Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93195 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 3): Anchor Adrift
« Reply #945 on: October 23, 2021, 08:17:55 pm »

Sic transit gloria boaty

We are most likely at LYLO with 3-person hammer so if I see any goddamn red text before everyone posts, I'm going to lose it. I shouldn't have to say this but clearly it's an issue.

I'd suggest Vector, NJW, Toony, Roden. I'm both exempt and a natural suspect given I've used my sight up.
I'd suggest a different order.

First things first, Roden is going to do some talking about his role. I don't think other people need to claim until then, although I do have some fascinating news.

Roden, baby, what on earth is an interference JOAT?

Toony, what order should we claim in? Who says what first can have a pretty big impact on the outcome of events.

I'd suggest Vector, NJW, Toony, Roden. I'm both exempt and a natural suspect given I've used my sight up.
I think that's fine.
Hahahaha no. No it is not fine, we do not let the person who's been telling porkers about their role wait until the very end to claim.

Why would that be fine?

It doesn't seem fine at all.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 23, 2021, 08:23:20 pm »

Quite the response. But I'm quite interested in who you targeted. Roden is last cause by that point he'll have an excuse.

But that won't matter at all cause Webadict wouldn't have killed himself. Your role is key to this mystery. Vector's first because he's town and gives a big piece of the puzzle, you next to find out where the deflection was, and then Toony for who he targeted.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 23, 2021, 08:24:56 pm »

Regardless, Roden is in the worst spot possible right now. His best bet would be to literally self-vote and stay silent. The question becomes who is his partner? You or Toony?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 23, 2021, 08:28:47 pm »

Tric, I think you and Vector are town so it HAS to he NJW and Roden. It's literally them or the two of you. And I have to figure it out today no matter what.

I'm trying to figure out if NJW is genuinely mad or trying to distance from Roden.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 23, 2021, 08:33:18 pm »

In this case they attempted to get rid of Web so he wouldn't squeal. But it could just as easily be you and roden, with your cop ability having no limit and being meant to sniff out guns the inventor gives out.

As it stands, I or vector am going to die tonight, or we're both alive tomorrow. Really wish Vector hadn't done that though, so much daylight gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 23, 2021, 08:36:52 pm »

Also of note, the role is called interference JOAT, so my result could have very well been messed with. Which means something... Note the death was via gunshot.

So yeah, going with my suggestion for who talks first, which Toony agreed with. And we'll go from there. Why did you deflect people night 1 off of webadict?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 23, 2021, 08:43:43 pm »

NJ.... Where are you~

Seriously, I got out of bed to get on my laptop. If you are just gonna lurk over making a big post, I'll go back to bed and get you in the morning.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 23, 2021, 08:48:18 pm »

Quite the response. But I'm quite interested in who you targeted. Roden is last cause by that point he'll have an excuse.

But that won't matter at all cause Webadict wouldn't have killed himself. Your role is key to this mystery. Vector's first because he's town and gives a big piece of the puzzle, you next to find out where the deflection was, and then Toony for who he targeted.
What on earth? Why would we want him to have an excuse? The entire point of claiming is that it makes life hard on scum because they have to lie without knowing everything about the night.

Also, if you think Vec is town (which, if you're town, you have to), then you should want Vec to go last because then mafia have more difficulty making a convincing claim.
I mean, I'm not 100% on Vec being town, I guess, so I'm not saying they should go last. But yeah, generally speaking trustworthy folks at the back.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Massclaim

I'm not going to explain the whole "suspiscious people claim first" thing but it is a good mafia truism and you should read the article above if you haven't encountered it. This is how you get value from a massclaim.

Fascinating. I'm more of the opinion that you and Roden are scum, but Tric isn't completely clear yet.

So yeah, going with my suggestion for who talks first, which Toony agreed with. And we'll go from there. Why did you deflect people night 1 off of webadict?
Two folks ain't a consensus in my book. Especially when at least one of them has got to be scum. But hey, I've just had a look at the standard JOAT on mafiascum, and yeah, not looking good for Roden.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure this is the correct play for me and I need to go to bed anyhow. Do read up on massclaims at some point, you seem to have the idea a bit backwards. I deflected Web onto Toony. So it's pretty likely Roden interfered with my deflection in order to be able to kill the captain. The question is then who pulled the trigger... Toony or Tric?

