Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 62629 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 1: Bright Moonfall
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2022, 11:34:18 pm »

"Well, I can't tell you what's best for you. I ain't that smart. But I don't think there's any harm in having those feelings."

"The real me, huh?" Misa muses as she continues to lead Mildred to the odd jobs stand.

"No, I'm me. Always me. But some of me consider doing things that a different me wouldn't."

"...I'm not the one at risk here. The risk is what I might decide to do to... certain other people." Misa pauses and sighs.

"I don't know what you know about my... family background, but mom married dad over, well, let's call it 'considerable objections'. I've been growing up with the fallout ever since."

"And I'm done with it."

Misa stops and considers things for a minute. "You know, I think you're the first person I've really talked to about this since I got to this city."

"Well, anyway." Misa points at a poster-board. "There's the odd job board."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2022, 07:31:38 am »

"Tickets? I couldn't...well, I suppose it's okay if you're offering."
"We'd be happy to cheer you on!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2022, 03:07:29 pm »

"Could even look up the newspapers if you wanted, Honda. She was all over them. Obviously they never caught her. And I get you. Didn't believe that some bookish teacher was actually a legendary street racer....'til mom confirmed it, of course. Crazy where life takes you."

"Yeah, maybe I'll throw a gauntlet at her sometime. See what happens."

"The real me, huh?" Misa muses as she continues to lead Mildred to the odd jobs stand.

Misa stops and considers things for a minute. "You know, I think you're the first person I've really talked to about this since I got to this city."

"I don't think there's anything wrong with standing up for yourself, or what your mom did. If there was a man I wanted to marry I'd go for it - though, I doubt my dad would object too much, and I don't give a rat's ass what my mom thinks. Not like I've spoken to her in over a decade."

"Well, anyway. If people are giving you trouble and you're afraid you might go too far, you can come to me, OK? I hate bullies and I'd be happy to help out. You seem like a real nice person."

On the last sentence quoted, Mildred thought for a moment.

"It's kind of rare for me to get to have a conversation like this, too. The only person I really talked to in Hermelin before all this happened was Kasuga - I didn't show up for class much, and when I did, well, people were scared of me. I guess I can see their point, and I'm not going to act like I've never started a fight in my life, but I don't just attack people for no reason. So, it's kinda nice to get a chance to talk to someone. Maybe be friends?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2022, 03:38:52 pm »

"Ah. I getcha."

Mildred winked with a finger to her lips. She knew all about keeping those people in line, and she'd bet Akutagawa knew a little bit about it too.

"I have a few knucklehead acquaintances like that myself."
"Speaking of, I should probably get moving. Who knows, maybe I'll get an excuse to beat the hell out of something and blow off steam that way." She prepared to leave, putting up the helmet and bat. Shiro paused near the exit. "And, uh. . . thanks for talkin' to me." The heiress/delinquent moved off before Mildred could complete a reply, hurrying away before she could embarrass herself further.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2022, 04:44:12 pm »

"It's kind of rare for me to get to have a conversation like this, too. The only person I really talked to in Hermelin before all this happened was Kasuga - I didn't show up for class much, and when I did, well, people were scared of me. I guess I can see their point, and I'm not going to act like I've never started a fight in my life, but I don't just attack people for no reason. So, it's kinda nice to get a chance to talk to someone. Maybe be friends?"
"Friends?"

Misa gives a slow smile. "Friends sounds good. I haven't had a friend in... well, a while."

Turning, Misa offers Mildred her hand. "Thanks."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2022, 10:23:46 pm »

"Speaking of, I should probably get moving. Who knows, maybe I'll get an excuse to beat the hell out of something and blow off steam that way." She prepared to leave, putting up the helmet and bat. Shiro paused near the exit. "And, uh. . . thanks for talkin' to me." The heiress/delinquent moved off before Mildred could complete a reply, hurrying away before she could embarrass herself further.

Mildred watched Shiro walk off, and then took up the helmet and bat. She might as well get some practice while she was there, and it was a good way to occupy her time while she reflected on the conversation. Either way, she thought she understood Shiro a little better now.

Misa gives a slow smile. "Friends sounds good. I haven't had a friend in... well, a while."

"Then friends it is!"

Mildred took Misa's offered hand with a grin and shook it.

"Oh, before I forget. Gotta exchange numbers! Mine's 555-9653. Feel free to call."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2022, 11:51:28 pm »

"Tickets? I couldn't...well, I suppose it's okay if you're offering."
"We'd be happy to cheer you on!"

