Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63125 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1035 on: September 18, 2022, 08:34:01 pm »

"You're worried about Kitakawa finding us, yes? Well I am as well, as I'm largely useless in any form of physical confrontation." Mori stated, "However, fortunately for all of us, I do have certain cards up my sleeve, though this is one I'm only so willing to use due to the urgency of the situation."

Mori held his hand out like he was reaching for something in that air.

"Now this may seem a bit... frightening, but I assure you it's entirely normal, at least for me." he added “Seize Power. Seize What’s Mine. Seize Everything. Reynart.”

Mori's form was wrapped in blue flames as he shifted, his body reduced to a shadow, a yukata wrapping around him, and a mask and sword forming in place. However, once they were done, the blue flames didn't disappear. He willed them to remain as the mask and sword faded away, the yukata turned back into his hoodie, and his body reformed.

Or at least appeared to.

"Now I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but if possible, I'd like to explain on the move." Mori said, getting up, "I'd rather be in a more secure location."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 18, 2022, 09:25:14 pm »

"Oh God damn it, he can teleport?! And out of the barrier Sugiura put on the place, too. Come on, we ain't got time to lose! Chase the bastard down!"

Mildred ran outside, still in full Proioxis glory, and started looking left and right to find her quarry. It didn't take long to feel Kasuga flare up in power, and the fact he was clearly visibly fighting Jack not too far down the street helped identify where the stalker had went.

"You stupid son of a bitch, you ain't getting away from us that easily!"

Mildred ripped the nearest lamppost out of the ground and, couching it like a lance, charged at Jack.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 19, 2022, 04:13:06 pm »

Club Group (Saya, Riku, Yui, Misa)
"Y-yeah. We should tell Koga-senpai. Come on, let's move!"
As the party arrives at the Student Council room, they find Koga and Nanjou, quietly working away.

"Oh. Hello. I didn't expect you guys to come back so quick."
"..."
"We actually had a related issue that we felt should be brought to the student council being shared with us when Tadano arrived. The rumors about Yagami being somewhere around in disguise have reportedly attracted a stalker of hers, which I think we can all agree is undesirable." Misa makes a grossed out gesture at the mention of a stalker.

"The Helper's club has been asked to warn Yagami about this, so if you know who she is, could you pass on that warning? And in general it was felt this was an issue we should at least inform you of."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 19, 2022, 06:22:00 pm »

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
Akihiko ducks a swipe from Jack, Jack's long spindly limbs putting Akihiko off balance. In the distance, you can see people running away from the fight, some people staying at what might be a slightly too-close distance to take videos for YouTube.

"Honda! What the hell is this guy?!"
"So many of you....you don't get it!"

Kitakawa swipes at Akihiko again, but this time, Akihiko is ready. He parries the swipe with a flaming fist, the strength behind it almost shoving Akihiko to the ground. Fortunately, Akihiko only has to hold for a few seconds.

Mildred's lamppost smashes into Kitakawa, the lamppost buckling and bending upon contact. The gangly demon stumbles aside, shaking his head as Akihiko follows up Mildred's attack with a roundhouse kick to the ribs, smashing him into the curb. Kitakawa crawls backwards, trying to get distance between him and the three Kaijin.

"So many demons....he didn't tell me there would be so many of you..."

Popular Group (Aika, Mori)
At this, Yagami's eyes visibly widen.
"Y-you're....a Kaijin?"

Mishima seems....entirely unsurprised.
"...."

At that, Koga's expression visibly tenses.

"A stalker? Do we know who it is? Is there anyone else we need to call? Nanjou, write that down."
"..."
Nanjou quietly and dutifully writes it down.
"Who else knows?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1039 on: September 19, 2022, 06:54:09 pm »

"Who is 'he?' Better talk quick unless you want me to split your skull with this." Pyrrha raises her fist, shining brilliantly once more.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 19, 2022, 07:27:14 pm »

"Honestly, knowing me, is it really so hard to think of me being a demon?" Mori chuckled, "But seriously, yes. Ordinarily, I would have transformed somewhere more private, but at the moment I'm sleep-deprived to the point of feeling half dead, so I'm putting other people's safety in front of my secrets like an idiot. Anyway, transformed I have enhanced physical abilities as well as access to some useful powers that I can use to deal with Kitakawa if he comes near. Of course, hopefully, it won't come to that, but best to be prepared."

"I imagine I don't need to explain that this information doesn't leave this room?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 07:35:57 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 19, 2022, 10:54:53 pm »

"I don't know! He's not quite a Kaijin and he ain't quite a demon either. He is a piece of shit though and he's gonna get what he deserves!"

Mildred followed Jack over as he crawled away and raised the lamppost over her head, ready to bring it down on him.

"You better answer her question or I'm beating you with this until the metal breaks."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 02:54:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:12 am »

At that, Koga's expression visibly tenses.

"A stalker? Do we know who it is? Is there anyone else we need to call? Nanjou, write that down."
"..."
Nanjou quietly and dutifully writes it down.
"Who else knows?"

"Kaname came to ask to ask if we could find Yagami and warn her about the issue. She was actually under the impression that you might be her, but Tadano said you certainly weren't, so..." Misa shrugs. "But this certainly seemed like something we should tell you about. If Yagami actually is here, she deserves her privacy, right?"
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 21, 2022, 06:50:04 pm »

At that, Kitakawa lets out a raw, dry laugh.

"...you think I'm scared?"
"Letting Jack out....is the best feeling in the world."

The ground beneath Kitakawa suddenly begins to change form, asphalt and concrete giving way to rain-stained brick and stone. Once again, you feel the air around you thicken, the colors around you intensify, the textures around you feel wrong and off. You almost expect Onibi to attack you, here.

Once again, you feel surrounded by a Domain, despite being firmly in the real world.

