Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 53465 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!
« Reply #990 on: November 19, 2023, 09:06:51 pm »

I didn’t even know who Ben Shapiro was until I watched some of those “AI presidents playing computer games” videos.

I’ve never listened to him in reality, only in the AI caricature.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 19, 2023, 10:14:56 pm »

Oh, you need to hear the Behind The Bastards podcast episodes about his books. They're incredibly funny and it's remarkable how Shapiro, being an editor, is a terrible, horrible, awful writer.

He's also just like a terrible, horrible, awful person that got popular for gish galloping children at college debates and wrote papers advocating, like, turning the middle east into glass in his early twenties. Oh, and the internet is super horny for his adult kid sister who's hard into the tradwife stuff.

Leaving her aside, he's a stupid bitch.

take a bullet for you, babe
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:52:39 am by None »

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 19, 2023, 11:53:25 pm »

He's also the type of insecure manchild who has legions of insecure manchildren willing to spam report people pointing out things like that he's a stupid bitch.

I had him blocked forever and both times I've been banned from shitter it's been when his shit got unblocked and I had to quip that he is and always will be a stupid bitch.

Also... how is he old enough to have an adult kid? His poor unsatisfied wife* had to crap out his shitty kid?

Baffling, dude looks like he's 12.

*HIlariously, he and that Peterson douche have repeatedly talked about how women don't enjoy sex, don't get wet, only pretend to get off, etc, etc, etc.
This is not a signature.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 20, 2023, 08:49:26 am »

Baffling, dude looks and acts like he's 12.
ftfy
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 20, 2023, 11:13:57 am »

YouTube tired me off with Peterson and, more disgustingly,  Tate in my Youtube shorts, despite me telling Google to stop.

If Peterson may be understandable with his takes about the war in Ukraine (which can be summarized as: Ukrainians, surrender already because nuclear war bad), why the algorithm decided I want to see a disgusting sex trafficker is beyond my understanding

Twitter X is still better for avoiding content you don't want... but I am sure the "genius" will "fix" this.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

tps12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 22, 2023, 06:55:11 am »

Also... how is he old enough to have an adult kid? His poor unsatisfied wife* had to crap out his shitty kid?

Baffling, dude looks like he's 12.

Yeah he's like 40, and was famously a proud adult virgin in the Bush era, I think it's his sister people are horny for.

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 22, 2023, 06:58:17 am »

I'd like that stricken from the record... and my mind.
This is not a signature.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 24, 2023, 11:38:17 am »

If Peterson may be understandable with his takes about the war in Ukraine (which can be summarized as: Ukrainians, surrender already because nuclear war bad)
oh, jesus, is that really his take? if I hadn’t already lost the respect I used to have for him a good while ago, I’d lose it right here and now

I swear he’s just being a contrarian, these days
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 24, 2023, 03:02:08 pm »

If Peterson may be understandable with his takes about the war in Ukraine (which can be summarized as: Ukrainians, surrender already because nuclear war bad)
oh, jesus, is that really his take? if I hadn’t already lost the respect I used to have for him a good while ago, I’d lose it right here and now

I swear he’s just being a contrarian, these days

Well, I hyperbolized (Peterson is anything but a guy who speaks in simple slogans) but yeah, he talks a lot about the dangers of possible nuclear war and how Russia should be negotiated with not antagonized.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #999 on: November 24, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »

What I like about Peterson is that his rhetorical style and tone of voice make him easy to imitate for comedy routines since he basically sounds like Kermit the frog doing anything but answer a question for 30 minutes

Interview: Eyyy Peterson do you like donuts
Kermit the frog: Well... It depends on exactly what you mean by donuts... If we examine the epistemology of donuts we come across several different symbolisms which one person may call a donut... Does a donut need a hole, for example? Most people would agree a donut needs a hole, but I just bought a donut that was filled with jam and had no hole. But if we define that as also being a donut, where does a donut begin and a cake end? Is a dry donut really just a bagel? So you're really being overly-reductive, in that you're asking a black or white question looking for a black or white answer, in what is a highly grey situation...

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 24, 2023, 05:01:11 pm »

Yeah, I went for years without knowing he sounds like Kermit.

So it's like, Kermit(derogatory) for Peterson vs Kermit(affectionate) for that Bandholz beard guy.
This is not a signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 30, 2023, 06:35:45 am »

Quote from: You know who...
What this advertising boycott is going to do is it's going to kill the company,

The whole world will know those advertisers killed the company, and we will document it in great detail.

Displacement! I think some people are surprised it hasn't been killed off before this episode (of him reposting antisemetic memes, then having to backpedal furiously). If it doesn't survive, it may yet be a death of a thousand cuts, but he's ultimately provided most of the blades... Next year/month/week it might be a different 'block' to rant at, as the external force to blame for everything. As it was other things before now (everyone from Twitter staff themseves, on up...).

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 30, 2023, 06:56:15 am »

At this point I want Twitter to die its final death specifically so more people come to Mastodon. We could use more users. :P
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 30, 2023, 07:29:08 am »

Sadly, what is most likely to happen is that X will be bought by someone else, who will promptly change its name back to Twitter and hire back most of the people fired.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 01, 2023, 01:12:35 am »

I doubt it because he's done so much to it at this point that it's reputation is complete garbage and they'd be better off making a whole new site and starting from scratch, which would probably be way cheaper than buying it for whatever ungodly sum of money he'd want for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69