Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63131 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 2: White Fields / Temple Garden
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2022, 12:31:59 am »

"You sound like an unrepentant douchebag, dude."

Mildred picked up a lunch tray absently and tested its' weight idly, not even looking at the new guy.

"You wanna know how I got that name?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2022, 01:46:08 am »

"Hold yourself. You are on the school premises." Masaru, too, had a look of annoyance. Not because of Sugiura's demeanor, but because he was able to recognize a non-student and a previously one-member club president, but not him. Clearly, he needed to set a reputation.

"A pleasure to meet you. My name is Demura Masaru. Treasurer of Our Lady of Hermelin's Student Council, with the number-one highest exam score among first year students."

"I understand if you could not recognize me; my career is young, and I have yet to learn to become a legend. But I suggest you pay attention nonetheless, for my will is ahead of the inevitability of effort."

Of all of Demura Masaru's impeccable capabilities, one was more considerable than all the others: he was perhaps the only human being capable of being unironically proud for writing and giving this very speech.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2022, 08:18:47 am »

Sakurajima Team
Kanna pauses for a few seconds, as if considering Mori's words.

Then she starts giggling.
"Is this what Ri-kun says I sound like to other people? You really remind me of Majima-senpai, you know."
"Granted, she'd be a lot more casual about it, you know? At least she was. She got good news, you know. Her disease, whatever it was....it went away. Maybe if I act more like her, some of her luck will rub off on me?"

Kanna laughs, a little bitterly.

"But....there's a reason I'm doing things the way I am. Otoya....he's had a hard life. He never asked for fame, he never asked for tragedy. I suppose that makes me so selfish, wanting to be in his life....but he made it worth living for me."
"I...I won't be responsible for letting him shed a tear on my behalf. I don't want him to worry about me. He deserves to smile, even a little. If I can make sure he smiles, for as long as I can, I'll make it happen. It's why I'll keep it a secret, as long as I can, until I can't anymore. I'll tell him then."
"You don't have to tell me to seize the day, Sawatari. When any day could be your last, it's what I think of doing every single day. Maybe Majima-senpai rubbed off on me a little; seeing someone in the same condition as me, still playing tournaments and going out, enjoying herself...I wish I could've been like her a lot earlier."

"You're right. You almost couldn't tell."

Tsukasa approaches the two.
"She was....absolutely ridiculous. Played stupid pranks. Did what she wanted. Approached someone like me and dragged me into it."
"Sakurajima's right. It....makes you almost wish you were a little more like her."

Tadano/Miyazono Team
Sugiura eyes the tray, raising his hands.
"Hey, hey, no need for violence, it was meant respectfully. I'm tight with Akutagawa. He can't stop talking about how cool you are, so I wanted to see for myself."
Then Masaru speaks.
"Ah, you're one of those rising stars kinda dudes. Keep it up, you'll get somewhere."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 26, 2022, 08:19:18 am »

". . . what do you mean, why? It's tradition. We're a noble bloodline, I can trace my lineage back for centuries."

"Well, sure, but... Looking back that far, I'm pretty sure most of my ancestors were fishermen.  That doesn't mean I go out on a boat to hunt for tuna every day.  Things change, and what people were 'used to doing' might not be the 'thing to do' nowadays."

"Probably for the best.  I've never really liked fishing that much~"

"So I guess I don't really get worrying about ancient history. If I really wanted to honor my family, I'd probably just do what I was going to do anyway and sing about the sea."

"It's much more 'me,' y'know~?  I don't think things would mean as much if that wasn't true."

Aika paused, then waved her hands apologetically as if to dismiss what she'd just said, giving Shiro an embarrassed smile.

"Ah, but that's not to say you're wrong!  I might not really get the details, but maybe it feels different if you're from one of those old traditional families."

"And I guess I do understand the desire to keep a certain image.  Seems like branding is as important for ex-nobility as it is for corporations and idols, huh?  That's why I made sure to have input on what my image would be."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:03:54 am by Lucus Casius »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 26, 2022, 09:49:07 am »

"Well, as I said, no judgement from me," Mori replied, his haughty air returning as if it had never left, "Though I'll add one thing. There is nothing quite as cold and painful in life as truth. Even death is only so terrible because it is the ultimate truth, 'all things, once born, shall die'. No matter when Miyazono learns the truth he will suffer. The only question is, will he have to suffer it alone, or have someone to bear it with him?"

