Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93196 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voyeur'd Vector and there were three other abilities used on them: They were inspected, targeted with an ability called "Prodigious study"and primed.
Fascinating. I happen to know someone who visited Vector, but I want to see if that person will claim first.

I knew, for reasons presumably similar to Vector's knowledge of poisoning, that someone has priming. I tried to indicate that to Toonyman ("prime suspect") on a hunch that that was his death-related role.

Question for today: If you could trade your life for TricMagic's, would you?

Not reading all the posts yet, but:
Did Max ever hardclaim vig? I think that was just a play/speculating. Otherwise Max is probably lying, but I don't think that makes them mafia just because of that.
I did not. I can kill someone though. Potentially.
It's typically assumed that if you can kill and you're not mafia, then you're either a Vig or 3P. So what are you admitting to here?

Also I don't believe that you know someone who visited Vector. There's nobody left who could. I Delayed Toony, so both of us are accounted for. NJW claimed Voyeur, Web claimed Study, and Vector likely didn't self-Prime. So either you or Jack is the Inspect, and Jack soft claimed Watcher yesterday. Everyone is accounted for except you. Unless NJW and Web are covering for each other, you're the Primer. Unless Jack denies visiting Vector, this is just confirmed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

It's typically assumed that if you can kill and you're not mafia, then you're either a Vig or 3P. So what are you admitting to here?
Being a certain kind of a JOAT, actually. It's a Fallacy setup, what're you expecting?

Also I don't believe that you know someone who visited Vector. There's nobody left who could. I Delayed Toony, so both of us are accounted for. NJW claimed Voyeur, Web claimed Study, and Vector likely didn't self-Prime. So either you or Jack is the Inspect, and Jack soft claimed Watcher yesterday. Everyone is accounted for except you. Unless NJW and Web are covering for each other, you're the Primer. Unless Jack denies visiting Vector, this is just confirmed.
All right, since you're already most of the way there, I'll admit that I tracked Jack and saw that he visited Vector.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One last: My role definitely makes it plausible to me that mafia do actually have dual poison/priming. Certainly I can confirm they both exist in the game.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scumteam is Roden and ToonyMan, calling it now.
I'm struggling to understand this. Do you think Toony told me to randomly hard bus him in the mafia PT? What am I supposed to gain from this?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm struggling to understand this. Do you think Toony told me to randomly hard bus him in the mafia PT? What am I supposed to gain from this?
I mean, sure, why not? That's something I've done.
Are you interested in answering my general question above?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Right. Having had a reread of yesterday overnight, I may have had a bit of a case of tunnel vision when it came to Web. Nonetheless, I'm going to be looking very closely at everyone on the Tric wagon, that elimination was pursued in some highly suspect ways. Especially by Toony and Web, so... still pretty invested in the possibility web is mafia, same goes for toony. Going to wait until people have had a chance to claim before I can form a judgement with much weight behind it.

Couple of questions for Web and Toony:

Btw, I Delayed you Toony. If nobody comes forward as being Poisoned, we're gonna have a major problem.
Stunning analysis Roden, but you seem to have missed the vital fact that someone primed Vector. Ninja'd by your subsequent post, which I guess I'll have to read properly, but at a glance looks equally uninspiring.

The thread is already getting flooded with less than vital posts, so I'm going to try and hold back on posting for a few hours after this.
Honestly, I get it. I was rethinking through the possibilities, but I was perusing the case yesterday, and honestly, your case wasn't entirely off-merit, but I was still stuck in attack mode. I figured I'd be willing to not explode right out the gate.

When I saw you posted my exact action and the correct target, I figured it was entirely possible you're Town, which I'm sticking to for Today, especially since you also knew what it does.

If I had had more time Yesterday, I probably would've jumped off TricMagic and then started going for you, which seems like a mistake now. Oh well.

Honestly, as for why I targeted Vector, it's twofold. At first, I was planning to target ToonyMan... I was trying to think of roles that were death-related (as he had claimed) and investigative, and the best I could come up with was some type of autopsy role, but that seemed unnecesary. I reconsidered partway through because there was a good chance that Vector was going to be watched Tonight, AND in the chance that Vector had the ability to see if players were poisoned (Or could see someone using a poison ability or day ability or something.) I figured that Vector was also probably a Poison Doctor, but that also made it more likely they'd be targeted by a watch of some sort. It was a risk, and it paid off. The only other choice that was feasible was Maximum Spin, EuchreJack, or you. EuchreJack seemed like a person that would also be hit by the poison, so if I wasn't targeting them, it'd be more evidence away from myself, and Maximum Spin was softclaiming kill-stuff, which would ALSO look suspicious if I claimed targeting them with what essentially is a copying ability.

