Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94462 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Uh huh. Anything else? Why are you reacting so hard to my vote if you're Town?

Honestly, I voted you because of this post:
Tric should have been a hit, I need to understand their completely illogical play for the future.

I think it's very likely there's a mafia inside NJW/Web with the other one being town.
Don't feel sorry for Tric. Tric didn't defend himself. That's his fucking fault. But, he'll learn. But pushing the conversation to NJW vs me let's you take a backseat on that conversation, doesn't it?

You get to be the active participant now! Congratulations! Bet you are kicking yourself for that one!

If mafia can mask their primer they will want to push for a lynch today on someone with "no alibi" kind of like with Max last round. They will yell and howl and point fingers with no rational thought as innocent townies are made targets during the day.

I will consider the most likely primer today as people post, but I'm not fully falling into mechanical bullshit unless it's coming out of a confirmed town's mouth.
I don't play the what-if game with you. If you think it's me, who's my partner? Also, why the fuck did I grab a potential poison inspect if I am scum?

You don't make sense with your suspicion here. If it's not you, then it's at least one of the other three, no? So find them!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Here are my notes I wrote:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

But pushing the conversation to NJW vs me let's you take a backseat on that conversation, doesn't it?
I am not taking a backseat on this.

From my POV I know I'm town so I strongly suspect one (and likely only one) of you is mafia. My task is to convince other people who aren't me, but if people vote me regardless that's partly my fault and I accept that.

I don't play the what-if game with you. If you think it's me, who's my partner? Also, why the fuck did I grab a potential poison inspect if I am scum?
That's exactly what my goal is today unless you convince me otherwise. You are more likely the dangerous partner out of the two which is why I won't chance wildly shooting into the crowd if I'm lynched.

You don't make sense with your suspicion here. If it's not you, then it's at least one of the other three, no? So find them!
Uh, yeah. I keep saying that's my goal. I assume you have resigned yourself to dying by my hand now, hence your attitude.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If I am correct that Web is mafia then right now my feelings are, from most likely to least likely:

Web/Jack - this is the most convincing case to me

Web/Max - possible, need to check
Web/Roden - possible, don't think is as likely as two above

Web/Vector - unlikely if NJW is telling the truth
Web/NJW - unlikely due to their shitfit on D1

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer not to get Vig'd but the choice is ultimately yours Max. I won't Delay you so don't worry about that being an issue.

If I had to pick it would be Toony or Web. It's too late to get into it more, but Toony's and Web's initial insistence that they could read other when last round Toony NK'd Web due to misreading him as town is giving me massive cognitive dissonance.
I was scum when I said that. I was making up stuff to try to appease Vector.

I can't read Web currently, he could be town but I kind of doubt it if NJW is town.
But Day 1 of this round, you both said you could read each other.

@Webadict:
I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
Nah, the right play here is that ToonyMan is actually Town. ToonyMan is so Town that I plan to pocket him without ever engaging with him. Thus, my play has begun. MUAHAHAHA!
My savior is here. Dude this shit is so easy, Webadict is town. Boom only six people left to choose from.

...As I was saying, people just assume I'm town on D1. Webadict especially likes to do this.
And only towards EoD did this change. Once Tric looked like a guaranteed elimination, you both started having more visible conflict with each other. And now that we have a green flip from Tric with no NK, the two of you are now suddenly at each other's throats even though you both voted Tric early. The final vote count puts both of you as the first two votes on Tric.

I don't buy your argument with each other, it just looks like distancing.

Btw, I Delayed you Toony. If nobody comes forward as being Poisoned, we're gonna have a major problem.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toony: So, one question for you to claim WIFOM over or whatever you wanna do because you're apparently 100% on me being scum because you probably want an excuse to go after NJW Tomorrow when I flip Town: Do you think I used Prodigious Study last Night? If I did, why did I target Vector?

You either have to ignore these questions or claim WIFOM and that I have super special scum powers that let me use a fake(?) action. It's really silly to believe I am scum with NJW at this point, and it's even sillier to think I'm scum with Vector, as the first would be extremely audacious, but NJW claiming the prime doesn't make a lot of sense, AND THE SECOND  makes no sense because then I would've had to prime my partner, (or Vector primed themself with a reflect)

I just frankly think you're smarter than this. I am pretty sure you know I can't be scum. If you were Town, you'd be much more likely to believe these with some inkling. You'd have to accept that Vector is Town.

Honestly, I think if you're scum, you're also making a mistake. You are jumping the gun to go after me, unless you think I'm too big of a threat to live. I'm easier to frame on later days, when people are suspicious I'm still alive. Also, you probably should've been more cognizant of the fight between NJW and I and stepped in to try and point us in the right direction, which would've given you infinite townie points.

@Roden: It would be entirely dumb for me to be going after Toony as my partner this hard on Day 2, but I get it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want Web or NJW dead today so this aligns with my interests at least.

Webadict

Nope. You wouldn't read me or Tric this badly as town. This is just like your Matrix6 mafia play before you blew up and quit.
Yep, a guy with Investigation copying abilities is fucking scum, you got me.

Wanna try again? What did you do last Night?
I did nothing and nothing happened to me.

I don't have a night action. I'm a vengeful townie, if I'm lynched during the day I can choose to kill one player. I will be targeting Web if I'm lynched, still want to go?

I don't want to be wrong again if you're both town, but D1 doesn't make sense to me if both of you and Tric are all town. Tric should have been mafia. Can you explain your D1 behavior with regards to me please?
Ok, besides the fact that anyone claiming Vengeful while under pressure should just be policy lynched, your claim doesn't make sense for the set up.

Vector claims scum have Poison.

Max claims Vig.

