Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15429 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2022, 09:57:23 pm »

So, if you'd like to be the first to defend Knightwing, please, be my guest. I know I'm potentially over-trusting my intuition, but I'd like to think that I'm still giving Knightwing plenty of chances.
Knightwing will have to defend himself.

I am also giving Knightwing chances, even if it makes me look like I'm partners with him again for the umpteenth time. I don't care. I wonder what that says about me.

...Did you know that Maximum Spin has a really good theory about your play style?
Neat.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2022, 09:58:58 pm »

You’ve given Knightwing plenty of chances yes. I think we’re all trying to guide KW to at least the path they have to take.

There’s still around two RL days for them to pull this out the bag.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2022, 10:01:38 pm »

Max, I'm on board with repeating the same bargain.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2022, 10:15:48 pm »

...Did you know that Maximum Spin has a really good theory about your play style?
You picked up on what I think you picked up on? Impressive.

Max, I'm on board with repeating the same bargain.
I'm a little at a loss about which bargain you mean, though. We've had a few. :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2022, 11:30:48 pm »

PPE: Reads by Knightwing64

I'll look at this again later when I've had a bit more time to think about the game.

I am completely underwhelmed by what Knightwing64 has done since I posted this. I still don't detect much investment in the outcome of the day game which is my main complaint about Knightwing64 so far.

It'd be nice to see unprompted reads and observations from him at some point but if he's town I think he's too locked in to satisfying the text of what people say they want from him to do anything that might actually demonstrate his towniness.

Like, I can’t accuse anybody of being guilty like you can with nothing to base it off of, my brain doesn’t work like that. Maybe I’ll claim to have a blah blah meter next game and see if that gets people to vote you out

I want to see this happen honestly.

Excuse me while I listen to emo music and hope that someone believes me.

I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAAAAAAAAATTEEEEEEEEEEEER

It's okay but suboptimal if we launch Knightwing today. I'd rather res someone more effective at hunting (no offence KW), so killing Toony or Jim, or even Max, is more high value for me today.

Can you self-rez?

My pro strat is playing badly to get town cred  8)

Ha ha

:|

And just so I'm explicit about it I don't like this on the nose joke you're making.

more role focus

The role focus is consistent with your usual meta.

I've read the thread. Who do you suspect? I think I completely missed that.

NQT, there is a fundamental flaw in your plan. We may be able to revive a player, but that also means Mafia has a 100% chance to steal one of their demons. Or did you miss that in your brilliant Role?

Oh, right. A vote based on silly role stuff.

Okay, yeah, this is town TricMagic.

ToonyMan and wubba sittin’ in a tree would either of you happen to have some insight on Jim and NQT’s propensity to bus their partner or not as scum?
I don't think they would honestly. From my understanding bussing a mafia!Knightwing would clear 3 other players as town. Which means they're bluffing or we're wrong. It's too detrimental to go for.

Maybe NQT is town then, and NJW is right.

How you feeling Jim?

I probably go for the bus if I didn't think my partner's situation was salvageable even if the penalty for it is very steep in this game.

I am also giving Knightwing chances, even if it makes me look like I'm partners with him again for the umpteenth time. I don't care. I wonder what that says about me.

There are a lot of people posting like this. About giving Knightwing64 chances that is. Except for Maximum Spin. He seems committed to his read.

So if Knightwing64 is receptive to the coaching and magically turn things around, how is that going to affect your read on him?

Jim + Knightwing for me, thanks.

I think you have a tendency to tunnel me.

The point of this is that I'm still left at that single question: How exactly is this NOT you as scum? Shall I begin scouring the other games for better examples?

I don't like this post very much.

I don't think arguing with people about their own meta produces anything valuable.

My reasons for voting KW:

Low effort posting
Not engaging with the game (not offering reads on events or players despite significant prompting)
Emotional blackmail
Giving up

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmm I think the first two are valid. The last two are pretty iffy. When players on the younger and inexperienced side break they tend to display the last two without it being indicative of alignment, although this isn't Knightwing64's first rodeo so he should have some resilience to pressure like this.

