Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 163

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 79543 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #1305 on: May 01, 2023, 04:47:54 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 01, 2023, 05:58:23 am »

C

Did Chester ask for a shot, and then we gave him a mix with a different but similar shot in it? Or am I also sleep deprived?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 01, 2023, 08:49:01 am »

"Apologies, I'm a bit tired. Tell you what, I will give you 50% discount on this mistake if you take it along with the shot you wanted. Deal?"[/color] Chester stares at you in silence for few seconds.

"That is not the synthol. I wish to imbibe. At the current time and place."

"Come on, Chester. It's the discount that counts, not the synthol itself!" Agustina takes a sip of her mix, eyeing her android companion. Chester thinks a little longer.

"Alright. I accept this exchange. As an apology. Please refrain. From making anymore mistakes. If that is possible." You nod and quickly pour Chester a shot of Grenadiere, then tally up a 50% discount on the former shot using your Second Class Employee priviledge.

When the console confirms that the requested discount has been applied, you raise the credchip scanner (what else) towards Chester - the android extends his right hand towards you, and its index finger pops open like before, exposing a credchip that you freely scan. (+22.5c)

Today Earnings: 68.5c
Monthly Earnings: 3793.5c

Chester takes both shot glasses and brings them closer to himself, while Agustina takes a quick sip of her green mix and looks at you.

"So how's it going, barkeep? Why tired?"

"It's the middle of my sleeping period." Agustina purses her lips in surprise, while Chester nods.

"This has been the case. Last time I was here. At the time of your drunken uncounciousness."

"Oh. Why you didn't tell me before we got here?"

"I did tell you. A few minutes ago. But you were absorbed. By the idea of synthols too much. To counciously register my words. Miss Akrylla." Agustina blushes some, then takes another ship of her mix.

"Synthol's getting sour." She muses, and you're unsure if its directed at you or Chester or both.

A) "Feel free to stay as long as you want, I can manage sleep delays."
B) "I hope you understand then that I would like to go back to my sleep pod soon."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 08:50:50 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 01, 2023, 09:28:09 am »

A
At SRC, work is life.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 01, 2023, 12:33:29 pm »

A - Let us consider moving our sleeping period later

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 02, 2023, 12:27:08 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 07, 2023, 02:14:20 pm »

"Feel free to stay as long as you want, I can manage sleep delays." Agustina claps her hands.

"Thank you, I promise we won't drag our stay out."

"Somehow I am rather unconvinced. Of your statement. Miss Akrylla."

"Oh, shut, Chester." Akrylla sips her Rat Oil, while Chester drinks approximately a third of his Grenadiere shot.

1236USY.6d/1m.2152

"Right, bartender." Akrylla puts down her glass. "I want to ask, do you know any strong, non-sweet mixes I could try out?"

"You have not yet finished. Your Rat Oil--" Akrylla responds by quickly drinking the remainder of her green mix in one go, putting the ice-filled glass down, with a smile.

"Now that I am without a drink, bartender, what can you suggest?"

You ponder the question.

A) "Sorry, but not yet."
B) (Insert a drink mix from previous days that you think might be strong enough for Akrylla here)
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 07, 2023, 02:15:30 pm »

uhhh is there a list of recipes we know anywhere
I know we've been asked this question before but we've learned new recipes since then

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 07, 2023, 02:37:06 pm »

I don't think there's a list anywhere.

I think we should give her a

B: Gut Punch

Since it's relatively cheap for a mix (although, thinking about it, it's a expensive drink per alcohol volume, so maybe not great) and we know Chester can be price conscious. It is flavored with Fungus Malus, which we know Akrylla likes. I think bricklayer is strong? Although I think we're still in the dark on what "strong" means, it's at least passed without comment when we gave it to another patron who asked for something strong.

Edit: One problem we have here for sure is that she's asking for "non sweet" and a lot of mixes have at least a little bit of sweetness to them, I'm not sure if a dash would be disqualifying, it feels like she might like a queen of tau ceti, but it has a dash of sweet, but it's mostly a bitter spicy drink. It's significantly cheaper per shot (being about twice the price for four times the shots) as the Gut Punch, and it's probably more impressive being a multi flavored mix, But I dunno if the Grapevine would ruin it for her. It'd also be funny because it's a Queen of Tau Ceti for the Princess of Copernicus.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 03:01:37 pm by Criptfeind »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 07, 2023, 06:11:58 pm »

Since it's relatively cheap for a mix (although, thinking about it, it's a expensive drink per alcohol volume, so maybe not great) and we know Chester can be price conscious. It is flavored with Fungus Malus, which we know Akrylla likes. I think bricklayer is strong? Although I think we're still in the dark on what "strong" means, it's at least passed without comment when we gave it to another patron who asked for something strong.

Edit: One problem we have here for sure is that she's asking for "non sweet" and a lot of mixes have at least a little bit of sweetness to them, I'm not sure if a dash would be disqualifying, it feels like she might like a queen of tau ceti, but it has a dash of sweet, but it's mostly a bitter spicy drink. It's significantly cheaper per shot (being about twice the price for four times the shots) as the Gut Punch, and it's probably more impressive being a multi flavored mix, But I dunno if the Grapevine would ruin it for her. It'd also be funny because it's a Queen of Tau Ceti for the Princess of Copernicus.

Tell her about both, and ask her to choose!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 08, 2023, 12:54:19 am »

Tell her about both, and ask her to choose!
+1

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 08, 2023, 03:44:41 pm »

offer both, as the above suggestion had.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 11, 2023, 02:58:34 pm »

"How about a Gut Punch?"

"I know that one! It is decent, but I would rather have something new."

"Queen of Tau Ceti?"

"Oh, that's a new one! Is it good?"

"I cannot tell, but it is mostly spicy and bitter, with dash of fruity sweetness to break the monotony."

"Hmmm... how much is it?"

"83 Credits."

"Deal!" Agustina says before Chester has opportunity to speak up. "Please prepare that one for me, then." You nod and prepare a Queen of Tau Ceti. Saproot, Fungus Malus, ice and the dash of sweet Grapevine.

You serve the tall glass to Agustina, and she lets you scan her credchip again. (+83c)

Today Earnings: 151.5c
Monthly Earnings: 3876.5c

Agustina takes a sip, smacks her lips, then takes another sip.

"Mm, this is neat." Chester drinks another third of his Grenadiere shot before putting his glass down.

"Please be mindful. Of your expenses. When procuring new beverages. Miss Akrylla."

"Hey, I am mindful! It's only eighty credits, Chester, chill." Chester rolls his eyes, and drinks remainder of his shot while Agustina takes another sip of the Queen.

A) "Want another shot, Chester?"
B) "So what brings you two here again, besides procuring new beverages?"
C) *idle bartender noises*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 03:12:10 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 11, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 12, 2023, 01:38:15 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 163