Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 32891 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2023, 06:45:42 pm »

Humorously incompetent NQT
the usual scummy NQT?
Shady NQT was right to say that
But NQT is always mafia.
I can't think of anything I've liked about NQT
I'm beginning to feel unappreciated in this subforum! I think I used to have an okay rep as a player... somehow I managed to squander it through bad play and rolling mafia repeatedly.
Hey, I was clear that I always find you shady and it probably didn't mean anything. Which, after all, is mutual.

So I back off for a second and suddenly everyone hates Toony except... web and Jim? (And Fluffy.) Okay, I guess. I mean, I buy that it's him. If web hadn't pointed it out I actually came this close to accidentally hammering because I didn't notice Jack's vote. So consider me spiritually on board, I guess.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2023, 06:49:42 pm »

Unvote
No, I don't like this. ToonyMan
Keep the pressure high, don't back off.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2023, 06:51:16 pm »

Just so you know I'm blocking you tonight if Toony is Mafia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2023, 06:52:04 pm »

Toony's never answered, so I'm perfectly fine with it going for another day of discussion. As is, you're cutting webadict off with that vote.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2023, 06:55:41 pm »

Toony's never answered, so I'm perfectly fine with it going for another day of discussion. As is, you're cutting webadict off with that vote.
Well, I'm not saying to hammer.
But it's like this.
This is no time to bus, especially with NJW's rule change.
So there are three possibilities:
ToonyMan is town;
ToonyMan is mafia and the other mafia is not on the wagon;
or ToonyMan is mafia and the other mafia is on the wagon, and is going to have to play chicken and jump off before someone hammers or day ends.

Keeping up the pressure is the only way to find out which.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2023, 07:00:02 pm »

Well, I'm not saying to hammer.
But it's like this.
This is no time to bus, especially with NJW's rule change.
So there are three possibilities:
ToonyMan is town;
ToonyMan is mafia and the other mafia is not on the wagon;
or ToonyMan is mafia and the other mafia is on the wagon, and is going to have to play chicken and jump off before someone hammers or day ends.

Keeping up the pressure is the only way to find out which.
Rules lawyering that only matters if that specific mafia segement is dead. Remember there is no rule against self-hammering?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2023, 07:04:28 pm »

I'm not going to self hammer like a moron Tric. I'm definitely feeling the pressure I had to take a break to make dinner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2023, 07:06:54 pm »

I don't think a day should be ended this short ever when matters are unclear in the first place unless there was some advantage to do so.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2023, 07:07:38 pm »

Rules lawyering that only matters if that specific mafia segement is dead. Remember there is no rule against self-hammering?
That has nothing to do with anything? Self-hammering would be extremely destructive to the mafia since they need both mafia players alive OR they can only win by killing the three players in the "pure" tranche. That happens if just one mafia player gets lynched by any means.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2023, 07:16:01 pm »

I was thinking of this series of posts when I was making those reads. The progression also looks natural in general, but I would expect a mafia!Web to pull this off as well.

And yes, I do think he's been a standout case in your favor, not that I disagree with that.
Alrighty, fair enough thank you for explaining! I wish I had more to say in general but I still aint confident enough to outright go that guy is SUS yet the only thing that really stood out to me so far is Webadict claiming Stem not long after Tric did im still frankly not sure why he would do that at all considering how easy it would make it for mafia if they had a stem member.
It's a mindplay by Web. I think that's fine.

I swear I thought Web was going to die at the end of D1.

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die. I don't think a1s is likely to be scum with anyone but Jim. You'd have to argue a1s is mafia with me or Jim or I don't think your argument has much merit.

I didn't really want to vote Max after Jim proposed it since I felt good about them so I was deciding between NQT and Webadict. I decided on Webadict because honestly Webadict saying that NQT always gets D1 sus lynched made me feel bad.

I think NQT and Max are the most likely to be scum right now, but NQT's recent vote on Max and their behavior between each other D1 would mean they're distancing. I'm not really sure.

I think Jim is correct that Max's attack on me today looks agenda-driven, which is scum behavior.
That underlined part is emotional. And Max doesn't have many other options in the first place but to distance.

You ay you feel bad about NQT, then say NQT/Max is the scum pairing. Without any evidence against NQT, jut Max sociology. Not even an in-depth look into why it could be.
All of my feelings are emotional Tric. The other half is when I use logic/reasoning.

wow

much insight
Yes yes my statement is a nothingburger by the way what the hell did you mean by "web backs them quite a bit" like I'm obviously not that observant but I don't see how he backed me up anymore than the average person backed me up your views on things feels quiet inconsistent.
I was thinking of this series of posts when I was making those reads. The progression also looks natural in general, but I would expect a mafia!Web to pull this off as well.

And yes, I do think he's been a standout case in your favor, not that I disagree with that.
ToonyMan, just for that I'm voting you unless you can tell me what you've done here.
I don't know what you want from me, Web would back up Fluffe as town or mafia in my opinion.

I don't like any of this. I think this is most disingenuous argument against me out of everyone, like you're an actor speaking on a stage.

This is an all town wagon. Scum are in [Fluffe9911, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan] we got this game in the bag.
This doesn't sound like a town player to me. I think you're trying to stir a lynch mob since you know I'm a danger to you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2023, 07:22:34 pm »

I think NQT is my top pick if I'm killed suddenly. I think his votes on Jack and a1s during D1 are suspicious and same for their vote on me today. Like Jack and a1s are both voting me today but now NQT says scum are inside Fluffe/Jim/Max/Me. I would like to be more articulate if I could.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2023, 07:24:35 pm »

I'm going to eat my dinner now before it's cold.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2023, 07:27:19 pm »

I was just trying the Toony trick of confidently calling the scum team. Toony has managed to catch the exact team this way in two recent games. I'm saying it's Toony/Fluff.

Toony what's disingenuous about my argument? And what justification would I have for piling on? If I were mafia, I could just go to bed and let town do the work.

My positions on Jack and A1s yesterday were crystal clear. Jack was dodgy but I thought his meltdown was genuine, I never liked a1s's disengagement, but when I woke up D2 and saw end of day, I thought their sacrificial play was townsided. I've been more forthcoming D1 about actual reasons to vote than most players. You're not convincing me you're town here, Toon!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2023, 07:39:51 pm »

I was just trying the Toony trick of confidently calling the scum team. Toony has managed to catch the exact team this way in two recent games. I'm saying it's Toony/Fluff.

Toony what's disingenuous about my argument? And what justification would I have for piling on? If I were mafia, I could just go to bed and let town do the work.

My positions on Jack and A1s yesterday were crystal clear. Jack was dodgy but I thought his meltdown was genuine, I never liked a1s's disengagement, but when I woke up D2 and saw end of day, I thought their sacrificial play was townsided. I've been more forthcoming D1 about actual reasons to vote than most players. You're not convincing me you're town here, Toon!
...the trick only works if you don't explain it.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2023, 07:44:01 pm »

Ay don't rope me into this! I'm a perfectly law-abiding part of this here... plant I guess!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47