Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94420 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I can confirm that an action was performed on Vector.
What do you mean?

Hi, I'm a 1-shot poison doc. I protected NJW last night. I was not poisoned.
Did anything else happen to you? Can you confirm you were primed?

There are no third parties in this setup, unless you mean a mafia ally which is not very accurate. FoU has stated the only possible alignments will be town, mafia, and mally.
Ahhhhh, maaaaan. That would've been a cool setup.

Oh well, then it's a two-man prime-timer, with ToonyMan and Roden/EuchreJack. But ToonyMan is definitely in there.
Bzzz, wrong. Try again idiot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

N1 claims (in order):

I claim nothing, having no night-action.

NJW claims seeing three things target Vector.
1. Inspected - Confirmed by Jack
2. Prodigious study - Confirmed by Web
3. Primed - Nobody has confirmed

Webadict claims they used "Prodigious study" on Vector.

Roden claims they delayed me.

Max claims they tracked Jack and they targeted Vector. They also mention a bit earlier they know someone who targeted Vector, although their timing is unfortunate as the only people who haven't claimed yet are Vector and Jack.

Jack claims they "inspected" Vector.

Vector claims they protected NJW.

Nobody died, however NJW claims Vector was primed which nobody has admitted so we can infer that was the mafia factional action. A kill was likely not even attempted last night. This goes along with FoU giving mafia strange ways to kill the last few rounds.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Web's Prodigious Study will likely work on NJW, Jack, and maybe Max depending on what they have.

It shouldn't work on myself, Roden, or Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Some pretty easy things to for me to judge here looking at mechanical info and behavior:

1. Vector is very likely town. There is an unknown malicious action that targeted them according to NJW, who I believe.
2. NJW is very likely town.  Their action is very confirmable and it wouldn't seem fair to have a voyeur that also primes someone. NJW continues the trend of getting incredibly useful N1 results.
3. Roden is likely town. If they wanted to frame me as mafia they wouldn't claim to delay me to give me an out. Does not make sense.

This leaves Web, Jack, and Max.

Web's Prodigious study is suspicious but nothing clear cut.
Jack's inspect is possibly suspicious.
Everything about Max is suspicious, but it honestly feels like poor timing to me. I really feel like they could have claimed earlier if they were able to, like before NJW.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Bzzz, wrong. Try again idiot.
Rude. Seems like a bad idea to insult me if your plan is to convince me to not vote for you.

Web's Prodigious study is suspicious but nothing clear cut.
Jack's inspect is possibly suspicious.
Well, that's completely expected.

Except it's not me, and it literally doesn't make sense to be me. I suppose it might be EuchreJack, though, so that's fair.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Max claims they tracked Jack and they targeted Vector. They also mention a bit earlier they know someone who targeted Vector, although their timing is unfortunate as the only people who haven't claimed yet are Vector and Jack.
Everything about Max is suspicious, but it honestly feels like poor timing to me. I really feel like they could have claimed earlier if they were able to, like before NJW.
I was off the internet most of today. I only got in here after getting back from the dentist. So yeah, I missed the turnover and a lot of the beginning of the day.

I'm... still only one person.

Ah, hell, Toonyman's spinning wheels here. I'm not an agreeing-with-webadict kind of guy (that's a joke don't @ me), but this has been obvious all day and I'm not going to put it off any longer. Part of me just wonders if I overestimated how good you are at the game though, I admit. But hey, I was right to think this last round and if I'd gone with my instincts instead of getting sidetracked I might not have gotten lynched.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are no third parties in this setup, unless you mean a mafia ally which is not very accurate. FoU has stated the only possible alignments will be town, mafia, and mally.

LOL. I told you, Webby. No survivor.

Did anything else happen to you? Can you confirm you were primed?

I can't confirm anyone else's actions, unfortunately. I didn't get them as part of my night results.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Web:
You don't care because I think you're mafia. You spin shit on players when you feel like it, I haven't seen any genuine good faith trickery from you to find mafia. I hate that you chose to ignore me on D1 and I hate how you play as mafia because it pisses me off how you can endlessly throw bullshit such as made up third parties to make it look like you're helping when you have done nothing but cause problems. You insult players far more heavily as town and get genuinely angry at players for being idiots. I have seen no rage this game, just jokes and jests. Yes I'm pulling this card even if you don't like it. No I don't care how you respond to me. No I don't care if you vote me, it's a win for me still because even if you're somehow town you can feel like a fucking moron after because I sure won't because I know I'm trying my best and you aren't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It's Web/Jack or Web/Max I think. Webadict again.