You'll notice that all of my answers are around what makes me look the least suspicious here, and that's because I know exactly how suspicious I look. You'll also notice that I basically lucked the fuck out of being immediately on the defensive. I'd like to think it's because I made a carefully considered plan, but, I'm happy with lucky too.

Spoiler: For NJW's eyes only (click to show/hide)

I mean... Hardbus? Your bus had no wheels on it, Broden. I'll call it a bus when he's at L-1. But, also, yes, ToonyMan probably would absolutely tell you to do that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and Maximum Spin was softclaiming kill-stuff, which would ALSO look suspicious if I claimed targeting them with what essentially is a copying ability.
Oh damn, you have a copycat ability? Was it only one-shot?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, it only copies investigations, I see. I missed the description in NJW's post. Not as helpful as I thought, then. If it copied any ability...

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being a certain kind of a JOAT, actually. It's a Fallacy setup, what're you expecting?

All right, since you're already most of the way there, I'll admit that I tracked Jack and saw that he visited Vector.
Ok, a JOAT can be a Vig. So you are claiming Vig then.

If you're claiming JOAT Vig/Tracker then it sounds incredibly likely that you're 3P Arsonist, or possibly a souped up Mafia Ally. At this point we just wait for Jack to post. Vector too actually, we don't know if either of them were Poisoned yet.

One last: My role definitely makes it plausible to me that mafia do actually have dual poison/priming. Certainly I can confirm they both exist in the game.
Prime, but not Ignite?

This is just an Arsonist claim lol.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Cool. This means either Max is telling the truth and Jack is the primer. Or that Max is lying to get Jack mislynched...except Max is a deadman if Jack flips town so lying like this isn't worth the trade.

Got anything to say to that Jack? Web is your partner isn't he?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Oh sorry, Max wouldn't be targeting Vector in this case...

Still, Max is not as suspicious as Web or Jack in this scenario.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, a JOAT can be a Vig. So you are claiming Vig then.
No, I'm not a vig at all. I could use all my abilities without killing anyone.

Cool. This means either Max is telling the truth and Jack is the primer. Or that Max is lying to get Jack mislynched...except Max is a deadman if Jack flips town so lying like this isn't worth the trade.
Dude, there were three different things used on Vector, as you well know, and Roden, however crazy he's getting about the vig thing, could be right that Jack is just the inspect. Missing obvious details like that is naturally suspicious.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, sure, why not? That's something I've done.
Are you interested in answering my general question above?
I did, give me time to respond to things.

And obviously mafia bus but why would I immediately bus him today? I literally opened up today by accusing him of being the Poisoner. If we were collaborating on a bus I'd assume Toony would make it look convincing, but he's barely even fighting me on this. You don't think that's weird? If anything, at this point I'm pretty sure he knows he got caught and is trying to make it look like a level 1 scum bus attempt to take me down with him.

I mean... Hardbus? Your bus had no wheels on it, Broden. I'll call it a bus when he's at L-1. But, also, yes, ToonyMan probably would absolutely tell you to do that.
He'd tell me to immediately accuse him of being the Poisoner and that he was going to flop like a fish once I accused him? What alternate universe Toony have you been playing with?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm actually going to take a wild guess and say that ToonyMan probably DOES have a Vengeful role but that he's also Mafia, so he can break a 5p lylo in his favor. That'll be why he'll be pushing for an execution Today on EuchreJack.

Of course, me saying this might make me look suspicious, but that's how I perpetually role, isn't it?
Oh ho, so you do believe my role-claim? I find it hard to believe town!Webadict would believe me...mafia!Webadict on the other hand knows I'm telling the truth.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got anything to say to that Jack? Web is your partner isn't he?
Oh sorry, Max wouldn't be targeting Vector in this case...

Still, Max is not as suspicious as Web or Jack in this scenario.
For this to be true then NJW is lying about the Inspect visit...except NJW can only lie in this scenario if he's paired with Web. But Max is also claiming Jack visited Vector. This thought process doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153