Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93192 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1290 on: November 08, 2021, 11:59:55 pm »

Vig me, Web, Vector, or Jack if Tric is town. Up to you who, but I think Web is the likeliest hit there.

Vig NJW if Tric is mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 09, 2021, 12:25:22 am »

Vig me, Web, Vector, or Jack if Tric is town. Up to you who, but I think Web is the likeliest hit there.

Vig NJW if Tric is mafia.
I know I said I wouldn't interact, but I wanted to say that this is probably correct. I'm actually okay with being vigged if Tric is Town because I will likely be a detriment unless you adequately believe I am Town. In order of preference for me is:

If Tric is Town:
1) Me. I technically disagree with this, but I know no one's gonna believe me anyway, so I might as well accept it. I will, however, flip Town. My role isn't particularly powerful, so I'm not detrimental to Town if lost.
2) NJW2000, because he's still not clear in this situation.
3) ToonyMan. If I can't live, neither can he. I don't actually think he's Mafia, but that doesn't mean I'm right.
4) Vector.
5) Roden.
Never EuchreJack, because I don't think EuchreJack would necessarily be right about this one. It feels like he took a lot of his opinion from Toony and I, and he can only really be scum with ToonyMan... Or maybe like... NJW? Not with Vector and not Roden either, probably.

If Tric is Mafia:
1) NJW2000. Easy.
2) Vector. Feels a liiiittle bussy. I'd see Vector do that to Tric, though.
3) Roden? At this point, you shouldn't be shooting anyone but the first one, but if you want to fuckin' yolo it, that's the money shot.
Never Toony, Euchre, or me, because those would be incredibly dumb (but secretly extremely funny.)

If Tric is Town, and if you do shoot me with your imaginary vig beam, please go hard on NJW tomorrow.

I just want to know whom each of you think I should vig n1, if I had such an ability.

Damn, nice final hour discussion topic!

Honestly, you should vig no one.  You probably don't have unlimited shots, and I don't see you as the N1 kill.  Wait until N2 when you've got a better idea of who is scum, and perhaps those we think are scum will have actually revealed themselves as helpful townies. Vig N1 risks both killing a townie and losing valuable info.

I'm totally and genuinely surprised by this post Maximum Spin.  Good job!
Nah, it's a good idea to shoot if you believe Vector. Poison at 6p is gonna be better, and if I'm removed, it's a smaller ring for Town to have as action confirmations.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 09, 2021, 01:18:13 am »

Hm, while I do suspect NJW, his meta is to be relatively useless and borderline harmful D1 while becoming extremely useful with their ability reveal D2, so I don't actually think Vig'ing him is the optimal play.

Roden, on the other hand, has already revealed their ability, and in Round 2 was able to bluff/manipulate their declared D1 role for quite some time as scum.
So I think Roden is probably a good Vig target.  Plus, every good scum team needs one active player and one lurker, and Roden could be the lurker in the scum team.  Especially since the other two suspects for lurking scum are Vector (another good target, see below)...and you Maximum Spin.

Vector's claim of scum having poison could be a soft claim of having an antidote.  But if mafia only has poison, town can probably win before that becomes a major issue.  Vector could be claiming because they have poison and don't want to get blamed when the poison they as mafia use is detected.  Or Vector could be mafia claiming poison when it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure why, but I don't see both Roden and Vector as town.  Something about the claims makes me think one is scum, like that their claims can't mutually exist in two townies.  Hence, why they're my suggestions for vig'ing.

I disagree with the vig Web if Tric flips Town strategy because we don't know what D2 is going to reveal.  Several times in this tournament, the scummy end-of-day 1 player turned out to be confirmed Town in later days.  Even Web doesn't know what might happen D2, since if town this is his first game in this tournament as town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 09, 2021, 01:25:35 am »

I would like to hear answers from the other three too! Don't be shy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 09, 2021, 01:32:52 am »

I would like to hear answers from the other three too! Don't be shy.
...or Maximum Spin will shoot you!  ;D

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 09, 2021, 01:58:27 am »

Just had two back to back ten hour shifts. I'm exhausted and just skimmed the thread.

Tric is my choice if we're not doing Toony.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 09, 2021, 02:04:10 am »

I'd prefer not to get Vig'd but the choice is ultimately yours Max. I won't Delay you so don't worry about that being an issue.

