Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 32886 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day One
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2023, 11:48:35 am »

@nqt:  What play from EuchreJack would cause you to think he's Town?
If he flips town, that'd be a good indicator.

But in serious, if I'm convinced it looks like he's trying to catch scum and not work out best play for the mafia team, I'll move my vote to someone else. Or maybe I'll vote someone else when they're more obviously scummy. Usual.

Jack wasn't on the bandwagon though?
I know? The first part was my giving myself permission to unvote when a person hadn't responded to the initial vote, something I'd not normally do. My reason for voting Jack is separate.

Discussion prompt is a discussion prompt.
Hmm

Do you think Mafia wins if they lay low?
I think there are solid mechanical reasons for mafia to not kill N1 but kill every other night, though whether they do or not depends on the personalities of the mafia team and what role flips.

Rolefishing as a scumtell is usually kind of bullshit (though as scum I have fished sometimes, just as I have as town- I like to understand what's going on in the game), but appearing to work out in public whether it's safe for you to use your kill is a very bad look!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2023, 11:59:10 am »

@nqt:  What play from EuchreJack would cause you to think he's Town?
If he flips town, that'd be a good indicator.

But in serious, if I'm convinced it looks like he's trying to catch scum and not work out best play for the mafia team, I'll move my vote to someone else. Or maybe I'll vote someone else when they're more obviously scummy. Usual.
If you flip mafia, that will be a good indicator. If you flip town, that will be a good indicator. Indicator of what NQT?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2023, 12:02:44 pm »

Hmm I like NQT's attitude towards Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2023, 12:42:08 pm »

If you flip mafia, that will be a good indicator. If you flip town, that will be a good indicator. Indicator of what NQT?
I was using irony and understatement when I said that Jack flipping town would be a good indicator that he is town. I'm not sure what you are meaning by 'indicator' here. Rephrase your question if you want it answered.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2023, 12:50:37 pm »

I was using irony and understatement when I said that Jack flipping town would be a good indicator that he is town. I'm not sure what you are meaning by 'indicator' here. Rephrase your question if you want it answered.
Guess my TricMagic has revealed your false faith. Not even an attempt to answer? Just deflection.

If you flip mafia, it's a good indicator of who you are. If you flip town, it's a good indicator of who you are. Not that that matters, cause the indicated happens to be dead town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2023, 01:14:28 pm »

I'd rather vote a player that isn't here then someone I don't really think is mafia.

Who do you think dies tonight? Or at least, who do you think mafia will want to kill most?
Fair enough and I'm not gonna go into specifics cause then mafia are probably gonna kill that person because they think they are funny. But probably a person they think is too close to the truth (somehow) or they know tends to be competent. What branch they are on will also probably have a large effect in the decently likely chance they are on the same level as a person who has pretty much already revealed their role. Or who knows maybe they throw darts!
Do you think mafia have a good idea what branch each player is right now?

If there's a mafia in Stem we're a little fucked since they just have to find the non-Tric Stem, but whatever.

extremely calm post
I don't like this or the vote on Max. I think your justification here is a sudden turn from your previous stance and sounds phony to me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2023, 01:33:25 pm »

Guess my TricMagic has revealed your false faith. Not even an attempt to answer? Just deflection.
Mate you were just being incoherent. Of course my flip indicates who I am. That's obvious. I didn't answer that because it didn't occur to me you were asking something so brain dead. Come on.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2023, 01:42:29 pm »

I've been taking weekends mostly off the internet lately, and it's been nice.
I should have thought of that before joining this.

Oh well. Anyway. Uhhh, unvote. I usually like voting someone out just for inactivity, but it's probably a bad idea in this game.

Mate you were just being incoherent. Of course my flip indicates who I am. That's obvious. I didn't answer that because it didn't occur to me you were asking something so brain dead. Come on.
That's Tric. Do you really not know Tric yet?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2023, 01:45:47 pm »

I've been taking weekends mostly off the internet lately, and it's been nice.
I should have thought of that before joining this.

Oh well. Anyway. Uhhh, unvote. I usually like voting someone out just for inactivity, but it's probably a bad idea in this game.

