Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Lords of Mafia - Game Over, Distant Third Victory!  (Read 11661 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 2 - Three Candidates Still Remain (6/7)
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2022, 03:02:30 pm »

... Toony's the DT Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2022, 03:28:47 pm »

@ToonyMan: What about the fact that Max didn't post the entire game?
Are we going to argue the lack of existence of facts over the existence of facts?

We can say whatever we want about Max, but unlike Max I can actually say things about what others have posted and done.

I think Max is the safest vote here for my team, but they're also unlikely to be the DT based on what I've seen. Does that make sense? Each Candidate only has two Supporters, not three. The Webadict wagon and death happened for a reason.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2022, 03:30:42 pm »

... Toony's the DT Jack.
Say what you want, but I have a funny feeling some players will be unwilling to vote me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 03:35:29 pm »

... Toony's the DT Jack.

Probably, but your idea of eliminating the opposing candidate makes sense.
Once we eliminate the opposing candidate, I as your candidate can silently kill the DT, rather than having to post it publicly.

So we vote the candidate, then I'll shoot the DT.

I feel bad voting someone that didn't even play the game, but Max

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2022, 03:38:33 pm »

Note: Unless we get lucky with the DT supporting our vote, we'll be going for an end-of-day most votes.
1 Candidate A
2 Supporters of Candidate A
1 Candidate B
1 Supporter of Candidate B
1 DT

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2022, 04:20:01 pm »

ToonyMan/TricMagic/EuchreJack I think are roughly aligned with my team but between them one of them is the distant third. If I had to pick I'd have to choose between ToonyMan or TricMagic.
I think there's a very good chance the DT is one of you three.

Jack happily hammered Webadict, which is why I think they're either the DT or a confident Supporter. The DT will hammer anybody, while a Supporter could fairly confidently hammer another player.

In addition, there was a good chance Webadict was a Candidate. The DT would be eliminating three players in one fell swoop. Jack was the one that dropped the hammer which is why it bothers me the most compared to you or Tric.

The reason why DT!Jack can't shoot two players right now, is because they don't know for sure who the Candidate is inside NQT/Max or who the Candidate is inside Tric/Toony/Jim. I believe I can safely deduce the teams are such based on the Webadict wagon.

If Jack isn't the DT, then...it's probably you Jim. You were just as happy to go for the Webadict kill as the third vote before Jack. I will continue to underestimate Tric until it bites me, but I don't think it's him. On that much, I agree with Webadict.

I would be very surprised if Jack was the DT. If it was him and you and me and I had to cast the game winning vote, ten out of ten times I vote you.

But if it's between you, me, TricMagic, and EuchreJack, I still have a hard time picking between you and TricMagic.

... Toony's the DT Jack.

Well that's interesting. I'm not sure if this helps me figure out which of the two of you is the DT though. Flipping between voting Jack and then aggressively buddying him causes me concern.

... Toony's the DT Jack.

Probably, but your idea of eliminating the opposing candidate makes sense.
Once we eliminate the opposing candidate, I as your candidate can silently kill the DT, rather than having to post it publicly.

So we vote the candidate, then I'll shoot the DT.

I feel bad voting someone that didn't even play the game, but Max

I don't hate this plan. I'm still not completely convinced who the DT is between TricMagic and ToonyMan but being able to fire the kill off privately means we can off one of them with the kill and the other with votes.

Actually, no, this is a terrible plan. If it's four of us, two supporters, one candidate, one DT, if the kill misses and hits a supporter, then the DT can fire off their kill and it doesn't even matter who they hit since they hit the candidate or win the game by being alone with a candidate without any supporters.

On the other hand, killing the DT now gives then two vengekills and depending on how good of a shot they are they could win the game immediately, win the game for one of the candidates, or just whiff completely. In the whiff completely scenario it will be 1v2 for either candidate and essentially whichever side fires off their kill or votes the other candidate faster wins.

I guess on thinking it through eliminating the opposing candidate is the less volatile strategy, just don't miss and hope the DT does.

Maximum Spin it is.

I don't feel that bad about lynching somebody who hasn't even posted.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 1 - Bickering on the forum (7/7)
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2022, 04:38:00 pm »

The ironic thing is, checking back I now think I should have been voting Web, which means that either his candidate or his fellow supporter or both accidentally bussed him.

I legit think half the players are seriously confused here. Moreover, EuchreJack's analysis of the remaining players has shown that he doesn't know who any of the real candidates are and so is clearly the Distant Third.

Everyone, EJ has scumslipped here. It should be obvious to the two of you who are on my team.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2022, 05:42:33 pm »

The power in basically my whole town had been out for the last three days. I'm working on catching up now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2022, 05:51:07 pm »

@Max: What is your 90% truth on this?
I can offer you 100% truth: I am not the Distant Third.

Actually, I see no reason not to acknowledge that I am a supporter of the one true candidate, Candidate B. The B is for Best.

Still catching up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2022, 05:55:01 pm »

@Max: What is your 90% truth on this?
I can offer you 100% truth: I am not the Distant Third.

Actually, I see no reason not to acknowledge that I am a supporter of the one true candidate, Candidate B. The B is for Best.

Still catching up.

... that does sound exactly what a Leading Candidate for Lord of Mafia would say.

But continue.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2022, 06:00:43 pm »

"Mass Report" Count:
EuchreJack - 1 - notquitethere
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 2 - Jim Groovester, EuchreJack,
notquitethere - 0 -
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic
TricMagic - 0 -
No Report - Maximum Spin, ToonyMan

4 reports for Majority

Day Ends 1:00 PM on Sunday, April 24th (GMT -7) ~45 hours from now

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2022, 06:04:13 pm »

Of the available options... Uh, I guess I think ToonyMan is the most likely to be the DT, but ToonyMan as the last non-voter would then be obliged to untie the vote to my detriment so... anyone voting for me want to entente?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2022, 06:20:02 pm »

Here, allow me. Toonyman

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2022, 06:28:15 pm »

Well, okay. ToonyMan.

I don't trust anyone that hammers though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2022, 06:41:23 pm »

If ToonyMan is the DT is it better to make him take his shots now, or after the opposing candidate is eliminated?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Alright fuck it let's see what happens.

ToonyMan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10