Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94489 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'm actually going to take a wild guess and say that ToonyMan probably DOES have a Vengeful role but that he's also Mafia, so he can break a 5p lylo in his favor. That'll be why he'll be pushing for an execution Today on EuchreJack.

Of course, me saying this might make me look suspicious, but that's how I perpetually role, isn't it?
Oh ho, so you do believe my role-claim? I find it hard to believe town!Webadict would believe me...mafia!Webadict on the other hand knows I'm telling the truth.
You tend to have a certain way that you lie while claiming. This one doesn't feel like a lie. It could be, but... Eh? It feels like it could fit for the Mafia team if the Mafia was an Arsonist. In fact, it could be that you're a death-activated Arsonist? That might also be potentially Vengeful.

But, I also don't really care, because you're going to give up on the search because I think you realize it's futile to do so, and you'd rather just die than potentially out your partner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It's typically assumed that if you can kill and you're not mafia, then you're either a Vig or 3P. So what are you admitting to here?
Being a certain kind of a JOAT, actually. It's a Fallacy setup, what're you expecting?

Also I don't believe that you know someone who visited Vector. There's nobody left who could. I Delayed Toony, so both of us are accounted for. NJW claimed Voyeur, Web claimed Study, and Vector likely didn't self-Prime. So either you or Jack is the Inspect, and Jack soft claimed Watcher yesterday. Everyone is accounted for except you. Unless NJW and Web are covering for each other, you're the Primer. Unless Jack denies visiting Vector, this is just confirmed.
All right, since you're already most of the way there, I'll admit that I tracked Jack and saw that he visited Vector.
Cool. This means either Max is telling the truth and Jack is the primer. Or that Max is lying to get Jack mislynched...except Max is a deadman if Jack flips town so lying like this isn't worth the trade.

Got anything to say to that Jack? Web is your partner isn't he?
Oh sorry, Max wouldn't be targeting Vector in this case...

Still, Max is not as suspicious as Web or Jack in this scenario.
For this to be true then NJW is lying about the Inspect visit...except NJW can only lie in this scenario if he's paired with Web. But Max is also claiming Jack visited Vector. This thought process doesn't make sense.
You are correct. I can't see a way NJW or Web is mafia currently unless Web is some weirdass two-action role so I need to reevaluate what's going on.

I'm not fighting you back because there's no reason to. I believe you're a delayer like you claim. I believe you targeted me last night. I believe you think I'm mafia genuinely and honestly after I deceived you last round. In fact, your actions last night have benefited me greatly as I have no way to "clear" myself since I lack a night-action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If I clear NJW and Web:

I don't believe Jack could be mafia unless Web is their partner. Jack does not make sense with anyone else to me.
Vector should be town here since they appear to be the mafia target.
That leaves Roden and Max.
But I think Roden is probably town, but he can't be here. The mafia become Roden and Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

In a scenario where Roden and Max are the mafia:

1. Roden is probably being truthful in delaying me.
2. Max actually primes Vector, which NJW spots.

Jack needs to confirm that they inspected Vector and everything here works. If I'm willing to trust Web then we should be able to mutually agree on voting Roden, however I want to be sure first by going through the thread again.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Man, I wish I could prime people.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Jack needs to confirm that they inspected Vector

I can in fact confirm that.  In fact, I hinted D1 that I was going to do so.
Since NJW has claimed Voyeur, I should probably note that I softclaimed Watcher because I'm not a Watcher, but rather an Inspector.  I can confirm that an action was performed on Vector.  Best to get my investigative role out in the open, so it doesn't look like NJW and I are counter-claiming.

Still have to catch up a bit.  I did not have phone signal for a while today.  Also working.  I had actually wanted to post FIRST, softclaiming Watcher and seeing what I got.
But like usual, NJW seems to have sprung his role quite effectively on D2.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I don't see Roden and Maximum Spin as a scum team.  While they have certainly been conversing in the thread, its not the sort of either helpful or bussing that I would expect from scum buddies.  And they're certainly not distancing.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Ok. Way too much for me to think about replies/analysis, besides no Vector claim so I don't think I'm going to attempt a full-scale mechanical analysis until tomorrow (my time).

