Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: XMAS 2022 GIVEAWAY  (Read 14712 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: XMAS 2022 GIVEAWAY
« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2023, 10:58:03 am »

Hey look, it's the Factorio drawing!

It turns out that notquitethere is the winner!  Way to go, notquitethere!

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2023, 12:15:17 pm »

I'll save Saints Row 3 from the Orphanage. Got the itch for it and the newer game was.. a showing that the new devs don't have that quality.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2023, 01:29:31 pm »

Sorry to keep you waiting folks! Here's my yesterday's draws to kick off the new year :D

Going Medieval goes to fatcat__25!

Hard West 2 goes to Reyn!

Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord goes to Persus13!

Congratulations to the winners!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:32:03 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2023, 01:49:00 pm »

Surprised there wasn't more competition for Bannerlord but grateful for the game. Thanks A1s for managing the giveaway this year!

Did AlStar send you his copy? I've also got a copy that needs an owner.

That'd be great of you! AIStar might have missed it.
Sent delphonso a copy of Wargroove yesterday btw for the record keepers.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2023, 03:34:40 pm »

Back from 3.5d of off-the-grid catsitting, so I can once again post and respond. Let's see what I missed.

[...]

Okay, it looks like anything I put in the orphanage that I could take out again was covered by someone else. Except Saint's Row: The Third, which I thought I'd sent ZebioLizard2 a key for (and got an acknowledging PM WRT it) on the 28th, so I'm just totally confused about that.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to:

!save Penguin IQ Test "E. Albright"

And I didn't see a drawing for it mentioned yesterday (nor signups), but heydude6, if it's still in need of a home, I'd be more than willing to !save Noita "E. Albright"

Finally, thanks again to all donors, receivers, and organizers. I fully encourage anyone even remotely interested in any games I put up in the orphanage to claim them; I've already got (and probably mostly haven't played) half of them, and I realistically probably won't ever even install the other half (though given time I may add them to my heap of unplayed games on Steam to reduce the size of my heap of unclaimed keys on Fanatical and Humble). If you think you'd get an hour's amusement out of something, it's well worth giving it to you IMO...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 04:42:42 pm by E. Albright »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2023, 04:05:08 pm »

Haven’t done the draw yet, was partying last night. Will do it when I get home.

Noita isn’t going to the orphanage though, because the losers from the previous noita draw get entered into future ones. You can see the list of people the third post of the OP.

I assume you want to enter the draw though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2023, 04:32:02 pm »

Back from 3.5d of off-the-grid catsitting, so I can once again post and respond. Let's see what I missed.

Okay, it looks like anything I put in the orphanage that I could take out again was covered by someone else. Except Saint's Row: The Third, which I thought I'd sent ZebioLizard2 a key for (and got an acknowledging PM WRT it) on the 28th, so I'm just totally confused about that.
The brain during new years was somewhere else. Whoops, yep I did infact get that key.  :o

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 01, 2023, 04:42:19 pm »

Noita isn’t going to the orphanage though, because the losers from the previous noita draw get entered into future ones. You can see the list of people the third post of the OP.

I assume you want to enter the draw though.

D'oh, I'm very observant. Nah, I don't need entered. There's enough others who will likely get more use out of it than me so long as it has a home.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 01, 2023, 07:32:34 pm »

@E. Albright
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to:

!save Penguin IQ Test "E. Albright"

Finally, thanks again to all donors, receivers, and organizers. I fully encourage anyone even remotely interested in any games I put up in the orphanage to claim them; I've already got (and probably mostly haven't played) half of them, and I realistically probably won't ever even install the other half (though given time I may add them to my heap of unplayed games on Steam to reduce the size of my heap of unclaimed keys on Fanatical and Humble). If you think you'd get an hour's amusement out of something, it's well worth giving it to you IMO...
Thanks for the closing words. Beside the aspects of giveaway and (for titles you already played yourself) sharing the game you liked with more people, this event brings also the exploration boon for me: you get to see what others with somewhat similar taste are in, maybe there are some interesting titles that slipped your radar. This time, I have already tossed like 10 games I may like into my wishlist to check them later either after I joined the draw but was not drawn or after checking games some new friends have enjoyed the most.

re Penguin IQ Test: AFAIK it is available only at Steam so I can only give it as a a Steam gift. For that I would need you to have you as my friend, at least temporarily. In case you feel picky about your friend list, feel free to remove me again after the transaction is concluded. Sadly, there used to be a free demo but it seems it got deactivated few months ago.

@heydude6
Check your received friend invites please, too.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 01, 2023, 10:06:37 pm »

Praising a1s for their work on the giveaway is always worthwhile.

Seriously - many thanks! Always good to see games going to people who'll actually play them.

As a reminder, all of the below are still available:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:36:30 pm by AlStar »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 01, 2023, 10:07:59 pm »

Doing the draw now:

Noita goes to Great Order
Zero Ranger goes to lemon10

Sending friend requests now. Note, last year I had some difficulties due to regional pricing. With how far the Canadian dollar has fallen in value, I expect them to come up again. Please bear with me as I sort them out. Unfortunately, there is a chance though that you might not get the game.

I've also accepted Detros' invite.

Ninjaed:

I'll take Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery from the orphanage.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2023, 04:37:38 am »

Okay, let's try again.

!save Tropico 3: Gold Edition "feelotraveller"
!save Starbound "feelotraveller"

Happy new year, all.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2023, 05:07:15 am »

!save Starbound "feelotraveller"

Key sent

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2023, 10:17:29 am »

Thank you, even if it fails to work out due to pricing issues.

I'll see everyone next year, hopefully on the giving end!
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2023, 11:30:12 am »

Just throwing it out there, if Noita ends up not working for any of the entrants due to regional pricing issues, I'm a Canadian who would be happy to give it a home. I've run up against this issue many times myself and usually end up having to gift things through GOG instead of Steam. If I recall they make you pay extra for inter-region gifts but don't block it altogether, so that might be an option you could discuss with the winner(s). It's a huge pain either way.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21