NJW claims an Arsonist exists.

Toony claims Vengeful.

Somebody here is lying. There's no way there's four different killing methods in this game, since with scum sharing a kill method it would mean five out of eight players this round can kill. That's a bonkers set up and I don't believe it.

@Max: I didn't target you, did you just choose not to shoot last night? What exactly is your kill method?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'd prefer not to get Vig'd but the choice is ultimately yours Max. I won't Delay you so don't worry about that being an issue.

If I had to pick it would be Toony or Web. It's too late to get into it more, but Toony's and Web's initial insistence that they could read other when last round Toony NK'd Web due to misreading him as town is giving me massive cognitive dissonance.

I can't read Web currently, he could be town but I kind of doubt it if NJW is town.

@Webadict:
I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
Nah, the right play here is that ToonyMan is actually Town. ToonyMan is so Town that I plan to pocket him without ever engaging with him. Thus, my play has begun. MUAHAHAHA!
My savior is here. Dude this shit is so easy, Webadict is town. Boom only six people left to choose from.

...As I was saying, people just assume I'm town on D1. Webadict especially likes to do this.
I wasn't being serious when I called Webadict town there at the start of the day. I put in the acronym tag that Web likes to call me locktown as town and mafia.

Btw, I Delayed you Toony. If nobody comes forward as being Poisoned, we're gonna have a major problem.
Excellent. I can't confirm you did this, but I believe you did. If nobody claims the prime on Vector then it's likely neither me or Roden did it.

Of course, if this becomes true for everyone then Webadict will have to admit the mafia are masking their primer somehow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Did Max ever hardclaim vig? I think that was just a play/speculating. Otherwise Max is probably lying, but I don't think that makes them mafia just because of that.

Vector is speculating about the poison and hasn't answered my question from D1.

NJW is probably telling the truth that the mafia have a prime/arson for this game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Right. Having had a reread of yesterday overnight, I may have had a bit of a case of tunnel vision when it came to Web. Nonetheless, I'm going to be looking very closely at everyone on the Tric wagon, that elimination was pursued in some highly suspect ways. Especially by Toony and Web, so... still pretty invested in the possibility web is mafia, same goes for toony. Going to wait until people have had a chance to claim before I can form a judgement with much weight behind it.

Couple of questions for Web and Toony:

Stunning analysis Roden, but you seem to have missed the vital fact that someone primed Vector. Ninja'd by your subsequent post, which I guess I'll have to read properly, but at a glance looks equally uninspiring.

The thread is already getting flooded with less than vital posts, so I'm going to try and hold back on posting for a few hours after this.
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Webadict:

I wasn't being serious when I called Webadict town there at the start of the day. I put in the acronym tag that Web likes to call me locktown as town and mafia.

Excellent. I can't confirm you did this, but I believe you did. If nobody claims the prime on Vector then it's likely neither me or Roden did it.

Of course, if this becomes true for everyone then Webadict will have to admit the mafia are masking their primer somehow.
Ok, that's true, even if I did Delay your Poison, you couldn't have Primed. Jack basically soft claimed Watcher, which would explain the Inspect NJW saw visit Vector. If Jack denies visiting Vector then that'll be a problem, but if he confirms then everybody is accounted for except Max.

Unless somebody is misvouching, Max is confirmed as the Primer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Toony: So, one question for you to claim WIFOM over or whatever you wanna do because you're apparently 100% on me being scum because you probably want an excuse to go after NJW Tomorrow when I flip Town: Do you think I used Prodigious Study last Night? If I did, why did I target Vector?
I think you did, yes. You would have to be making a play with NJW otherwise which seems extremely unlikely. I don't really understand Prodigious Study as it would be useless for mafia to have it if NJW is telling the truth about how it works, which he should be if you're mafia.

...Okay, fine. Unvote for now while I sort this. Let me try to look at this under the assumption NJW and Web are both town. I strongly believe at least one of you is town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I voyeur'd Vector and there were three other abilities used on them: They were inspected, targeted with an ability called "Prodigious study"and primed.
Fascinating. I happen to know someone who visited Vector, but I want to see if that person will claim first.

I knew, for reasons presumably similar to Vector's knowledge of poisoning, that someone has priming. I tried to indicate that to Toonyman ("prime suspect") on a hunch that that was his death-related role.

Question for today: If you could trade your life for TricMagic's, would you?

Not reading all the posts yet, but:
Did Max ever hardclaim vig? I think that was just a play/speculating. Otherwise Max is probably lying, but I don't think that makes them mafia just because of that.
I did not. I can kill someone though. Potentially.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scumteam is Roden and ToonyMan, calling it now.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vector is speculating about the poison and hasn't answered my question from D1.

NJW is probably telling the truth that the mafia have a prime/arson for this game.
Isn't Arsonist usually 3P? If we believe Vector, which you claimed to yesterday, then scum have Poison. Why would scum have Poison and Prime/Arson? Both are slow kills and I don't see scum having access to both at the same time. Plus too many actions are being confirmed, Max has to be the Primer in this scenario.

If nobody claims being Poisoned, then my Delay confirms you were the Poisoner or Vector just straight up lied. But if they lied how could they be Primed? Only scum has a reason to lie about the killing method, town!Vector has zero reason to lie though. And if they've been Primed then I think this just confirms that they are town and telling the truth. Unless you're suggesting scum can pick one or the other killing method? Which if true, it just invalidates Vector's role if they're town since scum can just use Arson to NK in that scenario.

What I think is more likely here is that Max is either some weird Arson Vig, or he's 3P Arsonist. And the latter makes much more sense to me.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the Primer would target Vector when Jack basically claimed Watcher and said he would target Vector. We really need to see his results here.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 153