"It's fine~!  Even if we're starting to get popular, it's not like we're some big Tokyo group.  Not yet, anyway.  We can afford to give a ticket or two out without risking someone's spot."

"This is just good advertisement, anyway.  The group gets most of its money from merchandise sales, especially from sales to the more dedicated fans.  If someone new like you is encouraged to come and decides to support us, they can always buy a button or two to show it."

"Besides~!  It's nice to have friends come to see you perform, right?  Making you smile is more than worth the price of a ticket, and I'm sure Aki-kun would agree~"

"Though, if you really wanna pay me back, you could always invite me out to karaoke some time!  I still need to figure out what sort of music Aki-kun likes, after all~  And even if you give in and tell me, I'd still have fun singing with you both."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 02:37:17 pm by Lucus Casius »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2022, 06:57:27 pm »

"You know what, next time we go out to karaoke? You're in. Everyone can come, in fact. Even Akari, although...I don't know if she likes karaoke all that much..."
"Still, it's nice to get to know new friends!"

Free Time draws to a close.
Spoiler: Final Earnings (click to show/hide)

Some time later....
[Now Playing: Ambient Theme 1 ~Rain~]

"You need to play with more spirit."
"Huh? What do you mean more spirit?"
"You know, a certain....je ne sais quoi."
"Here you go with the French again. What does that even mean?"
"It means....je ne sais quoi."

Otoya put down his cello, sighing. The moonlight was beginning to stream through the windows, as the evening approached. The two had been given special dispensation to remain at school at night, with Ms. Kurenai staying around to keep an eye on them. It was only for the duration of the tournament preparation for security reasons; a few other students were also being given the same privilege, such as Futaba and Sawatari, in preparation for the school play. A few Amamiya students were being allowed to come over, as well; Mishima among them.
"...you know, I think we've done all we can tonight. I'm pretty beat. Besides, I promised Rise I'd help her and Riku out tonight."
"Are you sure you're not just making an excuse to avoid practicing? You know, we're running out of time."
"Why would I avoid you?"
"D-Don't use flattery to avoid the question!"

Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupts the two. Otoya looks to Kanna.
"...do you know who that is?"
Kanna shakes her head. Otoya turned his back to her to open the door.

As he does so, the young woman felt her legs begin to give out under her, propping herself up with the piano she'd been practicing on. Kanna hissed as she trembled, waiting as she slid onto the chair in front.
"..."
"A little longer....please....I can't let go of this dream of mine. Not yet. I can't let go of Otoya...."

"Is she okay?"

The new voice drew Kanna's attention. She looked over to see a young man in an Amamiya uniform. He had an easy charm about him; he wasn't bad on the eyes, and he had the air of the kind of student anyone could get along with. Kanna was just about able to pull herself together.
"Huh?"
"Sorry. I noticed you were having a bit of trouble."
"I'm sorry, who are you?"
"Suigura Kazuya. I'm a transfer student from Amamiya. I was in the area and thought I'd have a little look around and I couldn't help but notice the beautiful music. My, my, you must be Miyazono and Sakurajima, right?"
"Yeah?"
"Yes?"
"Man! It's an honor to meet such genius musicians. You guys are known all over Japan, you know. The Genius Cellist himself...."
"Please don't call me that."
"Sorry. Not often you see celebrities in person, you know? Unless it's our very own Kanade Mishima, of course."
"Glad someone appreciates our skill. But....is there anything we can help you with?"

Kazuya took a glance over at Kanna, scanning back over towards Otoya.
"...no, I think I have what I need. Sorry to disturb you, by the way. I hope I wasn't interrupting something."
"....Eh?"
Kazuya laughed.
"You two will be pretty interesting to see. Ciao!"
He waved, walking away, as Otoya's eyes followed him. He turned back to Kanna.
"....that was weird. Sakurajima, are you okay? He mentioned you were having trouble."
Mori's words briefly rang in Kanna's head.
No. Not yet. Not until after the recital. I can't let go of that dream. Not yet.
She nodded.
"I'm fine, really. Let's get some moon cake before you see Rise and Riku. My treat!"
Otoya snorted.
"Your treat, huh? He must've had a point."
"Hey!"

However, as Kanna giggled, she could still see, in Otoya's eyes, a hint of concern.

As if he suspected something.

"Trust me, it's my treat."
"You know, it's my job to treat you, yes, Ri-kun?"