I mean, it's probably Toony. Don't think it can be Vec, and unlikely to be Tric. But I'll have to reread the thread to be sure.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 23, 2021, 08:49:37 pm »

Eh, looks like Tric's asleep for my stunning revelation. I should get some shut-eye too, so see you guys in the morning. My morning.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 23, 2021, 08:52:54 pm »

Addendum: I wasn't told I was roleblocked. Could have been a redirect, that's pretty interfering.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2021, 08:55:10 pm »

Why is Web dead and not me then? Your claim doesn't make sense. FoU stated at the end of D2 that redirects are told to the person being redirected.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 24, 2021, 12:10:19 am »

Day 1 end of day:

EuchreJack (5): ToonyMan, Roden, NJW2000, Maximum Spin, webadict
NJW2000 (1): EuchreJack
Maximum Spin (1): TricMagic

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): Vector
5 to hammer.

Comments:
1. NJW really wanted to vote off TricMagic for claiming Parity Cop, however they begrudgingly voted Jack when the wagon started up. Which Jack also points out before dying.
2. Webadict hammered Jack before the day was over, did not look accidental.

N1 claims:

Toony - inspected Vector, got a negative result
Roden - jailed Webadict, under orders from Webadict
TricMagic - inspected Vector and Maximum Spin, got a same alignment result
NJW2000 - deflected Webadict to Maximum Spin, under orders from Webadict
Vector - was told to give an invention to Webadict, refused
webadict - did nothing
Maximum Spin - did nothing

Nobody died.

Day 2 end of day:

Roden (1): Maximum Spin
Maximum Spin (4): ToonyMan, TricMagic, webadict, Vector

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (2): Roden, NJW2000
4 to hammer.

Comments:
1. Vector hammered early, it looked accidental.
2. Everybody was losing their mind during this day.
3. I saw that Maximum Spin was hypotheizing a Tric/Vector team, which is a big reason why I'm not instant voting NJW or Roden right now. Tric is playing very well if this is the case though.

N2 claims:

Toony - hasn't claimed
Roden - hasn't claimed
TricMagic - did nothing
NJW2000 - deflected Webadict to Toony, under orders from Webadict
Vector - hasn't claimed

Webadict died by gunshot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 24, 2021, 12:40:06 am »

Hi, just popping in to say that I'm here and ready to claim, although I agree that Toony and Roden should claim before me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 24, 2021, 12:59:58 am »

Gonna start off by saying I'm extremely confused by whatever happened with the Night 1 actions. Max is a confirmed Commuter, so I can only assume he didn't actually use his Commute action if Tric did actually get results.

Either way, with the info I have I'm pretty sure scum can't win and have to kill me tonight if there's still two more or we mis-elim. I don't care about the suggested order btw, popcorn format is better.

I was ordered to target Tric, which knowing that Web was mafia-aligned now, seems like TMI that Tric is town. He knew I was a JOAT and assumed I have blocking abilities (even though he claimed I was a Doctor lol, pretty sure that was supposed to be a crumb for scum to NK me), and he wouldn't have me directly role block the mafia team, so I'm fairly certain Tric is town.

I'm called an Interference JOAT but I'm mainly more protective. I have three abilities, all 1-shot: one Jailkeep, one Rolestop, and one Repel. Night 1 I used my Jailkeep, just like I claimed. Night 2, I used my Repel and prevented Tric from being able to interact with NJW. I actually misread it and thought I would be the reverse since I was trying to protect Tric, but it ultimately didn't matter.

I also received a 1-Shot 50% Watcher Invention from Vector, which, along with everything else we've learned, heavily implies that they're town since they notably didn't trust Web enough to give them an Invention. I have no idea why Web ordered Vector to target me, my best guess was that it would help him continue building trust with me and pocket me by giving me nice things lol.

Toony, you claim next. What did you do last night?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2021, 03:55:21 am »

Why is Web dead and not me then? Your claim doesn't make sense. FoU stated at the end of D2 that redirects are told to the person being redirected.

Let's have a look at what they actually said then.

FallacyofUrist: Surely, people are not told if they've been redirected to an unexpected target?
By default, people are always aware of who they end up targeting, at least in my games. This has been the case even in my earliest attempts at mafia-GM-ing. A variant ability could change this, however.

Given there is at least one investigative role in this game, it makes sense for there to be target-changing ability variants that don't tell people.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 153