Mori turned around, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He then turned around, blinking and looking confused.

"Right, sorry, I think I zoned out for a few minutes." He said to Kanna, voice sounding entirely genuine, "Are we ready to work on the video?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 26, 2022, 10:35:11 am »

"That sounds like such a sad way to look at things, isn't it? The truth doesn't have to be so sad. Sometimes it can be liberating. O-of course, not right NOW. I think...I need to find the right time for Otoya to know."
"Hmph. You just sound like Yui now, too."
"Aww. Are you falling in love, Kazami-sen~pai?"
"I already have two annoying girls in my life. I don't need a third one," he said wistfully.

Then the video.
"Didn't we just record it? Were you recording?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 26, 2022, 11:57:09 am »

Mori looked at the camera.

"Yes, it seems we did," he replied, "Well, pity I don’t remember any of it. I’m certain some of that information might have been very interesting."

He walked away from the camera and sat down on a nearby chair, pulling out his phone.

”Now then, why don’t you all get to the cooking work, I have some things to think on.”
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:10:04 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 26, 2022, 01:19:25 pm »

Yui calmly witnessed all of that unfolding before her eyes, albeit with held-back tears. A lot of it was like in those Shojo mangas, a dying confession, except, in a way, in reverse, to be received after the passing. It somehow made the entire situation even more sad for her, seeing Kanna spilling out her heart, yet not reaching out to him yet.

She didn't know how to express that though without ruining the mood, though. That is, until...

"That sounds like such a sad way to look at things, isn't it? The truth doesn't have to be so sad. Sometimes it can be liberating. O-of course, not right NOW. I think...I need to find the right time for Otoya to know."

"... Like while eating your homemade dinner together?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 26, 2022, 09:22:32 pm »

"Eh? I can't cook that well, though..."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2022, 02:02:49 am »

"Well, Kasuga and Aiuchi will teach you then as Kazami and I have a chat outside." Mori replied, getting up from his chair and sliding his phone into his pocket as he walked towards the door of the home economics room. He paused once his hand was on the handle, and turned to look Tsukasa directly in the eyes.

"I hope you'll be willing to join me outside. I've been having trouble with something for about a week now and I was hoping you'd be able to help me with it, given you are my senpai." He stated, "I thought perhaps to wait until I had a better idea for myself, but some new information has made the questions perhaps more pressing."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:05:32 am by Smoke Mirrors »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2022, 08:27:41 am »

"Well, as Sawatari-san said, we're here to help you cooking anyway, so why not teach you a thing or two along the way? It'll be fun, trust me!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2022, 08:43:11 am »

". . . if you want to call it 'branding,' then sure." Mishima might have gotten it, much to her chagrin, but she didn't think Aika understood at all. She was well-liked and had a career already that ensured she'd stay that way, and no crushing weight of tradition on her. "And it probably wouldn't feel like 'ancient history' if you were me. It was current when my family first became nobility, and it was current each time the reins were handed to the next generation. That means it'll be current when Renjirou takes over as the head of the family."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2022, 09:47:07 am »

Sakurajima Team
"Eh? Well, why not. Maybe Otoya would stop giving me such a hard time about buying food if I could cook, huh?"

Tsukasa just stands up and follows Mori.
"If it's about Mishima, don't bother asking me."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2022, 10:19:10 am »

"I can assure you, it's not" Mori replied as they both stepped outside the door.

"So, I'm going to ask you what could be a personal question," Mori continued, "Which you will refuse to answer. So then I'll remind you that in this situation, we're on the same side, and then ask again, and it will be up to you to answer or not. Let's skip ahead a bit to the reminder portion. True or False: We would both significantly prefer Sakurajima Kanna to live rather than die?"

Inside his mind, Mori started comparing Tsukasa’s voice and body language to Gawain’s.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:18:21 am by Smoke Mirrors »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2022, 12:09:54 pm »

"You're asking like I have any choice if she lives or dies."
The voice....maybe. It's a close match, for certain. The body language, however, completely off. Gawain stands tall, fierce, confident. Tsukasa looks and sounds reserved and calm. Maybe with a hint of awkwardness; if those rumours about him were true, he was the uncool kid before Yui and Kanade got their hands on him. There's still some of that in him, perhaps.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:12:09 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85