Riku rubbed the back of his head, grinning cheekily as he sat down in front of a ramen bowl, Rise with her own bowl. The two were eating at a ramen place in the Old Quarter, not far from Rise's home. A pile of Student Council work lay to the side, all cleared up. Touma had already done his part and gone home for the night; tomorrow, they'd need to re-check the numbers with Masaru but the work he'd done was enough.

"You're always having people's backs, you know. I decided to give you a little lift myself!"
"You're quite reliable, Ri-kun. I'm surprised you had the work done so quickly."
"Maybe you've rubbed off on me, Rise."

Rise smiled. Riku really was a cute guy.

"....say, Ri-kun."
"Hm?"
"Is there....someone you like?"

Riku's cheeks turned red.

"So direct! W-what makes you ask?!"
"Well...."

She placed the love letter she'd found earlier. At that, Riku blanched.

"I-I can explain! I'm sorry! I-It wasn't meant to be in there! I-I swear, I didn't mean a-anything about what was in it-!"
"I hadn't read it, Ri-kun."
"...huh?"
Riku sighed, relievedly.
"...you scared me, Rise. I thought you'd read it. I...don't know what I would've done if you did."
"I would never read something so private, Ri-kun. Don't worry. But....well, do you like someone?"

For a moment, Rise swore she saw Riku stare right at her, before his eyes flit away.
"Uh...maybe....I'll tell you some other time. It's kinda difficult to explain."
Rise smiled.
"I trust you, Ri-kun."
"....hehe, yeah...."

Unbeknownst to them, however, another student from their school was keeping a close eye on them.
"...."

Saya whistled to herself as she finished cleaning up her room. She was practically dancing around in her own room, a Coral Star Light tune playing in the background as she finished fixing her room.
"Gonna clean the room, doo doo do doo~ Gonna make everything real nice, doo do doo doo~"
Humming to herself to the tune of the music, her gaze fell on a picture of herself and Akihiko, stuck on the mirror. It was the two of them, last year, hanging out at the beach near the coast area downtown. That was a good day; one of a few that year for Akihiko.

"Akkun..."
As Saya stared at the picture, smiling at the memory it brought to her face, something changed, for a few brief seconds.

Something appeared in the mirror.

"...."

Saya jumped, as that....thing appeared in the mirror. Lunarian, whatever it had called itself, was here. But it looked....different?

The music was still playing, and whatever it was, had disappeared from the mirror as quickly as it had appeared. Saya stared, wide-eyed, at the mirror, it now reflecting Saya as it should have been.
"What was that?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2022, 08:04:25 pm »

Chapter 2: Lonely White Fields / Sorrow in the Temple Garden

~~Chapter Theme (Pursuing My True Self)~~

"Hm. Today's interesting, isn't it?"
Ms. Kurenai sat in front of Akihiko and Saya in the Helper's Club room, their request billboard rolled in beside them.
"Well, we have our usual requests. A pair of extra hands in the Computer Club, some Amamiya students asking for some help getting props over, one extra person to help fill out numbers for the Light Music Club while the guitarist recovers from a cold."
"Ooh! I could do that. I....actually know a little guitar."
"Really? Didn't you....quit that?"
"Ehehe..."

Ms. Kurenai nodded.
"However, we have two weird requests, too."
She passed the pair two pieces of paper, Saya and Akihiko picking up one each.
"This is...from....Miyazono? He wants us to help Tadano. Like....Student Council Tadano? He wants us to help cheer him up and give him some....relationship advice? From us two specifically, Aki-kun."
"Why would he be asking us two that?"
Ms. Kurenai lifted an eyebrow, looking at how close together Saya and Akihiko were sitting, practically on top of each other.
"Why indeed."
"Anyway, this other one's from Sakurajima. She says she wants to discuss this request in private, but that it has to do with her and Miyazono."
"Whoa, Sakurajima and Miyazono? Aren't those two musical geniuses?"
"Yeah, Miyazono was the Genius Cellist, back in the day. I did my reading. And Sakurajima...she's pretty well-known for her wild style. You'd think those two were like oil and water."
"I wonder why Sakurajima wanted to keep hers private?"

Ms. Kurenai shrugged.
"You'll have to ask her. I've got no real clue. However, I have confidence that these requests will require your full attention. As such, try to focus on one at a time."
She stands up, heading over to the kettle in the corner and pouring herself some hot tea, taking a calm sip.
"You may also need outside help. If you got anyone who you can call, get 'em. After all, our aim here at the Helpers' Club is?"
"To give a good greeting and help everyone we meet, no matter what!"
Ms. Kurenai almost smiles.
"Exactly. By the by, your club budget has arrived. Don't waste it."
The party receives 2000 yen.

