Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29470 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2023, 04:11:06 pm »

Pfp

I'm not stalling shit. I'm trying to stop both scum teams at the same time. Don't get me wrong, hammering Jim today is probably the right move. But assuming Jim is legit scum (occams razor says so) the other team or teams get a big reprieve today and they know it. They want a quickhammer today. As I've been in literally this situation before, I'll be kicking myself if we make the wrong call. Web, you of all people should get this.

I bought a hotdog (much good it did me) so track away tonight.

Also, Max reread the OP, there are two cult teams guaranteed, why are you trying to obscure that?

Also also, I'm just town. That's my whole wincon.
Uh huh... So, your plan to deal with more Cults is that we shouldn't vote out Jim... We should vote out someone who might be Cult and you can shoot Jim.  Just verify that for me, real quick.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2023, 04:15:18 pm »

Is it to do with your other wincon?
Also, for the record, I'm assuming I will not win and I have decided I'm okay with that. I'm going to continue to play to my alignment and not my win condition.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2023, 04:23:40 pm »

Egan - gets offer to give up one of their abilities, prevented anyone from targeting Webadict
Prevented everybody from "acting" on webby, besides myself, while making it so that whoever webby targets is actually a false copy of themselves while outside of the gamestate. And redirected a random one of his actions towards the false copy of myself.

...I also prevented nqt from inspecting me as a side effect of learning their autos. I do a lot of things.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2023, 04:26:19 pm »

Pfp

Okay, I can see there might be more risk (hell knightwing's role showed us there are horrible things outside of the cults)— there might be four cults each with different conversion rules, each playing off the different numbers — town might not even outnumber the cults all added up.

--

Anyway, having gone away, had some food, and had a think, probably the best move is we hammer Jim today, and I just shoot who I think is cult. Jim could have god knows how many OP ways of stopping my kill, whereas the other cult or cults will have to guess whether I've got their number.

I remember in the championship game I last played in, the town managed to tinfoil themselves into executing confirmed town and leaving confirmed scum alive. Paranoia has its limits. Bird in the hand, two in the bush etc.

--

Until then, let's find the rest of the scum.

Egan, why would town have an ability to prevent themselves from being inspected?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2023, 05:01:04 pm »

Of note to Jim, Fallacy responded with No Comment when I asked about the tag. I can assume one of two things based on it's name, Lifetime. Either the action lasts until it's timer drops to 0, or it lasts so long as that player is alive.

Addressing Max's claim that his numbers didn't budge. I have definitive proof that that is not possible. (Or at least circumstantial proof) Put simply, there is no way for my numbers to have been altered the way they were based upon the number of actors. Therefore Max is lying. An easy way to check is if anyone used 4 AP or more last night. Most would have used 3 or less, depending.

NJW/Max/Toony/Jim/Webadict,notquitethere. Jack too.. That leaves Egan and Toaster to if they visited me last night.. Egan didn't say, so Toaster is the last of them. Toaster, did you visit me last night? It's somewhat important. (In that it can confirm someone did visit me with an action.)

This also means I can say that two number went up, and 1 down. The chances of a single person affecting all three is very low. What do you say to that Max?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 14, 2023, 05:08:06 pm »

Addressing Max's claim that his numbers didn't budge. I have definitive proof that that is not possible. (Or at least circumstantial proof) Put simply, there is no way for my numbers to have been altered the way they were based upon the number of actors. Therefore Max is lying. An easy way to check is if anyone used 4 AP or more last night. Most would have used 3 or less, depending.
That isn't even evidence, much less proof.

Also, we know webadict was handing out extra AP yesterday.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2023, 05:15:32 pm »

I'm going to bed but before I do: Jim Jim. I've counted back and it's not the hammer yet.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2023, 05:27:47 pm »

@Tric:
I spent 6AP last night thanks to my Innate nature. I didn't take any hotdogs and don't plan to still.

I kind of feel good about Web.

I desire Jim and NQT's deaths. If the game continues then I desire Toaster's death.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2023, 05:29:32 pm »

Pfp

Okay, I can see there might be more risk (hell knightwing's role showed us there are horrible things outside of the cults)— there might be four cults each with different conversion rules, each playing off the different numbers — town might not even outnumber the cults all added up.
Four cults

FOUR CULTS

AND I'M STILL TOWN

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2023, 05:32:56 pm »

@Jim:
Who is Cult?

Who do I desire death if you are Town?

Is NJW being deceived or is he malicious?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2023, 06:06:32 pm »

I'm going to bed but before I do: Jim Jim. I've counted back and it's not the hammer yet.
Thank God.

The REAL risk is that Jim avoids his justly-deserved elimination and recruits someone.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2023, 06:07:54 pm »

Fallacy:  Which happens first: inspect or recruit?

ToonyMan:
I wonder who grey goo'd me. Probably Toaster. Toaster is probably town?

Wasn't me.

TricMagic:
... I think I can clear Jack and NQT.

Ignoring Jim for a moment, NQT is still my top pick.  You'll forgive me if I don't take your brief word here as enough.

For everyone else, I'd like to know who visited me last night, as I have a proper count of that.

I did not target you.

NJW:  Why inspect Jim over me, given how gung ho you were to lynch me yesterday?

NQT:  Backing off it or no, I am extremely suspicious of anyone who thinks giving an extremely suspected cult leader another night action is a good plan.  Really, I think you're just full of bad ideas this game.  From where I'm sitting, you wanted Jim to hit N2 for ~reasons~ and backed off when it was made clear to you how bad that idea was (and that no one was particularly interested in letting it slide.)

Web:
We know that there's a second cultist (possible a third or fourth too). I have a way of killing (it required a bit of setup but I think I'm there). I could just kill Jim tonight, Web can track me doing it, and we can try and execute the second cult leader today.
Uh, I can't do that.  I can only track people with Hot Dogs.  And you shouldn't have one, unless you bought one.

Do you know how many people bought a Hot Dog?  I don't really care if you don't want to claim it right now; I just want to know if you know.  Oh,  you said you don't.  Really?  That's... weird.

EuchreJack:
The REAL risk is that Jim avoids his justly-deserved elimination and recruits someone.

Who's your other pick for cultist?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2023, 06:12:46 pm »

@Jim:
Who is Cult?

Who do I desire death if you are Town?

Is NJW being deceived or is he malicious?

I realized during N1 that my meta read on webadict was wrong so I feel less strongly about him being a cult leader.

I probably shoot TricMagic for playing things close to his chest which he basically never does except if he's scum.

I don't know how NJW2000 got the result he did and there are several methods for how this happened and a potentially significant proportion of the player base who might know and have no interest in revealing these details. Redirection, bus, framing, etc. Who knows.

deserved

:|
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2023, 06:14:21 pm »

I don't know how NJW2000 got the result he did and there are several methods for how this happened and a potentially significant proportion of the player base who might know and have no interest in revealing these details. Redirection, bus, framing, etc. Who knows.

To add on to this since I didn't fully answer your question, the result NJW2000 got is probably authentic but still incorrect rather than fabricated
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 14, 2023, 06:15:10 pm »

Hm, my picks for Cultist other than Jim are:
NQT, although somebody apparently believes in his innocence. Or he Golden'd himself
ToonyMan - Begging the cults to recruit him is EXACTLY what he would do as a Cult Leader
Max as a distant third for misreading Knightwing
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88