Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread - End  (Read 9442 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2023, 02:49:44 am »

In what ways can I interact with the little Grugg village?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2023, 02:15:12 pm »

The standard ways are raids, threats, and gifts, but there's some room to be creative with diplomacy. How would you like to interact with them?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2023, 02:25:57 pm »

Might I suggest sending them a fruit basket?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2023, 03:01:09 pm »

The standard ways are raids, threats, and gifts, but there's some room to be creative with diplomacy. How would you like to interact with them?

Nothing yet, just planning for the future
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2023, 09:37:24 pm »

I don't think I get the 10% bonus to labor this turn right? Copy past error from previous turn or am I missing something?

Also yay, new turn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2023, 10:09:09 pm »

To build more spider ranches, do I need to spend a turn (and 1 food) producing spiders instead of silk? Can this be done simultaneously with building the new ranch?

Also you have me at needing 1.3 luxuries but I think I only need 1.2, since I have 12 pops +1 labor from industriousness.

EDIT: Also, can I make clothes out of leather?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 12:01:51 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2023, 12:54:46 pm »

Just to confirm, it wouldn't work to have +2 morale from:
- 2 spirituality
- 0.4 clothing
(for a pop of 12,000)

or such?

Also, sort of a vague question but would it likely be tactically advantageous to field 1 speargruggi unit with 1 archer unit rather than 2 speargruggi? 15% melee damage is a little more palpable than whatever advantage there is to having a mix of shock and projectile.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 01:01:56 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2023, 01:22:31 pm »

Also on animal taming, if we don't have any any animals to make the animal producing pastures, can we add them in later to allow that pasture to produce animals?

Edit: I did my turn under the assumption that I only have 12 labor, if I'm mistaken I'll go back in and edit it to use the extra labor.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 01:52:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2023, 03:15:21 pm »

I don't think I get the 10% bonus to labor this turn right? Copy past error from previous turn or am I missing something?

Also yay, new turn.
Corrected, only 12.

To build more spider ranches, do I need to spend a turn (and 1 food) producing spiders instead of silk? Can this be done simultaneously with building the new ranch?

Also you have me at needing 1.3 luxuries but I think I only need 1.2, since I have 12 pops +1 labor from industriousness.

EDIT: Also, can I make clothes out of leather?
Yes and yes.
Corrected. 11 food, 1.2 luxury need.
I feel like I shouldn't allow clothing to be made from leather, for the balance of you needing to trade for wool, but I can't actually justify not allowing your pre-metal civilization to make clothes from animal furs and hides. Go ahead and make clothes from leather, at the same material:clothing ratio as wool.

Just to confirm, it wouldn't work to have +2 morale from:
- 2 spirituality
- 0.4 clothing
(for a pop of 12,000)

or such?

Also, sort of a vague question but would it likely be tactically advantageous to field 1 speargruggi unit with 1 archer unit rather than 2 speargruggi? 15% melee damage is a little more palpable than whatever advantage there is to having a mix of shock and projectile.
Correct, you need a variety of luxuries, and anything past 1.2 spirituality will almost always be wasted for a workforce of 12.
I don't want to answer such questions. If you want a simulated battle, you'll need to either train them yourself and have them spend the turn wargaming, or meet another player and trust them enough to not betray you during a fake fight.

Also on animal taming, if we don't have any any animals to make the animal producing pastures, can we add them in later to allow that pasture to produce animals?
Yes. It'll be a free change-over, but if you want the pasture to make use of the special animal immediately, you'll have to have them ready to put in the pasture right at the start of the turn.
I think I'll have to limit animals in warehouses so you can't have a warehouse packed with 4 unicorns, 2 phoenixes, and 2 krakens, to swap out for their resources. I'll probably charge 1 food/turn/animal not on a pasture or in a special storage ranch, but that's not a final ruling.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2023, 05:17:08 pm »

So we can (in theory) have 20 bears stockpiled in one warehouse...

I don't want to answer such questions. If you want a simulated battle, you'll need to either train them yourself and have them spend the turn wargaming, or meet another player and trust them enough to not betray you during a fake fight.
Wait we can do that? I guess that's instead of exploring, but still! Seems not all research comes from the learning hall!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2023, 06:32:46 pm »

So we can (in theory) have 20 bears stockpiled in one warehouse...

Only if you remember to store them flat-packed!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2023, 10:06:19 pm »

I think I'll have to limit animals in warehouses so you can't have a warehouse packed with 4 unicorns, 2 phoenixes, and 2 krakens, to swap out for their resources. I'll probably charge 1 food/turn/animal not on a pasture or in a special storage ranch, but that's not a final ruling.

Probably a good idea. I think without that pastures sorta serve as a better alternative to the granary, which is probably not the intention.

Although without that and now with leather being able to be used to make clothing, I'm going to need to consider swapping my research around. Might not make sense to go for animal husbandry if I can get by on leather clothing and extra hunting houses... Hmm. I'll have to think about it a little bit.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2023, 07:21:43 am »

Whoops, realized an obvious issue with my turn. With the bonus labor I was going to hit 1.3 luxuries required next turn, making food luxury unaffordable as a gap filler for spirituality. Swapped to building the Praise the Sun building, although afaik it's not noted what its name is anywhere? I called it solar shrine, but will swap it to whatever when required.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 10:07:52 am by Criptfeind »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2023, 11:42:08 pm »

Whoops, miscalculated my labor. Shuffled to account for phantom elves promising to be in two places at once, and also the realization that my food issues are easier solved with fishing than ranching and hunting. Also rephrased the bumper crop as less food required rather than more food produced, to line up with GM phrasing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2023, 11:44:09 pm »

Should probably invest in more irrigation sooner than I'm doing. But bare minimum defenses first.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19