One thing people don't seem to have remarked on: Max's claim to have tracked EJ is entirely unconfirmed. It was pretty obvious that the inspection role I saw was EJ, or at least I pretty much immediately clocked that, due to stuff like this post, in which he basically says he has it. I confirmed that the inspection role was used on Vector, so MaxSpin didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

This could just be the bad luck of getting to the thread later than me, though. More inclined to believe that possibility, due to evidence he knew there was arson D1, and also the fact he was not on the Tric wagon.

@MaxSpin:
Quote from: Max
Question for today: If you could trade your life for TricMagic's, would you?
Interesting if not obviously relevant. Depends if Tric could keep his town confirmed status. If he couldn't, then nope, don't need a sandwich vendor as much as we need my mechanical info, and his death was good in that I think mafia showed their hand in the wagon. If he could keep it, or we could keep my results and the wagon info after the trade... that's a difficult question to answer without seeing all the claims today.

Don't see any other questions for me, sorry if I'm missing someone.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, okay, I think figured out the setup. I'd bet $500 that this is correct.

3P Arsonist
This is a weird statement, but it was insightful, thank you.

Roden and ToonyMan are Poisoner Mafia.

One of Maximum Spin/EuchreJack is probably the 3P Arsonist. My guess is that Maximum Spin is the Arsonist, since they have a JoAT type role, but it's definitely possible it's EuchreJack, if slightly.

Luckily, one of them was probably poisoned, since Vector was primed, and neither NJW nor I would've been poisoned due to the way that ToonyMan started out the day. If I had to guess, it was EuchreJack that was poisoned.

If I had to guess even fuuuuurther:
Man, I wish I could prime people.
Maximum Spin has an auto ability that allows them to prime anyone their target targets. It'd be a good limiter on the role, and it meshes with the setup (i.e. Everyone has targeted abilities.)

This is even further justified by this post:
and Maximum Spin was softclaiming kill-stuff, which would ALSO look suspicious if I claimed targeting them with what essentially is a copying ability.
Oh damn, you have a copycat ability? Was it only one-shot?
Probably would've tried to convince me to copycat him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roden has a delay target on ToonyMan. ToonyMan might have actually been delayed and doesn't want to be voted out, because the poison won't go off! It was meant to double poison Tonight! The plan only works if ToonyMan doesn't get voted out immediately, LOLOLOL!

Not only that, but that's why ToonyMan is bussing Roden! Roden isn't needed anymore, but ToonyMan is! It'll get suspicion off him, and allow for the necessarily double poison kill!

Maximum Spin had an ability to track EuchreJack, but the prime was targeted towards Vector, and I absolutely believe EuchreJack did it.

Fucking... I'm a genius if this is all right. You can all thank me later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, I'm a 1-shot poison doc. I protected NJW last night. I was not poisoned.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, I'm a 1-shot poison doc. I protected NJW last night. I was not poisoned.
What a boring target, you should've targeted me, your BFF and secret idol.

But that's okay, my salvation is open to all Town, and today, that includes you!

So, I'm willing to defend this theory with my very life. Anyone want to counter me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

There are no third parties in this setup, unless you mean a mafia ally which is not very accurate. FoU has stated the only possible alignments will be town, mafia, and mally.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

This is even further justified by this post:
and Maximum Spin was softclaiming kill-stuff, which would ALSO look suspicious if I claimed targeting them with what essentially is a copying ability.
Oh damn, you have a copycat ability? Was it only one-shot?
Probably would've tried to convince me to copycat him.
I would have, but... not for sinister reasons. Rather, it'd be really helpful to have two of... well, either of my two remaining abilities, but especially the better one.

Maximum Spin has an auto ability that allows them to prime anyone their target targets. It'd be a good limiter on the role, and it meshes with the setup (i.e. Everyone has targeted abilities.)
This is wrong. In fact, I can't prime anyone at all, directly or indirectly. I wasn't being hinty in any weird way, except, I guess, insofar as I have already explained that other people being primed affects my own power.

Your theory could have been plausible except that it doesn't account for who got primed, since I know it can't have been my doing. However... it would be consistent with observations if someone has a power that primes as a side effect, possibly without the ability to ignite.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are no third parties in this setup, unless you mean a mafia ally which is not very accurate. FoU has stated the only possible alignments will be town, mafia, and mally.
Ahhhhh, maaaaan. That would've been a cool setup.

Oh well, then it's a two-man prime-timer, with ToonyMan and Roden/EuchreJack. But ToonyMan is definitely in there.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 153