Before you can do anything, the ground opens beneath Kitakawa, and he slips below. Akihiko is the first to try to dash for him, but it's no use; the last thing you see of Kitakawa is the twisted rictus of his face before he slips underneath, the ground closing above him and returning to the asphalt.

Unlike before, however, where the atmosphere of the Domain disappeared the moment Kitakawa did, the area still feels like a Domain. Akihiko stays alert, fists clenched. Somehow, some way, you can still sense Kitakawa nearby.

"....never seen a Kaijin pull that off before. What the hell...."

Your eyes are suddenly drawn to Nene, having emerged from the metalcraft store. She stands there, visibly shocked.
"...Kaijin? Here?"
"Stay back! There's still a monster nearby! You'll get hurt if you get in the way!"

"N-no but....what? Do you mean to say there's an Akuma after me?"

Koga nods.

"I see. Nanjou, I think we might have records on the students. I'd normally avoid opening those, but this is an emergency situation."
"...okay."

Nanjou stands up without a word, and heads into the other room to look for the records.

"Is there anything else we should know about this?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 21, 2022, 07:56:21 pm »

"No, no. I apologize, I did not mean to worry you with that." Mori replied, "I meant only to say that I am too weak and squishy to deal with even an above-average human, and on the chance that we do happen to encounter Kitakawa, I wanted to have the means of stopping him or at least getting you to safety. There's no need to fear."

"Admittedly," he thought "If that toad is behind this, it's possible that he might turn Kitakawa into an Akuma, but given he's been targeting students, including non-aggressive ones like Akitsuki, Miyazono, and Sakurajima, it's possible he wants to use the stress of her stalker being here to transform Yagami into an Akuma, so I need to try to keep her from worrying too much."

"Besides, if there was an Akuma, I assume I'd have news of one by now, and it would actually make avoiding him easier, since he'd be stuck in one spot."

He shot a glance at Mishima, as if to say "right?", before sending a test to Akihiko.

Hey, what's the situation with Kitakawa?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 21, 2022, 08:50:46 pm »

"You've got to get out of here, right now. That stalker is some weird not-Kaijin not-Akuma sonuvabitch and I have no idea where he went, so the further away you get from where we last saw him the better."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 24, 2022, 03:31:13 pm »

Nene just stands there, clearly terrified.
"What am I supposed to do? I can't....I didn't think an Akuma..."

The area ripples from time to time. The Kaijin can feel Kitakawa behind those ripples, like water underneath which a shark is lurking.

"Shinomiya, get the hell out of here!"
"Where can I run? He's already here....."

"Good choice, Shinomiya. You can keep Fuu-chan company."

Suddenly, the floor behind Nene opens up.

"You shouldn't have helped her run."

Fast as lightning, Kitakawa shoots up, arms grabbing Nene. The girl visibly struggles, but with his wiry strength, she cannot break loose. His cape opens up into an unnatural blackness, and Kitakawa yanks her into it. Nene disappears from sight, no longer visible.

"Exactly what I needed. Thank you for bringing her to me."
"Let her go, dammit!"

Akihiko rushes towards him, fist surging with flames, but before he can reach him, Kitakawa springs upwards, landing on the roof of the building with a mocking salute.

"Now, for Fuu-chan...I'm sorry. You'll all just have to wait."

With that, he sprints away, across the rooftops of Mishima. Akihiko  looks back towards Mildred and Shiro.
"He's heading for Hermelin. We need to get there first. Damn it!"

Mildred is keenly aware of a pair of motorcycles parked nearby. If there's a faster way of getting to Hermelin....

Mori gets no reply. This could mean one of two things. Either his phone is off....or he's in Kaijin form and is busy fighting for his life. One hopes it's the former.

"I can't say for sure, Yagami-senpai, but....as long as Sawatari and I are here, you have nothing to fear."
"What's your plan? Where are we going?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 25, 2022, 12:19:01 am »

Mildred, with a blast of wind, depowered.

"Quick, on the back, Kasuga! Akari, I trust you know how to ride one!"

She jumped on the closer one and quickly hotwired it - she was familiar enough with the brand to know most could be started that way, and there was no time to seek out the owner and shake them down for keys. She'd just return it later - assuming the vehicle survived, of course, because she was equally as likely to just park it as she was to use it to beat Jack's skull in.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1048 on: September 27, 2022, 11:48:10 pm »

Shiro acknowledged Mildred with a grunt. She didn't bother depowering, simply mimicking Mildred's actions with her own, much lesser knowledge and a significantly less careful touch. She wasted no time in rocketing off once she managed to get the thing rolling, uncaring about the fact that she was just scooting around in broad daylight in Kaijin form. It would genuinely be less trouble for her later this way.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 29, 2022, 06:15:49 pm »

"Assuming I was correct in the assumptions made so far, Kitakawa probably knows to come to the school, meaning staying could mean he knows where to find us. Not to mention the school security kind of sucks." Mori thought, "However, given we don't know where he is, if we leave to go to a more secure location, there's the possibility we could run into him on the way, so it's a matter of gambling on where he might be, and knowing my luck, it isn't a gamble we'll win"

"Given the information currently available, I think we're safest staying here, unless either of you know somewhere significantly more secure we can get into quickly." Mori said, before turning to Yagami, "By the way, can you let me know if you've felt any of these lately? Sudden pain in the back of your neck, chills, cold pain in the back of your neck, fatigue and weakness, etc."

He sent a text to Saya.
"Hey, it's Sawatari. Don't ask how I got your number, it's not important now. Kaname hired me to help out. I just texted Kasuga to see how things are going on his front and he didn't respond, so I'm a bit worried that this is turning into a bad situation. I need you and the rest of the Helper's Club to be ready in case I need you."

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85