Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, finally shooting v.v  (Read 6569 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Broken Things
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2022, 11:58:47 pm »

Spoiler: Starhammer only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vracks' sheet (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Out with the old, in with a bang
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2022, 12:46:23 am »

Spoiler: Starhammer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2022, 04:36:10 am »

Spoiler: Haemic Corp (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Billy Bob Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2022, 02:50:17 pm »

Spoiler: brobot faction (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2022, 05:47:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Lights On
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2022, 09:53:18 pm »

Don't like current format, considering this mission a failed experiment. Actions and rolls are public here to the end of the mission, which I'll try to speed towards. Rules will be adjusted after mission to keep things smooth while allowing some skullduggery.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Quote from: order
Mahsun Al-Adzan
Noruk
Erin
Vracks
Billy Bob

Use the turret to shoot at the first enemy that presents itself, or at the APC itself if none are visible (at the driver's seat perhaps?)

If the turret is unusable, be it from damage or lack of ammo, then instead leave the gunner's seat and head down. If any enemies have entered the ship, shoot 'em good, if not try to get close to the door/hatch and grenade the enemy!

[Spot: 4] Maybe the guy out there with a mortar hiding behind a small rock would be a decent target? Yeah, that seems good.
[Mounted Gun Attack: 1] As soon as Mahsun pulls the trigger, zaps of arcane electricity flow up the conduits, the shuttle beast screaming. [Toughness: 6] He grits his teeth and bears the shock, but the gun itself is fried.
[Health: Slightly stunned]

[Vague action intelligence check: 2] Noruk, covered in flammable material, tries to remember how to put out a fire. Pretty sure that you're supposed to pat at it, he does so! [Toughness: 4] The flames refuse to go out! Hmm, this is a bad situation...
[Health: Lesser burns]

... full power. see if I can flip the shuttle. or at the least force that turret to stare into the sky.
[Vehicle wrassling: 5] The shuttle's little engine-legs wiggle and struggle, trying to fight off the strange wheelbeast before it, but the APC wins out, forcing it down and over, and then driving over top of it. The shuttle gives a last struggling breath and then goes still.
[Enemy NPC killed! +1 AP]

If there's any mechanical benefit to hunkering down and not shooting at all, do so.  I expect that turret to start shooting back.  If there's no benefit... still hold fire and hunker, unless an infantry target reveals themself.
The turret turns to face you, but fails to shoot you. You hit the dirt regardless, being prone behind your little rock keeping you... mostly covered.

"Oh shit things aren't sounding good out there."
Use the rifle scope to peak of the ship and fire at anything I think is hostile.
Your landscape flips over and then the lights go out. You poke your scope out a port hole and see only an enemy armored vehicle which you can't do real damage to with a rifle anyways.
You get the feeling that now might be a good time to surrender. Not like they can treat you much worse than the HC has.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Broken Things
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:23 pm »

Pack up and start running to catch up with the APC.  We might need to bomb our way in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, Lights On
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2022, 01:22:10 am »

"This doesn't seem to be going well."
Shoot anything that comes out of or around that APC.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2022, 02:04:48 am »

Dismount from the APC and assault the shuttle with my SMG. Time to get into there and deal with the enemy soldiers inside.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2022, 09:39:02 am »

roll around on floor to put fire out
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2022, 11:21:06 am »

"Tell me about it, I've whiffed every shot I made today, bah."

Shake off this stun! Then get out of the vehicle from a side exit if possible (aka not straight into view of the APC), then maneuver around to nade anything hostile (or shoot with rifle if danger close/too far away for nades)

If no such exit is possible, then shoot out a porthole (try to get a good angle) and again, nade or shoot any hostiles! 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 04:20:43 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, finally shooting v.v
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2022, 10:16:03 pm »

Quote from: order
Mahsun Al-Adzan
Noruk
Erin
Vracks
Billy Bob

Shake off this stun! Then get out of the vehicle from a side exit if possible (aka not straight into view of the APC), then maneuver around to nade anything hostile (or shoot with rifle if danger close/too far away for nades)

If no such exit is possible, then shoot out a porthole (try to get a good angle) and again, nade or shoot any hostiles! 

Hands shaking, you take a peek outside. It seems that the enemy APC is mounted on top of your own vehicle, meaning that it might be hard to exit away from it.
You instead stick your rifle out a porthole and shoot the enemy APC! [Too close and big to miss, Deadly to wound the roundleg beast: 6]
You dump a magazine of intermediate caliber rounds into the APC's drive train. That might have hurt it. Also, you're out of ammo.
[SQ Infantry Rifle: needs reload!]

roll around on floor to put fire out

[Fire! Fire!: 2]
Noruk rolls around on the floor of the APC, gradually intensifying his shouts from panic into agony as the flame burns him quite severely. He eventually passes out and stops moving.
Erin, fixing the fold-out stock on her MP5 and reaching for the hatch, does not help or appear to care. That guy was a jerk anyways.
[You died! +1 AP!]

Dismount from the APC and assault the shuttle with my SMG. Time to get into there and deal with the enemy soldiers inside.

Someone shot your drive train! You need that to drive!
[Armored Personnel Carrier: Damaged, cannot drive]

You do have legs, though. You jump out quickly and prepare to breach.
[Luck: 1]
Despite your aggression, you have no idea how you're supposed to get into this thing. It just looks like a pile of jumbled space gribbles, really. You stall, ready to charge but unsure how to proceed.

Pack up and start running to catch up with the APC.  We might need to bomb our way in.

Move that gear up!
[Speed: 3]
Not being as fast on your feet as an armored van is on wheels, you don't quite make it up to your comrades yet.

Shoot anything that comes out of or around that APC.

You see someone trying to get in! You stick your shotgun in a porthole, and-
[Attack!: 1]
Click click! Some bastard stole your ammo!
[Double Barrel Shotgun: Someone stole your shells!]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:24:15 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power &&& Pulse: Mission 1, finally shooting v.v
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2022, 11:06:53 pm »

Fine then! I don't necessarilly need a door just yet, find a window or porthole or anywhere else that someone might be peeking outside, say, to shoot my APC from, and shove my SMG into the openings and spray down the lookie-loos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2022, 03:44:16 am »

"GOD DAMN IT, some body stole my shells!"
Find a porthole and use my rifle to shot anyone that goes around or is inside the APC.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2022, 04:10:31 am »

Are we allowed to look at enemy sheets?

In any case, catch up to the APC.  Take the gun from the guy who burned to death inside.  Shoot any enemies who become visible.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5