It is currently lunchtime at Our Lady of Hermelin. Where are you and what are you doing?
//Everyone may post.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:41:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2022, 09:29:36 pm »

As per usual, Masaru Demura was in his classroom desk, a book and his lunch (if a set of onigiri could even be called that) sitting on top. Uncharacteristically, however, the book was unopened, and Masaru was not studying; he was working out in his head how he could have been more "evenhanded" in his exchange with the Computer Club president. He had gone over the scenario as many times as would be helpful in this juncture, and he had workshopped an alternate response if a scenario like this came again, but still, Koga-senpai's words still stuck with him.

This uncertainty was... uncomfortable. Normally he would try to merely improve the skillset he knew how to improve, but he was ahead in his studies anyways, and that impulse had begun to feel dangerously close to what Vasusena warned him about. No, he had to climb the mountain of "approachability" himself.

He considered consulting someone else on this matter. A teacher? No, they were hired to consult on academic matters, not this. Koga-senpai, or one of his fellow Kaijin? I can't afford to show too much weakness to them, especially Sawatari.

Hmm... perhaps Tadano. It's his elected duty to support the rest of the Student Council, after all, and this is a matter of my effectiveness in my position. It would be easiest to meet with him after their Student Council meeting; Masaru resolved to do so then.

It reoccurred to him that, while the Student Council meetings rarely lasted long, they might become a problem in the future, given his new obligations to the Helper's Club. He would need to negotiate an alternate meeting time for his new acquaintances if he did not want to be tardy for one or the other. Until then, he would need to be late for the newer obligation.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2022, 09:50:22 pm »

"Oh, before I forget. Gotta exchange numbers! Mine's 555-9653. Feel free to call."
Misa nods with a smile. "Right, let me just write that down... uh, mine is 555-4467. Feel free to call yourself though."

"To give a good greeting and help everyone we meet, no matter what!"
Ms. Kurenai almost smiles.
Suddenly, there's a knock on the club room's door.

Misa sticks her head in through the door. "Ummm... is the Helper Club still looking for new members?"
Forenia Forever!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:49 pm »

Masaru finds a text message, however, on his phone as he works. He finds it to be from Saya.
Two new requests for Helpers' Club. One about Tadano-kun. Do you know anything about it?

As Misa pokes her head in, Ms. Kurenai looks towards her.
"Ah. Someone showing up here wanting to join instead of having a request. Finally. Just put your name down on the clipboard by the entrance," she said, pointing to a clipboard on the table with Saya, Akihiko, and Riku's names on it. "And you'll be an official member."
"Hi, Miyashita! It's nice to see you're joining us for real!"
"Yeah. We're always recruiting. Take a seat. There's some tea in the back, if you want."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2022, 10:41:22 pm »

"I certainly hope that offer isn't only open to pretty girls, Kasuga." replied a voice from behind the doorframe, "The tea that is. I certainly have no interest in participating in your... you call it a club, right?"

Mori casually walked into the room as if he owned the place, smug grin painted on his face with all the subtlety of an air raid siren.

"I happened to have been walking by to discuss some matters in regards to props for the coming play when I heard some rather interesting information regarding a certain pair of celebrities," he continued, sitting down in one of the chairs and performing a small, cat-like, stretch.

"Cutting to the chase, I happen to have a vested interest in the relationship of Sakurajima Kanna and Miyazono Otoya." he stated, "As such, I insist that you deal with her request posthaste, and further, I will grace you will the favor of my presence in performing the task."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:45:40 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2022, 10:45:18 pm »

Akihiko scarcely misses a beat.
"You know acting like you don't care about the club would work a lot better if you didn't literally just tell us you were eavesdropping on our requests, and then offer to help us with a request. Damn chuunibyou."
"It really is nice to see you too, Sawatari. Aki-kun thinks so too, even if he doesn't wanna say it."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2022, 10:51:57 pm »

Mori huffed a bit before his face took on a more neutral look.

"Just because you don't care how others view you, Kasuga, doesn't mean the rest of us don't have appearances to keep up." he replied, "Fortunately, there's no one here I'm too concerned about how I'm viewed by, but being so blunt in front of people could damage the social standing of others, and many of us sincerely care about that. Keep that in mind so you don't end up hurting someone in the future."

He then let out a begrudging "It's not entirely unpleasant to see you both as well. And Miyashita."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:53:55 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85