@Vector:
That makes sense I guess, we got very lucky in the sense that mafia's night action was spotted by NJW. We probably won't know who gets primed tonight. Mafia didn't know NJW would spot their prime.

It makes a lot of sense you were primed first Vector, because you are probably the player least likely to be lynched in this current round.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I don't understand why Vector is a one-shot poison doctor, that seems extremely bad and pointless in this setup?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

@Web:
You don't care because I think you're mafia. You spin shit on players when you feel like it, I haven't seen any genuine good faith trickery from you to find mafia. I hate that you chose to ignore me on D1 and I hate how you play as mafia because it pisses me off how you can endlessly throw bullshit such as made up third parties to make it look like you're helping when you have done nothing but cause problems. You insult players far more heavily as town and get genuinely angry at players for being idiots. I have seen no rage this game, just jokes and jests. Yes I'm pulling this card even if you don't like it. No I don't care how you respond to me. No I don't care if you vote me, it's a win for me still because even if you're somehow town you can feel like a fucking moron after because I sure won't because I know I'm trying my best and you aren't.

Personally, I think between Web and Toonyman there is one scum, and this post reads like Town!Toonyman.  We didn't see this level of frustration last round from Toonyman, so it looks legit.

NJW shouldn't be getting such a free pass.  They claimed 3 things happened to Vector.  The Inspect that I alluded to on the previous day, and which NJW admits they knew about D1.  The possibly made up thing that Web claimed to do.  And the Priming action that might not even exist.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand why Vector is a one-shot poison doctor, that seems extremely bad and pointless in this setup?

Hm, good observation.  It indicates, to me, that perhaps mafia has more than one kill method of limited quantity.  Like a JAOT, only they all are one-shot kills.

@Maximum Spin: I think you need to stop hinting and start claiming.  I mean, I'm currently guessing what you are likely to claim, and I need you to make the claims so that I can start verifying if those suspicions make sense and whether you are Town.  As Mafia, it is unfortunately easy for you to make believable claims at this point.  As Town, you are on the chopping block, and if you want to be around N2, you should start claiming.

I can confirm that an action was performed on Vector.
What do you mean?

I mean what I say.  I can confirm that an action was performed on Vector.  I am an Inspector.
It is a poor investigative role, but there are no limits on its use.  I can do it every night, and I intend to do so.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1377 on: November 11, 2021, 01:27:39 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (0):
TricMagic (5): webadict, ToonyMan, Vector, EuchreJack, Roden
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (1): Maximum Spin
Vector (0):
webadict (2): TricMagic, NJW2000
Maximum Spin (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (0):
5 to hammer.

"You don't have to d-do this." TricMagic nervously stepped back. As always, he tried to keep up a humorous demeanor, and gave everyone a smile that spoke of internal pain. "I'm innocent, I swear -"

It was moments before the clock would strike and darkness would fall, and even the dying light of the lantern would be suppressed. Despite that, Roden took it upon himself to give the final push needed to send TricMagic over the edge.

His was the first death of this deadly game, yet somehow, every one of those present felt like they had seen such sights before. A pounding sense of deja vu that came with a mass of headaches.

Before the day drew to a close, you took it upon yourselves to use TricMagic's death as an opportunity to determine his guilt or innocence.

But within his chambers? You could find nothing of note beyond a portable cart stocked with fresh sandwiches. A godsend for your meals, but one that brought you incredible guilt, now. Save for the guiltless.

TricMagic was Town.

Sandwich Vendor (town):
(Night) Distribute [target]: You give your target a sandwich. They are informed that they received a sandwich during the Night.

His death could only be the first death of many, however. Peace was never an option - not in this place.

Night 1 has begun, and will end Wednesday at 9 AM, Central/Forum time (or if I receive all needed actions early and have the time to process).

(If you can't act or choose not to act, notifying me regardless will help speed up processing.)

A reminder of who voted Tric.  Vector is probably clear.  If the gun turrets currently pointed at Toonyman and Web are going somewhere else, they should probably be going towards Roden or myself.

I need to do an informal vote count before voting.  But FOS Roden, while I (re)read Roden's D2 posts.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Jack:
NJW knew exactly that your ability was "inspection", so that's knowledge he obtained.

I think it's unlikely he's working with Web. I doubt NJW would entertain Web during the day. NJW's attacks on Web during D1 looked natural.

If NJW is faking their prime result that would mean the mafia are me and NJW, since the no kill would be from Roden delaying me. This is impossible from my POV and I think in general doesn't make sense.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, Vector isn't cleared but rather must be on a scum team with NJW in order to be scum.  But as you point out, NJW to be scum has others whom he should be teamed up.  So it is quite unlikely.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 153