Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34891 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Shake Up The Balance
« Reply #900 on: July 22, 2022, 08:14:40 am »

PfP again

Also Bleed Out says it kills at the end of the Night, not the end of the next Day.
If it kills at all, we can't trust what you say.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 22, 2022, 08:20:47 am »

webadict: In a situation such that one town player is left alive, and one mafia player is left alive, does endgame occur if the town faction possesses two votes and the mafia faction possesses one?
Yes, the game ends immediately. The Mafia's goal is to equal or outnumber the Town in Beginner Mafia. This means that the Town possessing Roleblocks, Kills, extra or missing votes, or Kill Immunity will NOT stop the Mafia win condition, as it would in other games I run. This is mostly for sanity's sake, and so that Miseliminate and Lose and Eliminate or Lose are more clearly defined.

I've also been quite busy, but this is Miseliminate and Lose, sorry for not making that clear. That means a miselimination could lead to an immediate loss, should the Mafia successfully Kill someone Tonight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 22, 2022, 10:13:35 am »

PfP again

Also Bleed Out says it kills at the end of the Night, not the end of the next Day.
As mentioned before, my auto ability prevents my mafiakill abilities from killing.

Didn’t expect the win condition change, gotta be honest. Still it’s good to know.

If we decide to no execute, I’m mugging Tric again. I doubt he has another roleblock bypass. That should confirm him as scum.

Only me or Tric can be mafia at this point. Lidku’s self vote means that he was unlikely to have been tutored in chat by an experienced player, which leaves me (insane) or Tric (inexperienced). Lenglon or Spin would never advocate a self vote.

Unfortunately if I’m executed and I’m town, there’s a 50 50 we lose, based on whether or not Spin hides versus who Tric chooses to kill. This also applies if Tric is executed and I’m the last mafia.

Ultimately the 50 50 is biased in Tric’s favor, since he may be able to pull an ability out of nowhere to let him break it.

Tric’s claimed role fits the power level shown by Lidku’s role much better than mine does. I have middle grade utility and that’s it. Tric has whatever he wants.

Anyways. I’ll stake my confidence on TricMagic being the last scum. I don’t believe anyone else would let Lidku self vote.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 22, 2022, 10:16:52 am »

I don’t believe a No Execute is productive at this point in the game. But if y’all want to narrow things down to three players by forcing Tric to kill, I’ll go for it. I just don’t think it’ll change much.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2022, 10:18:00 am »

Posting from phone. I’ll get to Lenglon’s questions for me after work.
Generic Arms Race.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 22, 2022, 11:19:41 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Lenglon, Maximum Spin, TricMagic,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on July 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~56 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2022, 11:55:09 am »

PfP again

As mentioned before, my auto ability prevents my mafiakill abilities from killing.

Didn’t expect the win condition change, gotta be honest. Still it’s good to know.

If we decide to no execute, I’m mugging Tric again. I doubt he has another roleblock bypass. That should confirm him as scum.

Only me or Tric can be mafia at this point. Lidku’s self vote means that he was unlikely to have been tutored in chat by an experienced player, which leaves me (insane) or Tric (inexperienced). Lenglon or Spin would never advocate a self vote.

Unfortunately if I’m executed and I’m town, there’s a 50 50 we lose, based on whether or not Spin hides versus who Tric chooses to kill. This also applies if Tric is executed and I’m the last mafia.

Ultimately the 50 50 is biased in Tric’s favor, since he may be able to pull an ability out of nowhere to let him break it.

Tric’s claimed role fits the power level shown by Lidku’s role much better than mine does. I have middle grade utility and that’s it. Tric has whatever he wants.

Anyways. I’ll stake my confidence on TricMagic being the last scum. I don’t believe anyone else would let Lidku self vote.

This is bad faith Fal. Then again, delaying things won't really work will it?

Also, put forward a case. I've been on Lidku from day 1. Constantly pointing out their misconstruction.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2022, 11:56:03 am »

Of note. Lidku picked you up yesterday, why? Well, it wouldn't do to get roleblocked would it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 22, 2022, 12:01:03 pm »

Max had their commute night 1, so you could argue that Ldiku did the kill. But them using Saibaman on you and themselves makes more sense.

Fallacy. I'm guessing you did get one of Max's abilities? Or inventions, as it were?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 22, 2022, 12:01:54 pm »

I may have a bit of a headache..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2022, 12:03:06 pm »

If it helps, I submitted the role... always scum.

I'm... well, I guess it doesn't matter whether I believe this or not, since I don't have The Vote. If I hypothetically pretend I believe you, does this imply that "Mug" is a real mafiakill ability the mafia also have?
Fortunately not. Well, probably not. Nothing about my role suggests I'm copying mafiakills. My mafiakills are my own mafiakills. Which is good because scum don't have them and bad because I don't have theft immunity.

Oh right, I guess I should be fair and actually answer your question, at least for the sake of other people.
This seemed like a vote for the sake of voting, not for the sake of eliminating scum. Where was the justification?
I thought Egan was more likely than you to be scum, based on my understanding of your behavior. Obviously this turned out to be wrong.
I do have a habit of placing votes in these kinds of ways, sometimes acting like it's a joke, or often offering to "go along with" someone else, but, as I've said before, I promise I only place votes when I mean them. In this case, for example, I put it like that because NJW2000 had been pushing for a vote on you the whole time, but then said that as if he was open to either, so I wanted to see how far he meant it.
This... is a reasonable enough justification.