So anyways I thought most of this post would be about Knightwing64 and it largely was, but midway through making it I made a read about TricMagic and I feel like I have pretty confident reads about the Law block now with ToonyMan and TricMagic reading solidly as town and notquitethere being scum by process of elimination and my middling reads on him. I do suspect Knightwing64 but I realized I'm more confident about my reads on the Law block and so should be voting within there.

Anyways I am going to go squat now and work through the shitty anime I haven't watched yet and wish I had beer.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2022, 03:08:12 am »

Quote from: Jim Groovester
Elim the guy with a claimed res by POE

Ok guys, it's Jim and probably knightwing.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2022, 03:51:52 am »

More seriously... wtf. Jim didn't even mention the possibility Max is law, which is unavoidably relevant to the POE thing.

The big post is largely minor fluff, and I was going to complain about that, but then that vote really came out of nowhere.

Care to explain?
Not really, no.
Ok. This is something I'd be willing to vote you on then, for largely meta reasons.

I'm okay with voting Knightwing today. I guess if anything that's better than voting NQT since KW is not my alignment.
Do you have a hidden objective or something? Killing in our own pool is preferable if you know your alignment.
Not yet. I assume Roden will be giving Law and Chaos players actual incentives come Night phase.

As if we're incentivised not to want elims in our own pool? I'm mostly going to ignore chaos/order stuff until someone flips scum, but I don't get why I'd want to avoid my own pool.
I don't mind avoiding my own pool...in fact I'm currently voting NQT. I am giving Knightwing breathing room by doing this, but whatever? I don't care if he dies, but maybe someone else does?
So just to get this straight, you think we're going to be given incentives at the start of the night to mess with the other pool, and that we'd want to keep players in our own pool alive to succeed in them?

And that town players from both pools should want elims in the other pool, because they'd prefer achieving their night-incentives over the town players in the other pool achieving their own? Or at least, you want that?

This is confusing, but seems to be what you're saying.

NotQuiteThere
Not an option.

You should be going after NJW2000, hector13, or me.
This does not look like a genuine attempt to make Knightwing more constructive. If he flips town, you're not going to look good.

For one thing, the "vote in your own pool" thing isn't obvious, or even more than a marginal consideration. It's basically irrelevant if you have any confidence in an actual read - which is the thing we've been asking Knightwing to have.

For another, you're slapping down a baby step towards actually playing the game.

Take solace in the fact that you will likely be revived and prove NQT's innocence if you are Town!
I'd also like to note that this is wrong on several levels. Res-ing town!nightwing wouldn't clear NQT, and town!NQT might not do it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2022, 04:07:39 am »

I'd just like to announce that I have no intention of engaging with any alignment-related bullshit, and I would consider any evidence of doing so over finding scum a lynchable offense.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2022, 04:36:47 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Knightwing64: 3; hector13, webadict, notquitethere
notquitethere: 3; TricMagic, ToonyMan, Jim Groovester
NJW2000: 1; Knightwing64
Maximum Spin: 1; NJW2000
webadict: 0
Jim Groovester: 0
Toonyman: 0
TricMagic: 0
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 1 - Maximum Spin

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 27, 2022 at 13:00 Pacific Time (~34 hours remaining).

It is currently Day.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2022, 05:11:12 am »

Ugh, Law hates me. It's my Chaotic heart!

Max
I'd just like to announce that I have no intention of engaging with any alignment-related bullshit, and I would consider any evidence of doing so over finding scum a lynchable offense.
I'm struggling to see a town justification for not declaring which alignment you are when it would help us clear town if you are town? Scum!Max is going to want to wait until after one scum flips before claiming that he's the same alignment. Help me see what you're seeing here.

Jim, your argument seems to be that KW is scum and so by some alchemy I must be too. If you think he's scum, then why are you voting me? Also your POE ignores Max, as NJW has said...

Toony, is Jim town?

Tric, If a player dies, they lose their demons so when they res, they will demonless. As such, this confers no benefit to scum. In fact, it makes the ressed town player immune to the mafiakill! Your argument is completely backwards, because if you kill me first, you give scum the chance to get their own resurrection demon.

