Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29720 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #600 on: May 14, 2023, 06:15:35 pm »

Four cults

FOUR CULTS

AND I'M STILL TOWN

YOU WILL BE CURSED TO PLAY THE GAME TO ITS CONCLUSION AS TOWN THE ENTIRE TIME
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 14, 2023, 06:17:11 pm »

So.. That means I got targeted by someone who has probably been converted by now.

You can complain about NQT all you want, what I saw is not a role that a cultist would have. Maybe an SK, but not a cultist.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 14, 2023, 06:19:04 pm »

So.. That means I got targeted by someone who has probably been converted by now.

You can complain about NQT all you want, what I saw is not a role that a cultist would have. Maybe an SK, but not a cultist.

That makes sense. If you can figure out who it was, you probably have the Night 1 recruit of Not-Jim Cult Leader.
It was probably a player that though targeting you was optimal town play, but then changed their win condition.

...Or it's Max just screwing with you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 14, 2023, 06:24:15 pm »

Of note, NQT wasn't Roleblocked last night. Aand I just bought a hot dog. Gonna need it if I don't die. Or get roleblocked.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 14, 2023, 06:26:05 pm »

I think, once Jim flips cultist, that clears NJW for today, although leaves him vulnerable to recruitment.

@Egan: You mind hitting NJW with your no-convert beam?

Of note, NQT wasn't Roleblocked last night. Aand I just bought a hot dog. Gonna need it if I don't die. Or get roleblocked.
Nice to know you're still town.
Telling us you're powering up, like you're the most important player, means you're town.
Powering up in secret would be you as cult recruit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 14, 2023, 06:27:28 pm »

Do you know how many people bought a Hot Dog?  I don't really care if you don't want to claim it right now; I just want to know if you know.  Oh,  you said you don't.  Really?  That's... weird.
I see you haven't played a Fallacy game before.  I'm actually not sure how you CAN'T believe that, considering that we all have Lucky Numbers, most of which we don't have solid information behind how they work.  So, the fact that you think I'd have information that works with my Abilities that make no amount of sense at all, and I'm not even sure if I can buy my own Hot Dogs...

Is it weird?  Yes, but purely in the game design sense.  I have an Ability that drops Purple Numbers.  I don't know what Purple Numbers do.  I can't even tell if that's helpful or hurtful!  To me, that seems bad, consider that the rest of that Ability is also bad...

Heck, literally anyone can buy a Hot Dog for 2 fake points, and no one knows what the fake points do!

It's just a thing Fallacy does, and I don't think they will learn their lesson about not doing it, because sometimes, the things are bad, and sometimes they're good, and there's no rationale to which is which.  I dunno, man.  I don't know why I can't know until Day 4 in a game with Cults.  It seems counterintuitive.

My Role was about to be a whole lot worse than it is now, but my Hot Dogs actually got reduced in price to make them actually useful (The old prices were left in my Ability description.)

...Or it's Max just screwing with you.
^

I can give out Hot Dogs that stop people from being Blockable.  They also give 1 AP.

... I can also give out an even better Hot Dog, but that's gonna cost most of my turn.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 14, 2023, 06:28:45 pm »

Nice to know you're still town.
Telling us you're powering up, like you're the most important player, means you're town.
Powering up in secret would be you as cult recruit.

This is an authentic dynamic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 14, 2023, 06:30:39 pm »

Quote from: Knightwing in Deadchat, probably
Don't let Jim talk you out of eliminating him! Don't fall for Jimnosis again! Please, I'm begging you!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 14, 2023, 06:52:54 pm »

Fallacy:  Which happens first: inspect or recruit?
Results may vary, but generally recruitment would resolve first.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 14, 2023, 10:32:33 pm »

That's.... unfortunate.  That means Jim COULD just be a recruit out to spend the rest of the day blowing smoke to cover for his leader.  He still needs to go, at least.

Web:
on meta

Okay, I can buy that.

ToonyMan:
Pfp

Okay, I can see there might be more risk (hell knightwing's role showed us there are horrible things outside of the cults)— there might be four cults each with different conversion rules, each playing off the different numbers — town might not even outnumber the cults all added up.
Four cults

FOUR CULTS

AND I'M STILL TOWN

The more you post the less I like you.  This feels like trying to play act a townie rather that being one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 14, 2023, 11:04:37 pm »

That's.... unfortunate.  That means Jim COULD just be a recruit out to spend the rest of the day blowing smoke to cover for his leader.  He still needs to go, at least.
I don't believe that's the case, since Jim only claimed 1 Action, and I believe that he performed more than 1.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 14, 2023, 11:06:48 pm »

@Jim:
Thanks for the insight.

@Jack:
Hm, my picks for Cultist other than Jim are:
NQT, although somebody apparently believes in his innocence. Or he Golden'd himself
ToonyMan - Begging the cults to recruit him is EXACTLY what he would do as a Cult Leader
Max as a distant third for misreading Knightwing
Yes I would!! Hahaha! And I would convert Jim under the guise of giving him an item, which I would explain him to do in Cult Chat. In addition, it would explain NJW's result. It would also be a lie.

It does bother me that Max voted KW over NQT, but I believe he has been wrong as town at least once before.

@Toaster:
Then hate me!

Hate me for thunderdoming NQT and Web.

Hate me for tying the votes so you had to kill Knightwing.

Hate me for mildly suspecting you.

Hate me for being me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 14, 2023, 11:09:38 pm »

It does bother me that Max voted KW over NQT, but I believe he has been wrong as town at least once before.
I've definitely been wrong as town before, but I don't even feel like this was wrong! Knightwing wasn't even playing, and he made a good test of which of two mental models of the game I had was closer to the right one. If he had played, I wouldn't have voted for him.

During the last Day I had been thinking it was probably Jim if Knightwing's town, so I'm feeling pretty good about this today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 14, 2023, 11:14:18 pm »

Yeah I mean I felt similar that's why I gave stuff to Web and Jim in case one of them converted me.

I was going to give NQT stuff, but felt it was really unlikely they converted me so I just did NJW for the hell of it. More power to town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 15, 2023, 06:43:14 am »

Hate me for thunderdoming NQT and Web.
Eh, I would've stuck to it if Knightwing had said anything helpful.  I even warned him I wanted to shift to him!  I also had a Roleblock, so it wasn't particularly dangerous for me.

Egan, if you plan on blocking me or NQT, let me know, because I am going to Roleblock NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 88