Ugh, and I was so sure you were scum, too. Using the crane thing to hide while you chose someone to mafiakill, sure nobody could detect you due to being untargetable. I can't really make that argument at this point, though.

You get a promotion to likely town in my readometer. Unfortunately.

This is fundamentally flawed Fal. Can you tell me how? Which part tells the lie?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #911 on: July 22, 2022, 12:10:16 pm »

Lidku - you mentioned yesterday that you find it easier to engage in the more mechanical analysis part of the game, I'd like to hear your input in what you think happened last night between Max and FoU, and I'd also like to hear what you think of people's actions near the end of day yesterday, now that we know that Egan was town. From what you were saying before, this should be right up your alley.

I find FallacyofUrist very suspicious at the moment, for the fact that he was able to target someone who the Town apparently wasn't allowed to target. Also, FallacyofUrist outright admits to being able to use abilities on Maximum Spin, along with dubious claims that he has "Mafiakill" but it doesn't actually let him kill at all. Maybe he's lying and he was blocked by someone?

But I also find it strange on the reasons HOW Maximum Spin got to be able to not be targetable at all.. it's really odd.. Did someone target him that way, just so he could even look more suspicious, considering the fact on how much you suspected him as scum in the beginning? Isolate him? I'm generally not sure.

As for everyone else, I cannot be sure until everyone begins posting what they have done during the Night. I myself just did nothing last night, as I felt I had no good options to do anything with my abilities that time.

... What the fresh fish is this Lidku... All your other posts are fairly strange, but looking at this one it's well put together.

Lidku never actually voted day 2.. well, other than this.
Nin. To answer Lidku's old question (which one exactly? Because you didn't bother to quote it when directly asked (your strange possible Knightwing+NJW link)).. Well, I don't have an answer to give you, given that you seem to miss stuff like the misconstruction of my own posts.

Just as I thought. Making blank statements that have no real weight toward them, then when probed on what exactly you mean by them, you just either ignore or scuffle up a light excuse to avoid outright answering. TricMagic is just really acting weird this game.

in the last BYOR game doing that is what almost led to a Town victory; the Town in that game only lost when I fell for the manipulations of Jim Groovester and believed that mechanically solving was useless.. when the whole time he was deceiving me otherwise.

I just consider mechanically solving and figuring out who did what on D2 and building off of that to be the most effective.

As I recall the opposite happened, you suspected Jim based on your intuition and his behavior, but were fooled by Jim being a Godfather who inspects as town, and he used that to gaslight you. You should have paid attention to your gut, rather than trusting the mechanics.

That was only because due to me being a Noob, I didn't even know about Godfather or what the role did. If I knew about it in a prior instance, I would have lied and said that my Inpsect on him had read as Mafia anyway: the tactic being that "damned if I'm wrong, but good if I'm right" type of situation. Mechanics in that game was how Town even came somewhat close to victory.

Anyways, since I'm being pressured to vote, I'll put one on FallacyofUrist. I just find him kinda shady, but nothing truly strong..

One question, well another. Fal, why did you vote Egan 3 times during Day 1?

... Has Fal ever given a readlist this game?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 22, 2022, 12:43:21 pm »

Fallacy. I'm guessing you did get one of Max's abilities? Or inventions, as it were?
For the record, we have both already confirmed that, and I told you what it was. This probably won't get you very far as a line of inquiry.

It's also nothing alignment-indicative for any of us, unfortunately.

Tric, I don't know if I trust the way you suddenly developed a self-preservation instinct, but I can agree with no-lynching today if it's the only way to be sure.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 22, 2022, 01:16:34 pm »

I'm somewhat fine with no-lynching.
10:50 PM for me here, so bit late.
TricMagic, you don't seem to have said one way or the other actually, so can you clarify whether you did anything last night?

Nope. The lynch Tric plan doesn't actually work given mafia just needs to equal or outnumber town. So..

TricMagic> Syncth Dragon Cloak for Lenglon
Fal>Mug TricMagic
Max>Watch Tricmagic
Lenglon=Townie

This should prove Fal the killer, correct? Either you or I die. Or that Bleed effect Fal has kills at end of day... But that still means we'd just need to pick someone.
Well, that or I survive due to this Bleed action being more delayed than is mentioned. If Fal is town, they would Mug me, preventing me from killing. Max can't self-kill, so they can't be the kill if Max is Mafia. So if Max dies, it's Fal, once again barring me lying through my teeth.

Most likely I die and Lenglon has to choose between two. This is kinda saying Max is town since it's reliant on them not killing me and claiming Fal targeted me. But night actions can probably solve that.

Not fine with Fal deciding I'm to be lynched though. What's wrong with this plan? Is it that your mugging does kill?

... Main issue is it doesn't advance the game state if they don't have a mafiakill, or their Bleeding kill is one that kills at end of day rather than night. As is, I'm fine with No Lynch so long as the above is followed. Since Fal can't really get out of mugging me tonight, and if you die it removes any ambiguity on who it is. Meanwhile if I die, you know who killed me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 22, 2022, 01:19:17 pm »

I'm somewhat fine with no-lynching.
...I thought you were explicitly advocating for no-lynching, based on that previous post. If you're not, I'm still open to argument here.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64