Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93179 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 3): But Time And Time Again This One Erodes
« Reply #1695 on: November 14, 2021, 08:44:06 pm »

Web, wtf are you doing? I can't be solo scum because I was role blocked when a Poison happened, and this isn't a bastard game so we know mafia can't bypass role blocks. Prime turning into Poison isn't a thing that could ever exist because again, this isn't a bastard game, plus it would severely handicap mafia if they had to wait for two days for their NK to actually do anything.

Furthermore, I already proved we can't be the scum team. I was role blocked the same night you performed your Study action, which NJW confirmed you have and Max confirmed that you did it successfully. Yet there was still Poison.

It's impossible for me to be solo scum, and the only players I could be paired with are Vector and Jack. And I've already explained that if me and Vector are the mafia team, we already lost since they wouldn't actually die from Poison today and instead get themself killed with the supposed Ignite factional ability. This leaves Jack as my only potential partner that is not only possible, but also doesn't end in an automatic loss for the mafia team. But you town read Jack, so I should be town through PoE.

"But what about Multitasking?"

Then I'm hard confirmed as town because I claimed to Delay Toony Night 1. If I was Multitasking Mafia, I could use my fractional kill and Delay someone, I wouldn't have to fake claim targeting Toony like you accused me of doing.

Preview edit: Guys. It makes it a lot harder to keep up when you hyper post. Give us time to talk.
^This is the person that ToonyMan says is Town.
Toony came to the same conclusion Jack did: I am mechanically cleared.

I cannot be solo scum. I can only be paired with either Jack or Toony, whom you both town read. In the case of Multitasking, I am hard cleared since faking targeting Toony would be pointless due to being free to target whoever I want while also targeting someone with the factional kill. There is no feasible way for me to be mafia.

What is there to dispute?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 14, 2021, 08:50:29 pm »

No. It's not Vector. Maybe next game it will be though!

Why not?
Because Roden hasn't voted me yet.
Jack brought up that the safest choice today would be to vote Vector. Best case scenario, we stop a big brain Ignite strategy. Worst case scenario, it's no different from a No-Lynch if Vector flips town and does die from Poison.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 14, 2021, 08:52:08 pm »

Why not?
Jack brought up that the safest choice today would be to vote Vector. Best case scenario, we stop a big brain Ignite strategy. Worst case scenario, it's no different from a No-Lynch if Vector flips town and does die from Poison.
You also haven't voted Vector yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 14, 2021, 08:52:59 pm »

Dude, I'll hammer myself. Get me to L-1, I'll end this nightmare for everyone!

Web doesn't have to do that.  You certainly didn't vote yourself, Vector.

I didn't claim that I would vote for myself though?
True enough, you only claimed that you didn't care if you were voted out.
Hm, there could be a third option where both Vector & I are town.  Toonyman should have seen it, but its a not-Web scumteam, so of course Toonyman missed it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 14, 2021, 09:04:50 pm »

@EuchreJack
: thank you for this post. Makes a strong, concise case on in-thread evidence without untoward speculation. This is head and shoulders above most of today.

I disagree with it, because I think my seeing Vector get primed would change what scum wanted to do. A 1-shot poison doctor is hard to believe, and Vector was locktown to most people D2, so poisoning them would make sense as they could stop a kill and would be harder to ignite. And cause chaos, I guess. I do wish I could read the low-justification vote on Tric and the hammer as alignment-indicative, but after round three I sympathise with Vector having a policy elim on Tric and expect the hammer from town!Vector.

Anyway, I bothered to respond to this because it was good, not because it was weak.
One wheel short of a wagon

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: November 14, 2021, 09:06:04 pm »

Why not?
You also haven't voted Vector yet.
Because I'm not ready for today to end.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 14, 2021, 09:08:22 pm »

Alright, I'll admit I have no fucking clue what's happening anymore.

Can I just be dead? Can I be dead like Tric? Can I trade places with Tric?

I'm already dead on the inside, can I also be dead on the outside?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 14, 2021, 09:10:33 pm »

Well, I'm having doubts about Vector, so I'll UNVOTE.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 14, 2021, 09:22:15 pm »

Hey, you know what? I'm a bit strained going through hundreds upon hundreds of posts trying to work out who is and isn't mafia, so my psionic powers aren't operating at their usual capacity. Maybe you can tell me when you want an ability clarified, rather than going for this passive-aggressive stuff? I thought you came from a confrontational culture, Max.
First of all, I wasn't being passive-aggressive. You weren't even around to ask, so I just stated that I wanted to hear the details, hoping you would see it when you came around. But I don't understand why you were so vague about it in the first place.
Anything else you want clarified? If you've asked me this, I've missed it in the endless posts, so I won't know until you tell me.
Yes, what does the ability EuchreJack claimed do, exactly? I only ever saw you describe the other two. I would just like a thorough explanation of the effects of each like I gave about Ember Tracking. "Priming gives someone the primed status" was actually fine.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 14, 2021, 09:32:59 pm »

This doesn't leave many options. Vector wants you gone, and from my perspective only you and Web are the only other players I would vote for besides Vector. I'm leaning more towards Web since I don't think you have much motivation to mention that I'm mechanically cleared if you're mafia. Who do you plan to vote for?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 14, 2021, 10:03:21 pm »

This doesn't leave many options. Vector wants you gone, and from my perspective only you and Web are the only other players I would vote for besides Vector. I'm leaning more towards Web since I don't think you have much motivation to mention that I'm mechanically cleared if you're mafia. Who do you plan to vote for?
In no way, shape, or form, are you mechanically cleared, for the same reasons that I'm not mechanically cleared, except you're EVEN LESS mechanically cleared because your Night 1 action is unconfirmed.

1. Being unable to be roleblocked is NOT bastard mechanics, there are a number of roles that are IMMUNE to actions, and plenty of roles that can do things through roleblocks. It's not rocket science. It's unlikely, but it is possible.
2. Prime to Poison is ALSO not bastard. There's no reason to think so.
3. I'm much more mechanically cleared than you are. My N1 and N2 action and targets are confirmed. My role is essentially confirmed. Your Night 1 target and action are unconfirmed. Only your N2 action and target are confirmed.
4. I can absolutely believe that Vector and EuchreJack are Town AND that you're scum. Doesn't make sense not to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 14, 2021, 10:21:57 pm »

To be clear, Roden is cleared as having not poisoned Vector N2.  Roden was roleblocked N2 by Toonyman.

There are only three options:
1) Vector is lying about being poisoned.
2) NJW poisoned Vector
3) I, EuchreJack, poisoned Vector

There is also the possibility of slow acting, slow detecting poison, but I'm going to disregard that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 14, 2021, 10:23:47 pm »

Or, like those other things Web mentioned, however Ascetic isn't applicable as Toonyman would know that his role-block failed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 14, 2021, 10:29:48 pm »

Also: I'm really surprised Web is getting scum read for Studying Max.  Town!Web is curious!Web, and can't help but check out the strange and mysterious powers that Max might have, rather than checking out NJW's lame Voyeur ability.  Really, I can't have been the only one that saw that coming.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 153