Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 163

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 79494 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"Do you think it would be better if the Federation was more decentralized, then? More locally governed?" The Captain grumbles again.

"I don't think that's necessarily better. Just that they get off them arcologies and go visit the domes and outposts and anchor-ships out there before stamping their ridiculous laws and regulations up." The Captain sips his Startini.

1236USY.3d/1m.0336h

Suddenly, you hear the beeping of the security console.

You also see Eccite entering through the main gate and approaching your bar with a datapad in hands.

A) Go check the sensors real quick.
B) Wait for Chief Engineer to come over to see what's her deal.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

B. We can hear what she has to say, but then we'd better look at those sensors because it probably means something.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

A - Security could be something imminently bad. Eccite would look much more concerned if she had immediate bad news

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You leave the bar, and Startini-sipping Captain Azares, to check the security alarm from the sensors.

When you get to it, the console notifies you that the detected vessel is approaching at speeds above the standard in-system cruise, at least under the current New Galactic Federation Civilian Velocity Limitations Law.

Sensors Station Alert!

Docking and refueling request received from unknown vessel, Zagreus-class Personal Battlecraft.

Unable to receive civilian identification code.

Fuel Pump assigned: #7 (authority: Automated Refueling AI)

Estimated arrival time: Approx.70 seconds.

A) ...Red alert??
B) Hail them and ask them to identify them.
C) Speeding customer is still a customer, now lets get back to Chief Muli and Captain Azares!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

B

Little scary, but not over-much. If the vessel doesn't respond in good time, then we worry.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, B's my vote

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You hail them.

The console notifies you of a problem.

Hailing frequencies cannot be opened.

Target vessel lacks subspace radio capability.

The sensors soon notify you that the vessel is decelerating down towards standard docking procedure values and has engaged its docking lights.

A) Silent running to steal my fuel! Prepare for space melee!
B) A weirdo has arrived! Hopefully they are spendy.
SigFlags!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Meh, now we know they're not gonna crash into us. S'probably fine.

B
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B
They're not going to slam us looks like... so we'll have to see what kind of wacky potential customer we have.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Weird customer or not, they're still a customer.

1236USY.3d/1m.0340h

You return to the bar, where Captain Azares is chatting with Eccite.

"-or at least a shot?"

"Once again, thanks, but I'm on the job." The Captain sighs wearily.

"Blasted luck." He sips some more of his Startini.

"Hey Arnold." The chief types something on her datapad. "Two topics I gotta cover with you - one, the micrometeorite damage was fortunately minor and my engineers have already fixed the clamps, so you should have pump nine back into service today. Second, did you adjust any of the maintenance core's schedules and routines?"

"Not to my knowledge, no." Chief Muli grumbles.

"Right. Must be S'tivan again... look, some of the sensors in various parts of the outpost were deregulated and long story short, I need to reset them. This requires me to put life support on maintenance mode. Which means synthol replication machines will be turned offline. I have talked with Captain here--" At that moment, the main gate opens.

Through comes a rather feminine, petite young man, who can't be possibly older than in his late teens. His silver white hair is perfectly arranged in a bowl cut, with only two long strands hanging over each ear. Dressed in white flight suit, and with some strange implant over his right ear, you also notice a scar running over his left cheek all the way to his left ear, and that his left hand is a cybernetic prothesis - surprisingly, the man have forego synthetic skin layer. The hand looks cold, grisly artificial, and quite menacing. After giving the main hall a look, he starts walking towards the bar.

"Another client, huh?" Eccite pulls the datapad towards her chest. "Well, I need to reset the internal sensors. Do you think we can do that now or in few minutes? It will take six, seven minutes, tops."

A) "I think I can hold the new client at bay for few minutes, at best."
B) "I can deal with them quick. Come back in fifteen?"
C) "Sorry, but I can't just deny my clients drinks. Come when the bar is empty."
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which one lets us serve a round for the newcomer amd the crew of the 99 first? Cos I pick that one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

A. Customers are filthy animals who deserve to wait.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 163