Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread - End  (Read 9519 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2023, 09:48:49 pm »

Not worrying about 1.1 next turn, yes, but turn after that it'll be an issue for me. Unless I go down to 5 morale with its 4% growth, leaving me at 10,900
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2023, 10:08:02 pm »

Spoiler: Toaster can't read (click to show/hide)

Thank you!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2023, 10:20:25 pm »

So, slowed growth after 12 labor, and stopping entirely at 18 labor if you keep up a +2 morale. Though it might slow to a useless crawl before 18.

Not a *huge* incentive to rush town planning. Which is a shame because it's a good flavor opportunity. :p

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2023, 12:38:39 am »

Yeah. On further reflection I think I need the 1% growth rate enough to go for it this turn. So if it's not too late I'm going to edit my turn to not consume the clothing, should make the next turn smoother.

Also, for Nirur Torir, how will research work? Well, maybe not exact numbers, but how "hard" is it to get one of the techs? Would putting all 3 dudes into the research hut be likely to give it? Just 2 dudes? What happens if we put too many dudes into research, is it just wasted or does the overspill help in some way?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2023, 11:58:46 am »

Also, will revolts from low morale be different due to my democratic nature? I'd think it would lower chances of active rebellion but lowering morale might quickly remove or replace leaders. Assuming that most people can participate in the democracy, which is currently the case but may evolve as the city grows.
I haven't thought very hard about rebellions. That's probably about the point where you just lost three quarters of your army, some four-armed barbarians razed your colony, and your rival made the friendly trader elf NPCs hate you.
At that point, I don't think voting in new leaders to continue the old system would be enough to mollify your people.

Sort of annoying that I'll be getting 1 spirituality per turn but needing 1.1. :p
I guess I can use food as a luxury instead for a turn and stock up on spirituality.
Error 888 unable to pile religious sermons up in a warehouse error.
You can use 3 partial luxury sources to get +2 morale, such as 1 spirituality, 1 clothing, and 0.2 food for 11,000 people.

At least assuming that the bonus from luxuries resets every turn. I don't remember if that was stated. And I don't think it's stated what our morale starts at either. Maybe we start with 1 morale but luxuries raise it permanently?
No, you'll still be at 5+1(clothes)+1(spirituality)=7 every turn, barring other changes.
If high morale becomes too easy to sustain, I'll stick a (-1 morale above population X) debuff on a building that raises the population cap.

Completely relevantly what goes into attacking a City?
It's about the same as a regular battle, but you'll probably have to deal with militia attrition in the main city hex. A success would hurt their morale, kill people, damage buildings, and steal stuff. If their morale is bad enough, they'll probably lose the game, have people flee, and have their city devolve into a weak NPC town that pays you tribute.
You can more easily raid the surrounding city hexes to keep them from working it, destroy improvements, and steal fewer resources.

So, slowed growth after 12 labor, and stopping entirely at 18 labor if you keep up a +2 morale. Though it might slow to a useless crawl before 18.

Not a *huge* incentive to rush town planning. Which is a shame because it's a good flavor opportunity. :p
I didn't want to cripple the people who don't have it in their tech list this era.

Yeah. On further reflection I think I need the 1% growth rate enough to go for it this turn. So if it's not too late I'm going to edit my turn to not consume the clothing, should make the next turn smoother.

Also, for Nirur Torir, how will research work? Well, maybe not exact numbers, but how "hard" is it to get one of the techs? Would putting all 3 dudes into the research hut be likely to give it? Just 2 dudes? What happens if we put too many dudes into research, is it just wasted or does the overspill help in some way?
You can change it, I haven't started writing the turns yet. I'll write yours last, and try to get the turn out tonight.
Tech labor costs for this era will range from 1, with luck and on an easy tech, to 5 with bad rolls on a hard tech. Overflow will probably go into another random tech, but there's a chance of some other benefit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2023, 12:36:38 pm »

Sort of annoying that I'll be getting 1 spirituality per turn but needing 1.1. :p
I guess I can use food as a luxury instead for a turn and stock up on spirituality.
Error 888 unable to pile religious sermons up in a warehouse error.
You can use 3 partial luxury sources to get +2 morale, such as 1 spirituality, 1 clothing, and 0.2 food for 11,000 people.

You'd need 1 extra food, not 0.2. Extra food is a luxury for 2,000 people while a normal luxury good is enough for 10,000.

Well, unless you'd like to change that rule. It might be easier to count if it's worth the same as other luxuries. :p

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2023, 01:03:11 pm »

I meant 0.2 luxuries from food, which is indeed 1 food.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2023, 03:22:53 pm »

Crazyabe: You can't send your military out of the city, to capture animals or otherwise, while it's training, and you can't use animals the same turn you capture them.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2023, 03:53:52 pm »

Adjusted.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2023, 08:54:50 pm »

I was ready to post the turn, but I forgot the world map, which I don't want to rush out tonight, so I'm going to delay the turn again. This isn't dead though.

Crazyabe: You can't work tile 0, giving you a free laborer and only 9 food. Since unit training costs no labor, you have a second extra laborer to assign.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2023, 09:04:58 pm »

Will anyone be able to see the world map yet? We didn't start with units, and they can't be sent the turn they're trained.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2023, 09:07:20 pm »

I was ready to post the turn, but I forgot the world map, which I don't want to rush out tonight, so I'm going to delay the turn again. This isn't dead though.

Crazyabe: You can't work tile 0, giving you a free laborer and only 9 food. Since unit training costs no labor, you have a second extra laborer to assign.

Every game that says it isn’t dead dies immediately :(
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2023, 09:21:55 pm »

Will anyone be able to see the world map yet? We didn't start with units, and they can't be sent the turn they're trained.
They're being trained turn 1, now. Once I post turn 1 results it will become turn 2, and they will be trained and ready to scout.

Every game that says it isn’t dead dies immediately :(
I want these games to catch back on. I can't let it die before everyone else sees how fun they are, even if I'm slow and only aiming for one turn a week.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2023, 09:31:58 pm »

Adjusted. again.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2023, 08:00:41 pm »

Just to check in, is this game still not dead?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19