Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 163

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 79495 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"You were saying something about my outpost?" Caesar takes a sip of his drink.

"Oh, sorry, yes, I was. I know your station has weapon platforms. I was asking whether you have any combat knowledge. Can you operate your launchers on manual? More importantly, can you fend off boarders? With a phaser or stun baton or even power gloves, if need be?"

You briefly consider his words...

...and you're taken back in thoughts to the time when you were conscripted into service on-- when you served-- you served on Shipyard Alexandra--

"Σ-9! Both hands on phaser."

"Yes sir." You shoot at the receptors again. The board above your head lights up: 57/65.

"Acceptable. You drones gotta get better programming, honestly! If only the Colonel agreed for the wetware realignment, I could be doing something more useful right now! Σ-A3, begin shooting practice!" The drone on your left, almost identical to you, with only his hair being 4 color degrees lighter than you, begins shooting. The short, bald man with moustache looks at the score: 54/65.

"Acceptable, I guess." He twirls his moustache, thinking for a few seconds.

"Alright, drones 2B, 4, 5, 9, A3, another round of shooting for you. The rest of you synthetics go for the close-quarters combat simulations with Sergeant Percs. You all need to be ready in case the Republic shows up one day. You gotta practice and get good else the civilians down on the planet will be left defenseless!"

"Yes sir." The swarm of drones, all look-alike with minor discrepances only, leave the shooting range in neat, pre-arranged, line. Only you and 4 others remain.

"Alright, Σ-2B, show them how's it is done, then go for the CQC simulation." 2B, is almost like you. His eyes are green, yours are brown. That's all in terms of differences between the two of you - well, and he has actual combat programming.

"Yes sir." 2B replies, then scores 65/65 on the board within 13.54 seconds, you note, and the short officer nods in approval.

"See you drones? This is how you shoot. 4 and 5, begin shooting." Your 'cousins' begin shooting while 2B silently leaves the shooting range.

4 and 5 both get 61/65 score.

"9 and A3, begin shooting."

A) Aim for the middle of the target.
B) Aim for the top of the target.
C) Aim to cripple the target.
D) Aim at the heart of the target.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 05:06:32 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

D
SHOTTHROUGHTHEHEART!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

D.
Trust in the heart of the car...uh, -get. Carget.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You shoot at the heart of the target. A3 does his own thing.

After the shooting practice, your score boards both read: 61/65.

"Better. Acceptable." The moustachioed officer twirls his moustache, clearly pleased.

"Always aim for the heart or the head of the enemy. Remember, crippling shots are for criminals, or civilians during riots. C for C and C. Everyone else doesn't get the priviledge."

"What about enemy civilians, they're both the enemy and the civilians." A3 asks to clarify the thought.

"They are enemy. That's what matters. So they don't get the priviledge either." The bald man claps his hands. "Finally, I'm done with you drones. 4, 5, 9, A3, you're free for the CQC simulation. Dismissed."

"Yes sir." The next hours come and pass, because CQC simulations are easy. Tackle, punch, kick, grab the weapon, wrestle the weapon away, capture the weapon.

Shoot the enemy point-blank.

Restart, repeat.

One, two, three hours.

You, in charge of armory deposit afterwards.

Colonel's son, Paul, in your way, his face full of anger.

His fist against your face sends you flying to the ground, between the two phaser storage units.

"Scoring sixties with phasers?" The overweight, 2m tall boy with freckles says, fuming at you. "Who the heck allowed you drones to score so high, huh? Wanna be better than humans? Better than me?" He kicks you in the crotch, but fortunately your genitals are less fragile and possess less nerves. Otherwise, you presume, you would be coddling from pain.

You stand up, only for Paul's fist to strike you again.

"Fucking drones who do you think you guys are? We're your betters, hear me? You're subservient, understood? Fucking factory drones. You're not allowed to be better on my station! If I can't score above 53, then you don't either!"

He swings at you but misses.

You're standing on both your feet. Both hands on phaser.

The boy's expression changes from furious to terrified.

"Put that down you fucking synth!!" So does his voice, from grumbly and huffy, to almost high-pitched.

A) Aim for the middle of the target.
B) Aim for the top of the target.
C) Aim to cripple the target.
D) Aim at the heart of the target.
E) Do not.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 09:35:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E: Do not.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

C - Attacking another Civilian is a crime. And if we're not a Civilian, we are property, and damaging property is a crime. Criminals get cripple shots.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are not on mission. He is a criminal, but we were not given an objective to shoot criminals currently. We are not authorized to set the mission ourself.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

The repetition of language in our options is low-key terrifying right now O_O

E. Shooting the son of an officer is an easy way to get court-martialed.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Switch conversational programming to 'flirty'. Continue to point the gun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

E. They aren’t civilian, they aren’t enemy, and they aren’t hostile combatants. Fire a warning shot instead, and intentionally miss.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 163