, 01:58:07 pm »

@Maximum Spin: How many games of mafia have you played? On this forum?
Need to know if you're just Newbie Townie or impersonating a Jester.

Everyone else: Could Maximum Spin be too scummy to be scum?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2021, 03:35:48 pm »

I don't know the vote count and don't want to accidentally hammer, so everyone should consider my vote to spiritually be on Max. They're purposely choosing not to be helpful, and I'm not really sure what their game plan is supposed to be if they're town.
I'm only one person, and I am definitely trying to be helpful, moreso than at least two or three names here. But I'm not going to play stupid games to win stupid prizes, and I'm not going to change my vote if I think my vote is in the right place just because of "pressure".

@Maximum Spin: How many games of mafia have you played? On this forum?
Need to know if you're just Newbie Townie or impersonating a Jester.
In order, bunches, like 4 I think not including running one, I am not a jester or trying to pretend to be one.
Look, I know the "meta" here is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". But I don't roll like that and I'm not going to fake it. Anyone who seriously thinks that makes me look more likely to be mafia is dumb enough to deserve to lose.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2021, 03:56:50 pm »

Why do you keep making more of your own shovels?! You are literally playing a stupid game to win a stupid prize.

Why should anyone unvote you? Seriously, you are digging yourself further into suspicious territory by your actions and words not lining up. You are exerting no pressure on me, so it's not a pressure vote. You aren't asking me any questions, so it's not exploratory. You are either obtaining no useful information, or you are obtaining useful information and aren't sharing it (a stupid game). You have contributed nothing of consequence so far.

You are currently suspected by every player. What game do you think you are playing, if it isn't a stupid game? What prize are you winning, if it isn't a stupid prize?

Bowing to pressure isn't a bad thing. Sticking to your laurels isn't a bad thing. But you have no reason to stick to your actions because you have no justifications for them. Do you not understand that? If you are Town, DO SOMETHING. Otherwise, you will be executed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2021, 03:59:22 pm »

You are exerting no pressure on me, so it's not a pressure vote. You aren't asking me any questions, so it's not exploratory.
Let me make this clear. I literally do not believe in either of those things. "Pressure" isn't real, and asking dumbass questions is "playing stupid games". I am not playing any kind of game, I am voting for the person I want lynched. I want you lynched because then I will have information. That is all.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 19, 2021, 04:01:24 pm »

You are exerting no pressure on me, so it's not a pressure vote. You aren't asking me any questions, so it's not exploratory.
Let me make this clear. I literally do not believe in either of those things. "Pressure" isn't real, and asking dumbass questions is "playing stupid games". I am not playing any kind of game, I am voting for the person I want lynched. I want you lynched because then I will have information. That is all.
'Then I will have information. That is all.' Quite the statement to make when you should be picking up info from interactions between people and keeping it in your head for future days. Not looking at things, or sharing, can mess you up something fierce. Just ask Toony about last game. If no-one dies, where will your information be then?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 19, 2021, 04:11:03 pm »

You almost have an explanation. Now you need a deeper explanation into why. Do you think I'm suspicious? Do you think I'm unreadable? Do you have a reason to want me dead? What information will be obtained? What information do you have now? Do you have a way to entice other people to your cause?

Because you are participating in RVS, regardless of what you're saying. You pretend like pressure isn't real, but if you actually believed that and what you are saying, you wouldn't be answering my questions. Honestly, regardless of what you choose to do, I am winning here. If you answer my questions, you prove I was right the whole time, and if you don't, you still prove I was right.

Maybe you think I am cruel or overbearing, but I am doing you a service here. I am giving you a chance to fix your mistakes, and to step up and take control from me. That's how you win and get me executed. You need to show why it is the right move.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2021, 04:26:55 pm »

You pretend like pressure isn't real, but if you actually believed that and what you are saying, you wouldn't be answering my questions.
I'm not answering your questions because of "pressure", I'm answering them because I have nothing better to do right now and I don't like seeing people be stupid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2021, 04:38:31 pm »

I gave you like five chances. I think you are probably a lost cause. In that case, we should absolutely eliminate you. I also dislike people doing stupid things, and that's what I was trying to fix.

I think we should start looking at secondary candidates. I think we should also wait for Toony to post before eliminating Max. I will unvote, and prepare to hammer. So, I think EuchreJack and NJW2000 are potentially good suspects to look into, since I can't exactly grill Vector.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2021, 04:50:35 pm »

Why Jack specifically? As one of the protector roles.. I agree with NJW being a good person to pressure, though keeping my vote on Max.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2021, 05:01:01 pm »

I'm only one person, and I am definitely trying to be helpful, moreso than at least two or three names here. But I'm not going to play stupid games to win stupid prizes, and I'm not going to change my vote if I think my vote is in the right place just because of "pressure".
It's more so because you don't even want to share your reads. Even if you don't want to write out a list, I don't really see a progression with your posts where I could pin point what you think of everyone else. At most, we know you suspect Web, and it's implied you think Vector and I are also scummy since you don't believe the Captain info. But not all three of us can be scum, so I ultimately don't know what you actually think of anyone besides Web.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 153