Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29457 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #525 on: May 14, 2023, 10:09:33 am »

Hmm. The way my ability is worded seems like it would imply that's not the case, but what do I know. The word Act (upon) is used rather than Target.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 14, 2023, 10:12:39 am »

Concerning..

The order of actions here are Egan Jails Web, Web Roleblocks NQT.. Did NQT get roleblocked though if web was jailed?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 14, 2023, 10:14:46 am »

Maybe the numbers change at random because screw us. I mean that would be convenient because then I wouldn't have to think about a mechanic I have no solid information on at all.

Pretty sure nobody could have interacted with you unless they had a copy of my own ability or something.
I guess it's also possible that my ability has a hidden-to-me effect on numbers? I don't know it all just seems random to me because my role doesn't state any way it interacts with them.
Not true.  Some Abilities have Choose.  I have one like that, so it's definitely there, and that can do it.
My Auto Innate is a choice. I "choose" a player without targeting.

Now we're really getting into Yugioh card game terminology.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 14, 2023, 11:14:35 am »

Concerning..

The order of actions here are Egan Jails Web, Web Roleblocks NQT.. Did NQT get roleblocked though if web was jailed?
Assumedly not.  OoO would imply that all of my Actions didn't happen, which explains NQT's incredulity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 14, 2023, 11:48:45 am »

Only one of my numbers changed by one point (upward).  This doesn't correspond with the number of actions I took.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 14, 2023, 11:49:20 am »

Also, I'm totally down with lynching Jim but let's not accidentally hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 14, 2023, 11:50:29 am »

Also NQT has an additional vote.   Is that because he's gold?  Who knows.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 14, 2023, 11:51:54 am »

I swear Jack.. Did you have anything to do with that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2023, 12:11:06 pm »

Jim admitted to being scum in mason chat with me and NJW. >:(

All my numbers are exactly the same as they were the last day. Considering I did three actions, I don't think that has anything to do with how they work.

I targeted the players I did because I thought they might be willing to play ball, but it's not like I can't escalate if I need to.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2023, 12:17:34 pm »

I'd step lightly Max lest you be the next to fall instead.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2023, 12:24:46 pm »

Jim Groovester.

I inspected him, and he was cult.

I have my suspicions about what really happened with his "inspect" on Webadict tonight, as well.
Ah. I was going to say I trusted Jim now, because he claimed to use an inspect on webadict and was unable to target him. Since I prevented people from acting on webadict, I believed that Jim acted on him. Perhaps I actually parried a conversion attempt?

Fucking neato, I wake up to a guilty inspect on me and then I find out that I could've proven that my night action wasn't a conversion but somebody made webadict untargetable.

...Yeah, that would be the smart thing for scum to claim if their convert/kill gets blocked, wouldn't it?
It would. He's putting the pressure on Web immediately, which is the smart thing for scum!Jim to do given the KW elim and the number of people willing to kill Jim yesterday.

The only thing is, I think Jim genuinely wanted web out yesterday, and cult!Jim always, always goes after the other cult leader D1. So the weird thing would be Jim trying to recruit someone he probably thought he couldn't.

Describing the recruit as an inspect would make sense in that context though... because most multiball (multiple scum factions) games, it kind of is that. Because cult can't recruit other cult, as a measure to reduce swing.

I think it's plausible that Jim would use a recruit on someone he thought was cult. He's very confident in his ability to control town solo.

'hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm, yes, yes, yes, in my very high IQ (very high) analysis there are parts of Jim's stated claims and actions that don't make sense within the premise that he's cult, but I can still conveniently rationalize them away as needed'

Or maybe, I actually did (attempt to) inspect webadict, since I could have confirmed that he inspected as mafia and also learned his win condition, which would tell me what his alignment actually was regardless of what he inspected as.

I think it's plausible that Jim would use a recruit on someone he thought was cult. He's very confident in his ability to control town solo.

I don't believe that I'm reading this.

Unless I have literally Maximum Spin telling me what to do I am the safest scum player. If I'm a cult leader, I do not recruit somebody I think has a good chance of being one over somebody who could, you know, help me win the game. Like ToonyMan (but actually TricMagic).

Jim.

I told you.

I can't be converted :)

I didn't try. :)

lucky number speculation

You know, if at any point anybody else wants to share what they know, I'm willing to share what I know about them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2023, 12:25:48 pm »

I'd step lightly Max lest you be the next to fall instead.
Don't be ridiculous.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2023, 12:37:56 pm »

Jim confirmed they were Cult in Jim/Max/NJW chat. NJW said they got an inspect result of Cult before that. Certainly looks like you got converted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 14, 2023, 12:41:22 pm »

It would be odd for Jim to try to convert Webadict who would have actually died D1 if he got one more vote. I wouldn't put it past his Jimmy Neutron brain though.

NJW inspecting Jim instead of Web was clever and makes sense to me from his perspective. I don't think he's lying. So either NJW is being messed with, or Jim is lying.

I don't think Cult!Jim tries to convert me or Tric because he'd be scared we wouldn't be town. Cult!Jim probably converts Knightwing last night...oh wait he died.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2023, 12:44:42 pm »

I targeted the players I did because I thought they might be willing to play ball, but it's not like I can't escalate if I need to.
Max feels like an Ob Nixilis-style demon again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that offered me or Egan to give up one of our abilities.

Like I said: I don't have anything worth offering. Anything I could offer wouldn't do anything for other players.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 88