Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94395 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1635 on: November 14, 2021, 06:18:52 pm »

The only person we can be totally sure wasn't primed is me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 14, 2021, 06:26:33 pm »

Wow.  Here I was assuming you knew that if Web was mafia then you were primed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 14, 2021, 06:29:42 pm »

3. I've been online and reading, just not posting here. You can check my posting history if you want 9_9 Point is, yes, I coulda quickhammered if I wanted. But I didn't.

Ah, but there is a good reason you wouldn't have quickhammered Web.  Thanks for the admission, so now I tell everyone about it.

Web is a Supersaint, or at least has been hinting about it for quite a while.  Scum team of Vector and whomever (maybe NJW2000) don't want to quickhammer Web, as it means one of them could die.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 14, 2021, 06:34:51 pm »

2. I don't need to find your partner if it's you vs. me and I know that I'm town. You've been process-of-elimination'd according to present suspicions.

Ah, but if you were town, you would want to share your suspicions of whom is my partner, since according to your story you will be dying by end of day.
As mafia, you don't want to risk offending someone that could vote me, or not vote you.  Ergo, you're hedging your bets by not accusing anyone else of being scum.

Not even Web, whom has been pointed out as a potential answer but is not currently voting you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 14, 2021, 06:37:28 pm »

I'm assuming this is a role-related thing?

Because if so, then this should be MORE evidence that I am Town, OR, at the very least, that a web/Jack team is improbable.

ToonyMan is going to use the fact that I targeted Vector and a Prime happened on Vector as evidence against me. However, this implies that if I were to use my investigation copying ability, that I also Prime with it. However, if I used this on you and you did not die, then it goes without saying that I either do not have to prime when I use my ability, OR I did not use my ability on you. If I did not use my ability on you, then WHO was Primed, assuming that Roden did not Prime:

Maximum Spin cannot be Primed.
ToonyMan was dead and not targetable.
Vector was already Primed.
NJW2000 is a possible target, but EuchreJack claimed to have watched NJW2000.
I am a possible target, but NJW2000 claimed watching me.
EuchreJack is a possible target.

Assume, for a second, that EuchreJack and I are a team: then, one of us Primed NJW2000, no? But, why would I target Maximum Spin without Priming? Why would I Prime Vector N1 with EuchreJack? You could argue that EuchreJack is the one Priming, though, but that still doesn't implicate me at all.

This also makes a web/Roden team impossible (or very, very, very improbable), since I would HAVE to have targeted Maximum Spin N2, but I also would have Primed if I had such an ability (Let's assume, for a second, that my theory on the Poison is totally correct.)

2. I don't need to find your partner if it's you vs. me and I know that I'm town. You've been process-of-elimination'd according to present suspicions.

Ah, but if you were town, you would want to share your suspicions of whom is my partner, since according to your story you will be dying by end of day.
As mafia, you don't want to risk offending someone that could vote me, or not vote you.  Ergo, you're hedging your bets by not accusing anyone else of being scum.

Not even Web, whom has been pointed out as a potential answer but is not currently voting you.
It's not likely to be Vector, and I don't want to vote them.

I'd still rather vote Roden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 14, 2021, 06:39:26 pm »

@Jack:
You're miscounting primes. Vector was the N1 prime so at most two players will be primed on D4, with one being primed right now besides already dead Vector.
@Toonyman:
You're believing NJW2000.  While I respect his logic, I am unwilling to trust him.  What if NJW2000 is lying?
You're smarter than this, Toonyman.  I mean, you really are.  You have to look at all the options.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 14, 2021, 06:42:39 pm »

@Web: I think you need to dumb it down a bit.  I've having trouble following your logic.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 14, 2021, 06:45:19 pm »

EJ: Here's a concept. I'm completely exhausted and don't feel like scumhunting.

I don't know who your partner is. I don't think it's Web because of meta behavior and this is all devolving into a morass of mechanical tells that plays exactly to my weakpoint as a player. Plus, I'm already dead. I kind of want to be dead in peace.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 14, 2021, 06:46:57 pm »

It's my theory as NJW says that like our JOAT's passive ignite, the mafia (or someone else) could have a passive priming action, piggy-backing onto someone else's target.
@Vector: How do you think that would work?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 14, 2021, 06:49:11 pm »

Web is a Supersaint, or at least has been hinting about it for quite a while.  Scum team of Vector and whomever (maybe NJW2000) don't want to quickhammer Web, as it means one of them could die.
What.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jack primed NJW last night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 14, 2021, 06:50:51 pm »

@Jack:
You're miscounting primes. Vector was the N1 prime so at most two players will be primed on D4, with one being primed right now besides already dead Vector.
@Toonyman:
You're believing NJW2000.  While I respect his logic, I am unwilling to trust him.  What if NJW2000 is lying?
You're smarter than this, Toonyman.  I mean, you really are.  You have to look at all the options.
I have. I believe NJW over Web. If that means town loses then that just means NJW is the better player and I accept that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 14, 2021, 06:52:23 pm »

@Jack:
@Toonyman:
I have. I believe NJW over Web. If that means town loses then that just means NJW is the better player and I accept that.
Really?  That is it?  You're our confirmed townie, and you're just giving up?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 14, 2021, 06:52:46 pm »

What a waste of a confirmed townie

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 14, 2021, 06:53:41 pm »

When push comes to shove, I can't make anyone do the work.  I can accept that too.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 14, 2021, 06:56:14 pm »

Toonyman
Fine, you want to lose, then go for it.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 153