Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94471 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 2): We Are Left With Our Ashes
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2021, 01:53:15 pm »

Oh yeah, one last thing, your clearance of Roden depends on the assumption that I can be nightkilled. Did you think I would miss that? I hate assumptions most of all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2021, 01:56:57 pm »

(That's Wittgenstein, don't go driving yourself crazy trying to parse it. It means that communication is impossible between two minds that don't even share a reference frame.)
Down the rabbit hole indeed.
If you don't think Wittgenstein is one of the greatest philosophers, then sad to say, your tastes are objectively wrong.
I do like Witt.

I highly recommend that you accept that I'm Town. Do you think I am scum?
Of course, but that's unrelated to the game.
Ooooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

Ooooooooooooo

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2021, 02:05:36 pm »

That was a joke. I'm obviously not gonna answer this. What could possibly be the benefit of answering?
If you think I'm scum, you have a reason to not trust me. If you think I'm Town, you have a reason to believe what I say.

Oh yeah, one last thing, your clearance of Roden depends on the assumption that I can be nightkilled. Did you think I would miss that? I hate assumptions most of all.
True. I actually wasn't aware of how Commuter worked. My bad. Roden would never have killed you, though. They probably would've killed Tric, ToonyMan, or me. All three targets had no protection last Night if you are untargetable (Deflector would fail). Same for me. I would've killed TricMagic.

You can do this. One step at a time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2021, 02:12:08 pm »

That was a joke. I'm obviously not gonna answer this. What could possibly be the benefit of answering?
Less confusion for one. Where is the methodical logic, and when are you going to shared it. As it stands, you're looking for ways out rather than ways for things to make sense.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2021, 02:15:42 pm »

More of a Vincent Peale man myself.

Initial observations:

- Scum inventor is more plausible with gunsmith cop claim in the picture
 - Given last game, wacky alternative mafiakills aren't out the picture, making an inventor after a no-kill N1 look exceedingly fishy
 - Any possible scumteam contains someone canny enough for a no-kill gambit, BUT:
 - No-kill would have been quite unattractive to scum with a conventional kill because a 5v2 gives town one more chance to eliminate correctly than 4v2.
 - Yeah, Parity Cop should fail on a commuter so one of Tric and Max are lying. So we should kill one of them. Right? I mean, I'll check this reasoning, but...
 - I guess I should have failed to hit a commuter too? So yeah, lynching Max. Hm...
 - I've lynched a townie false commuter claim before, but if Max is trying to do what Met did in the first round, that would be a tad loco. Unless he's going to drop the claim in a second or something... which would be both tiresome and uncharacteristic

The inventor stuff is worrying. Also Web and Toony are both good at controlling the narrative, and the possibility that we just stopped a kill and caught the entire mafia team seems a bit too good to be true.

Yarrr... I be a One-shot Roleblocker Captain. Me crew consists of a Jailer... Nah, I'll let you claim as ye want, but this be a lie (Roden, the ship "doctor"), a 50% Inventor (Vector, me best cannoneer), and a Deflector (NJW2000, me first mate).

How exactly does Vector's inventor power work? Anything other than guns?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2021, 02:16:19 pm »

Webadict, it is my understanding that you do not receive any confirmation that your underlings have actually chosen to follow orders, correct?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 22, 2021, 02:21:04 pm »

@NJW2000: I actually do not learn what abilities my crewmates get. I explicitly asked and was denied, sadly. I guessed what Roden's did, based on their claim.

@Maximum Spin: Correct. They can choose to follow my orders or not use that action. I am not told either way, but this also doesn't affect the Mafiakill.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 22, 2021, 02:24:57 pm »

@NJW2000: I actually do not learn what abilities my crewmates get. I explicitly asked and was denied, sadly. I guessed what Roden's did, based on their claim.

@Maximum Spin: Correct. They can choose to follow my orders or not use that action. I am not told either way, but this also doesn't affect the Mafiakill.
It sounds like everything you said is based on a playing card castle of assumptions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 22, 2021, 02:47:31 pm »

ToonyMan/TricMagic/anyone, can you please explain to Maximum Spin that I'm trying to be helpful? I want to see if they will attack you for confirming what I'm saying is true.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 22, 2021, 02:50:50 pm »

That wasn't an attack. You're not getting my point, and you're also unnecessarily being a dick. If, as you just stated, you were not informed of the abilities of your lackeys, then you are simply assuming that their claims are true, and your arguments based on that assumption are ill-founded.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 22, 2021, 02:56:56 pm »

Ok, I think we caught scum.

Last night I was ordered to target Web. I did, and chose to Jail him. However, I actually got a results PM that told me that I screwed up and Jailed Max instead. With no kill happening, it leads me to believe Max made the NK and that I stopped him. I just don't think scum would've targeted him, so I don't think I protected him. Though if NJW's Deflect also affects kill actions, that would explain why there wasn't a kill, since I would be protecting someone who became the NK target.

The Commuter claim has to be a lie though because Tric has results on Max and NJW seems to have successfully Deflected me onto Max. Toony's claim that Vector doesn't have a gun is Strange though, if both Max and Vector are scum. It's possible we have a scum Inventor who has to hand out guns to town who they believe will misfire at night, I suppose. Maybe that's what the Gunsmith is for?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 22, 2021, 03:01:31 pm »

Web knows my role name and has a general understanding of what it is. He's not saying it because it would only give the mafia team more information.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 22, 2021, 03:02:49 pm »

The Commuter claim has to be a lie though because Tric has results on Max and NJW seems to have successfully Deflected me onto Max.
Okay, I guess I need to make this clearer.
I didn't do anything in the night

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2021, 03:08:36 pm »

FallacyofUrist: Surely, people are not told if they've been redirected to an unexpected target?

That is very much nonstandard and I now suspect Roden is lying.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2021, 03:18:18 pm »

FallacyofUrist: Surely, people are not told if they've been redirected to an unexpected target?

That is very much nonstandard and I now suspect Roden is lying.

In such case the team would be Webadict/?. But you are being way too passive. The very fact you did nothing is strange, as if you were a commuter you wouldn't be able to be targeted. Instead you stayed in your room and read, without ever noticing the door was locked. Your claim simply falls apart and is based on a cop not targeting you. Or a jailkeep in this case.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153