I think people don't realise how young KW is, which helps put his posting style into perspective. I'm glad he's being more proactive after promping.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2022, 05:22:14 am »

More seriously...

(gets progressively less serious)
Listen, buddy. I no longer think you're scum, but you're chasing pipe dreams if you think it's me.

The reason I don't care about answering your questions is because I don't want to explode at you. I don't mind you being wrong, but is there a way that I could get you to trust that Knightwing is indeed Mafia so that you will blindly accept that I'm Town? Because that would be great for me. You're gonna doubt yourself no matter what, but I don't think I will anymore.

So, please vote Knightwing. It's the thing that will prove you're Town more than anything, and a lot of people see you as backup scum to Knightwing, but there's a good reason they do: I think you have a fundamentally different idea of the game than most of us, and it will probably cause conflicts if you don't clear yourself.

Does that work for you?

Anyways I am going to go vote NQT blindly.
AS FOR JIM...

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssteeeeeeeeeeeeeen buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

I'm gonna need you to get AAAAALLLLLL the way off NQT's back, if'n you wouldn't mind.

You're right. I tunnel you because I have a tough time reading you. The good thing here is that I don't need to read you because others have a much better read of you than I do. That's great for both of us.

How about... we vote out Knightwing... and prove I'm Town... and then we can just... oh, I dunno... Let NQT revive my dead body because it's not NQT?

NQT is a convenient fallguy, but would you mind testing something for me? You don't have to vote! Just unvote because I would like to sit on Knightwing as the top candidate.

You wanna know what the best evidence that NQT is Town is? TricMagic is voting for him. You're voting like TricMagic! No offense, TricMagic.

Oh look, my next segue!

Tric, please 🙏 just listen 🙏  to my words 🙏 for the love 🙏 of all things 🙏 Mafia.

Who is Mafia on the Chaos side?

NINJA
NQT, FUCK OFF AND KEEP VOTING KNIGHTWING PLEASE AND THANK YOU, IT AINT MAX BY A MILLION MILES

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2022, 05:30:46 am »

I'm struggling to see a town justification for not declaring which alignment you are when it would help us clear town if you are town? Scum!Max is going to want to wait until after one scum flips before claiming that he's the same alignment. Help me see what you're seeing here.
I'm talking about whatever "incentives" town players of various alignments may or may not get to sabotage each other, not what you and your partner Knightwing do as mafia.

I am declaring my intention to clamp down on any town sabotage.

Also, knowing my alignment won't help you clear town unless I'm scum and therefore rule out other people of my alignment. Since I'm town, just go on assuming I'm town and find the mafia among the other players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2022, 05:37:32 am »

Ugh, Law hates me. It's my Chaotic heart!

Max

Jim, your argument seems to be that KW is scum and so by some alchemy I must be too. If you think he's scum, then why are you voting me? Also your POE ignores Max, as NJW has said...

Toony, is Jim town?

Tric, If a player dies, they lose their demons so when they res, they will demonless. As such, this confers no benefit to scum. In fact, it makes the ressed town player immune to the mafiakill! Your argument is completely backwards, because if you kill me first, you give scum the chance to get their own resurrection demon.

I think people don't realise how young KW is, which helps put his posting style into perspective. I'm glad he's being more proactive after promping.
Goddamn, am I sure you're not Mafia?

I am, but geez Louise, man, you're making this difficult on yourself. And me!

If you go after Max instead of Knightwing, you will 100% be voted out. That's not a threat by me, that's the state of the game. Law has converged on you. It's fucking stupid, but I'm gonna do my best to prove you're innocent.

To do that, I need you Town guys to, boy howdy, listen to this here cowpoke.

I wanna put Knightwing at the top of the chopping block. Someone will have to save him. We will wait to see who in the Law side. That is all.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing. I've done it before.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2022, 05:38:40 am »

@Webadict: I don’t really care about your dismissals or threats, but if it’ll help you sleep any easier, I’ll absolutely vote Knightwing over NQT here, he’s not helping that much and NQT is potentially very useful, as well as townier. Not putting us at E-1 yet though, thanks

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2022, 05:40:50 am »

Knightwing64.

That's the bargain you want, right?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21