That's Tric. Do you really not know Tric yet?
Apparently not, since NQT was the one who said it would be a good indicator in the first place. What does that make them?

News flash, a Dead Town is never a Good indicator. Just an informative one.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2023, 02:33:17 pm »

I like you Tric, but this is totally inane and I don't want to spend any more time on it.

---

Fluffe, I recommend voting early and often if you would like other players to be able to read you. Shooting from the hip, who would you eliminate now if you had to?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2023, 02:46:37 pm »

Considering the (almost) complete lack of data I'd frankly be shocked if they did and wonder if they are very lucky or literal Einstein mathematical and social geniuses in which case I probably shouldn't be playing this game.

Fluffe, I recommend voting early and often if you would like other players to be able to read you. Shooting from the hip, who would you eliminate now if you had to?
Frankly, No One there is simply not enough evidence for me to be confident enough to vote for literally anyone right now. If that aint satisfying enough and im literally forced at gunpoint then I say the guy currently forcing me to vote at gunpoint haha. I will say though I think voting for a1s right now is a bad idea if they are town then we are one step closer to losing and if they are mafia then well they are pretty much dead weight right now considering they aint been online at all for about two days. Of course, if they come back then that changes things but I have a feeling it's in our best interest to keep em around for now. (They will probably get auto yeeted by NJW if they stay inactive anyway)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2023, 03:24:49 pm »

Frankly, No One there is simply not enough evidence for me to be confident enough to vote for literally anyone right now. If that aint satisfying enough and im literally forced at gunpoint then I say the guy currently forcing me to vote at gunpoint haha. I will say though I think voting for a1s right now is a bad idea if they are town then we are one step closer to losing and if they are mafia then well they are pretty much dead weight right now considering they aint been online at all for about two days. Of course, if they come back then that changes things but I have a feeling it's in our best interest to keep em around for now. (They will probably get auto yeeted by NJW if they stay inactive anyway)
Do you think someone will catch mafia on N1?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2023, 03:33:16 pm »

Considering the (almost) complete lack of data I'd frankly be shocked if they did and wonder if they are very lucky or literal Einstein mathematical and social geniuses in which case I probably shouldn't be playing this game.

Amazing, every word of what you said is wrong.

There is unfortunately too much date on roles currently.  I'd rather not point it out, but there have been at least hints of player roles.
To make things worse, mafia know two roles on default, whereas town only know one without analyzing the game.

As for a1s, a missing townie is a useless townie, whereas a missing mafia is an extra life for the active mafia player.
Although, in this particular game, a dead townie brings us a lot closer to losing.

extremely calm post
I don't like this or the vote on Max. I think your justification here is a sudden turn from your previous stance and sounds phony to me.
Oh, and screw you Toony.
My thought process was the following:
I had originally intended to unvote web, but forgot. Hence having a vote on web that wasn't accurate to my current mind state.
Then, upon reviewing Tric's list of suspects, I figured "well, maybe one is scum?"
I had originally had higher suspicion of NQT, but just wasn't feeling it.
So I figured that I would check Max out.  And then I noted Max was communicating more like his scum-self than his town-self.  So I followed that up with a question.  NQT giving me shit had me figuring I should double down on Max with a vote.
...and here we are.

Honestly, I'd like a1s to post so we could decide properly on them.  If they don't post, I'm quite happy to eliminate them. What I suspect will happen is they'll vote with less than 24 hours, so we'll be stuck scrambling for the Day 1 lynch.  Which is gonna suck.  So we should probably start working on secondary lynches.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2023, 03:42:41 pm »

A ton of stuff.
I'm sorry but I don't consider subtle hints to be actual evidence in a game where the goal of the mafia is to deceive and yeah normally I'd agree that no talk = lynch but in this case we could literally lose on day ONE if they happen to be the wrong role it's not worth the risk.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2023, 03:47:46 pm »

Do you think someone will catch mafia on N1?
It's possible but it would require the Stem or Flower to use their oneshot on the very first day and to get quite lucky. I say it's unlikely but not impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47