Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 15814 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I mean, it should be pretty obvious I'm not a killer, but I also think it should be pretty obvious that you're not either.
I didn't really think you were, but you were the only one I felt like I could justifiably use my action on. I mean, I wanted to use it on Deus, but he had his whole cop claim thing he apparently forgot about already, so I didn't want to screw it up if it were actually true.

Unless Tric has pulled off a master gambit, it looks like it's between Deus and Knightwing. And, well, I don't really think it's Knightwing.
Agreed.  I'm 95% on it being Deus, 5% on it being Knightwing, and like .1% that it's somehow you.  I'd say it could be TricMagic... but, like, can it?

Anyway, I have nothing to hide anymore.  I'm Bulletproof.  I can't be killed.  It's why I didn't really care if TricMagic shot me last Night.  I knew I should've gone for a smaller claim, but I'm just too much of a big spender.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Do you want to explain that in a way that doesn't involve posting a read list where every result reads 'Town I guess lol'?
Are you saying that I'm scum?
I'm saying you're playing like a lunatic and I don't know why.

In any case, as far as I can make out the only player who could reasonably be scum is Knightwing. Forcing a policy lynch on Jim doesn't make any sense for Webadict to do if they were on the same team, and killing Toony when he'd already signed over his free will to Webadict wouldn't make any sense for either Webadict or Max to do. It also wouldn't make sense for me to do as scum, but I already know that pointing that out is a waste of effort from me. I also know that there are plenty of WIFOM arguments you can make against those conclusions, but the fact of the matter is that it's completely counterproductive for any of the players I mentioned to kill the one town member who didn't want any of us dead.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This another example of your "old-style" Asmoth?

Already answered your question Max.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

You didn't technically, you just said you didn't shoot. I don't know if you can do anything else. :P
But since it looks like webadict knows what I did, it follows that nobody misdirected me anyway.

Deus, in that case, would you consent to be lynched if Tric agrees to shoot Knightwing immediately afterward if the game does not end?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you want to explain that in a way that doesn't involve posting a read list where every result reads 'Town I guess lol'?

In any case, as far as I can make out the only player who could reasonably be scum is Knightwing. Forcing a policy lynch on Jim doesn't make any sense for Webadict to do if they were on the same team, and killing Toony when he'd already signed over his free will to Webadict wouldn't make any sense for either Webadict or Max to do. It also wouldn't make sense for me to do as scum, but I already know that pointing that out is a waste of effort from me. I also know that there are plenty of WIFOM arguments you can make against those conclusions, but the fact of the matter is that it's completely counterproductive for any of the players I mentioned to kill the one town member who didn't want any of us dead.
Townhunting is a legitimate strategy for finding scum.  It can be used to create a Process of Elimination (PoE) on who scum can be.  ToonyMan was listed as "lol, cuz" because he's legitimately that good and sometimes, I have to take a risk on assuming he's Town or scum because if I don't, I'll be stuck in an endless battle of wondering if he's Town or scum.  I'm actually fine with ToonyMan being dead because it verifies that he's Town, although he was just about as confirmed as Max or I were from Yesterday's play.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

You didn't technically, you just said you didn't shoot. I don't know if you can do anything else. :P
But since it looks like webadict knows what I did, it follows that nobody misdirected me anyway.

Deus, in that case, would you consent to be lynched if Tric agrees to shoot Knightwing immediately afterward if the game does not end?

Lynch me and then him, lynch me and kill him, no lynch and kill me and then kill him. I don't particularly care.

The only other scenario I can come up with that makes any sense is that Webadict is a Mafia-ally who misread Jim's alignment but correctly identified Max. I'm not willing to invest the effort necessary into pursuing that line of logic and then wrangling Tric into acting like a sane person long enough to put a lynch together.

Deus Asmoth

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Townhunting is a legitimate strategy for finding scum.  It can be used to create a Process of Elimination (PoE) on who scum can be.  ToonyMan was listed as "lol, cuz" because he's legitimately that good and sometimes, I have to take a risk on assuming he's Town or scum because if I don't, I'll be stuck in an endless battle of wondering if he's Town or scum.  I'm actually fine with ToonyMan being dead because it verifies that he's Town, although he was just about as confirmed as Max or I were from Yesterday's play.
None of this explains why your current theory that I'm scum directly contradicts most of what you said yesterday. It also doesn't explain the pointless antagonism you were doing, but I don't think either or us are interested in discussing that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tric, you wanna shoot whichever one we don't vote? If you suspect me or web more, it's probably a good idea to let us know now. I'm not going to blame you. Well, I will a little bit.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Web, I think I'm not going to vote until we hear from Knightwing. Deus actually agreeing to that plan makes me want to be careful.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Web, I think I'm not going to vote until we hear from Knightwing. Deus actually agreeing to that plan makes me want to be careful.
I mean, yeah, but the chance that it's him has increased to 99% because he forgot that he claimed Cop and hasn't posted inspection results.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, yeah, but the chance that it's him has increased to 99% because he forgot that he claimed Cop and hasn't posted inspection results.
There is that, lol.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Oh, is it role claim time?

I didn’t do anything last night.

I have the Commuter Spirit of BluarianKnight. I have no abilities but I can’t be targeted by night actions, any actions that target me in any way shape or form fails and you get a blocked result.

I legitimately cannot be killed other then by a lynch.

Also, is there 3 mafias?

Because the title makes it seem like there’s three mafias. That might be bad.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Also

How did you come to the conclusion that I’m the only person that could reasonably be scum?

That makes no sense, none of us are hard cleared, anyone could be mafia. If the mod hasn’t outright stated someone is town, there’s room to doubt.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I honestly don't see any reason to post my inspection results. They're not useful and it's easier to just skip to the bit where I die.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Also

How did you come to the conclusion that I’m the only person that could reasonably be scum?

That makes no sense, none of us are hard cleared, anyone could be mafia. If the mod hasn’t outright stated someone is town, there’s room to doubt.
I posted my reasons in the same post that your clearly read. If you have a problem with my logic you can explain it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26