Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94490 times)

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 2): Cherished Spark Of Hope
« Reply #2085 on: January 23, 2022, 12:38:18 am »

Why would I care if your inventor claim is confirmed? How is that relevant?
Cop claim is relevant because we have a flipped miller. Inventor claim is totally different.
Because you might be able to ascertain whether or not ToonyMan is scum via the inventor claim.  Or "more likely scum" vs. "More Likely Town".
Why do you think ToonyMan gave me something?  Why not someone else?  Why not their scumbuddy?
Who needs a fake claim when your scum buddy can just GIVE you something to do?
Uhhh off the top of my head, reasons for giving a gift to town-Jack instead of to a scumbuddy:

1. He doesn't know who his scumbuddy is.
2. He knows you'd town-read him for giving you something.
3. He thinks you'll use it in an anti-town way.
4. The gift is cursed.
5. He's forced to give a gift to town, and their team tried to circumvent that by having Max kill you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 23, 2022, 12:38:44 am »

Because as crazy as I am, "Scum Cop" is a crazy assumption to make at 8p. Especially with so many unknowns. The truth is that his claim has earned him some slank cover. If he's still slanking at 5p then I'll be willing to reassess.
You know why those unknowns exist, right?

I can't be lying unless I'm mafia with Jack. Mafia have to be lying in this situation to account for the unknowns, therefore voting someone who could be lying sounds sensible to me.
Are you actually trying to imply that you cannot possibly be a mafia inventor??
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm not accounting for the unknowns. I've decided my choices are between the four players that are. I want to believe Roden so that leaves Toaster, Webadict, and you. Strangely enough these are most of the players I've been suspicious of this whole game!

PPE:
Seriously, the "unknowns" that people are basing the entire game on could both be explained by moderation quirks.
Just play Mafia please.
I try to present cases and people say they suck.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 23, 2022, 12:39:26 am »

How come Web isn't voting?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 23, 2022, 12:40:35 am »

Seriously, the "unknowns" that people are basing the entire game on could both be explained by moderation quirks.

1. The Roden "block" can be explained by either of them not understanding their role / result correctly.
2. The webadict 3rd person can be Max who was blocked but still counts as "targeting".

The most likely scenario here is that y'all are chasing after a couple of red herrings. I don't get why that's difficult to understand for the people in this game. Just play Mafia please.
Good points, especially in a Fallacy game.

Other than ToonyMan, what are your other suspects?

@ToonyMan: What are YOUR other suspects?

Maybe you two could agree to go after them instead of each other?  :'(

My PoE is Toony, Roden, Max, Toaster. If we're not killing Toony, I'd be most willing to eliminate Max today. I'll be honest, it would be nice to not have to wonder about whether the kill was stopped due to the jailkeep.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 23, 2022, 12:41:51 am »

Because as crazy as I am, "Scum Cop" is a crazy assumption to make at 8p. Especially with so many unknowns. The truth is that his claim has earned him some slank cover. If he's still slanking at 5p then I'll be willing to reassess.
You know why those unknowns exist, right?

I can't be lying unless I'm mafia with Jack. Mafia have to be lying in this situation to account for the unknowns, therefore voting someone who could be lying sounds sensible to me.
Are you actually trying to imply that you cannot possibly be a mafia inventor??
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm not accounting for the unknowns. I've decided my choices are between the four players that are. I want to believe Roden so that leaves Toaster, Webadict, and you. Strangely enough these are most of the players I've been suspicious of this whole game!

PPE:
Just play Mafia please.
I try to present cases and people say they suck.
By "play mafia" I mean vote for people other than me, obviously!   8)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 23, 2022, 12:41:52 am »

@ToonyMan: What are YOUR other suspects?
I'm only voting Magma, Toaster, or Webadict.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 23, 2022, 12:42:51 am »

It occurs to me, Toaster, that since you appear not to have read the previous rounds, you don't know that we've already had two setups where scum didn't actually have an immediate kill at all. It is extremely possible that the no-kill was not a choice.
I think we should wait for Magma Mater to confirm their action. I will unvote for now.

I don't think Toaster is scum here. I think it's very likely to be Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, or maybe Magma Mater.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 23, 2022, 12:44:17 am »

Toaster, since I'm not voting Max.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 23, 2022, 12:49:45 am »

Argument: Toaster read enough of the prior rounds to know this is a role heavy game where the chances of being targetted are high.  Then rolled Mafia Roleblocker Ascetic.
Knowing that if he said nothing he would be outed as an Ascetic, and fearing this would implicate him as mafia, he made the fake claim to control who targeted him.
Thus, Web's theory of Toaster not putting themselves out there doesn't work since Toaster was going to be outed Day 2 anyways if they stayed quiet.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 23, 2022, 01:02:25 am »

1. The Roden "block" can be explained by either of them not understanding their role / result correctly.
2. The webadict 3rd person can be Max who was blocked but still counts as "targeting".

The most likely scenario here is that y'all are chasing after a couple of red herrings. I don't get why that's difficult to understand for the people in this game. Just play Mafia please.

Toaster and webadict haven't walked back anything they've claimed about what you're suggesting.

How come Web isn't voting?

Yeah!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 23, 2022, 01:04:26 am »

We need to pick somebody. I don't want to screw around and get a no lynch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 23, 2022, 01:06:18 am »

Toaster or Webadict? Princess Choice

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 23, 2022, 01:07:06 am »

If it's between myself, web and Toaster then...
Toaster
The downside is that Jim will likely die tonight, but that might not be such a terrible thing, given his reads LOL

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 23, 2022, 01:14:08 am »

The downside is that Jim will likely die tonight, but that might not be such a terrible thing, given his reads LOL

Hey now, sometimes a player has great reads except one, and that one is you as scum when you're town.  It happens. Or are there other issues with Jim's reads?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 23, 2022, 01:15:02 am »

Toaster or Webadict? Princess Choice

No to Toaster.

I'm okay with webadict, but spoonfeed me with why Magma Mater isn't an option for you.

I don't see why Magma Mater is worth keeping around because he hasn't claimed yet.

If it's between myself, web and Toaster then...
Toaster

Oh wow a tie :|
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 153