If I had to pick it would be Toony or Web. It's too late to get into it more, but Toony's and Web's initial insistence that they could read other when last round Toony NK'd Web due to misreading him as town is giving me massive cognitive dissonance.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 09, 2021, 02:05:57 am »

Just had two back to back ten hour shifts. I'm exhausted and just skimmed the thread.

Tric is my choice if we're not doing Toony.
Uhhh, okay, guess that's that then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 09, 2021, 02:12:16 am »

Actually, Roden's hammer vote came less than 2 minutes before the deadline, so not much of a hammer.  Look forward to the results.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 09, 2021, 09:04:22 am »

.... You guys could have done this while I was awake. Oh well. I give you all my remaining sandwiches.
Have a Sandwich! (This counts as my bah post.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 09, 2021, 10:06:44 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (5): webadict, ToonyMan, Vector, EuchreJack, Roden
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (1): Maximum Spin
Vector (0):
webadict (2): TricMagic, NJW2000
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (0):
5 to hammer.

"You don't have to d-do this." TricMagic nervously stepped back. As always, he tried to keep up a humorous demeanor, and gave everyone a smile that spoke of internal pain. "I'm innocent, I swear -"

It was moments before the clock would strike and darkness would fall, and even the dying light of the lantern would be suppressed. Despite that, Roden took it upon himself to give the final push needed to send TricMagic over the edge.

His was the first death of this deadly game, yet somehow, every one of those present felt like they had seen such sights before. A pounding sense of deja vu that came with a mass of headaches.

Before the day drew to a close, you took it upon yourselves to use TricMagic's death as an opportunity to determine his guilt or innocence.

But within his chambers? You could find nothing of note beyond a portable cart stocked with fresh sandwiches. A godsend for your meals, but one that brought you incredible guilt, now. Save for the guiltless.

TricMagic was Town.

Sandwich Vendor (town):
(Night) Distribute [target]: You give your target a sandwich. They are informed that they received a sandwich during the Night.

His death could only be the first death of many, however. Peace was never an option - not in this place.

Night 1 has begun, and will end Wednesday at 9 AM, Central/Forum time (or if I receive all needed actions early and have the time to process).

(If you can't act or choose not to act, notifying me regardless will help speed up processing.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Night 1): Sandwiched Between A Shove And Spikes
« Reply #1301 on: November 10, 2021, 02:05:38 pm »

A lantern flickered into being once more as the gathering-room's clock chimed into the daytime. The sandwiches of the fallen served as breakfast. Most likely lunch and dinner, too. What was left in the kitchen and pantry was barely fit for eating. Barely.

Nobody had fallen, by all appearances, but who could tell what twisted evils had taken place in the dark? The dark that no eye could penetrate and no ear hear through. Hearts pounded and muscles twitched as the new day began.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (7): ToonyMan, Roden, EuchreJack, NJW2000, Vector, webadict, Maximum Spin
4 to hammer.

Day 2 has begun, and will end at 1 PM, Friday, Central/Forum time. Or on a hammer.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Nothing to report on my end.

Tric should have been a hit, I need to understand their completely illogical play for the future.

I think it's very likely there's a mafia inside NJW/Web with the other one being town. I think their fighting between each other looked very natural and I also find them extremely suspicious. NJW for what I said yesterday and Web because Tric was town, I don't believe Web would misread Tric and let Tric be mislynched as town. I refuse to believe that. I'm more inclined to vote Web over NJW currently but I will think about it.

I wrote notes during the night but I'm at work so I'll post them when I'm home.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Right, some info from tonight.

I am a voyeur: I can learn any abilities used on my target during the night.

I voyeur'd Vector and there were three other abilities used on them: They were inspected, targeted with an ability called "Prodigious study"and primed.

I do get some information about what the abilities I see do. Prodigious study lets someone copy an investigative ability their target has. Priming gives them the primed status, FoU wasn't more explicit about that, but I really do not think it's good.

Have asked FoU for more info on the priming, but it really looks like someone has some kind of arsonist role. Most likely scum, but maybe some kind of arsonist vig given Vector's claim about poison.

Any analysis later, time for food.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'd prefer not to get Vig'd but the choice is ultimately yours Max. I won't Delay you so don't worry about that being an issue.

If I had to pick it would be Toony or Web. It's too late to get into it more, but Toony's and Web's initial insistence that they could read other when last round Toony NK'd Web due to misreading him as town is giving me massive cognitive dissonance.
I was scum when I said that. I was making up stuff to try to appease Vector.

I can't read Web currently, he could be town but I kind of doubt it if NJW is town.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 153