Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkePol Thread?)  (Read 11876 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkPol Thread?)
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2023, 11:29:50 pm »

Get that Pistol Permit ASAP, before you end up on some list that bars you from ever getting one.
Going gun ho EuchreJack?  Dragdeler offered some safer options.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2023, 01:34:21 pm »

Get that Pistol Permit ASAP, before you end up on some list that bars you from ever getting one.
Going gun ho EuchreJack?  Dragdeler offered some safer options.
For Magma, there might be a narrow window when his government will allow most people to obtain a pistol permit.

That window is closing.

Ergo, get it while you can, is my advice.

Look at where it is at NOW, right from the International Gun Grabber's site.

The Government is also arming it's public servants and contractors.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2023, 02:03:41 pm »

I am pretty sure there is a list and I am probably already in it. It is only a matter of who acts on that info first. and I intend to not get caught off guard. I am at an uni, but that won't be much of an issue; the public safety systems are just that dysfunctional here. You already have an example as to how.

Secondly, my dad is a policeman. And we already have a spare pistol at home. If I truly need it, I'll just need to grab it. It doesn't matters if they bar me from getting one. I de-facto already have one. It is loaded, I know how to use it, and I will use it if necessary. And I have stopped caring about what this excuse of a goverment considers illegal, long ago. Laws be damned.

I also already have a pocket knife. It is a sharp, useful thing.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2023, 02:11:04 pm »

Magma has not once been PC, Allah Bless him.

Also, sigged.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2023, 06:30:09 am »

Turkey's Central Bank hikes benchmark interest rate to 15% from 8.5%

So unexpected! (no)
Ukraine needed a war (or 2008 financial crisis) to make similar steps
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2023, 09:37:22 am »

Turkey's Central Bank hikes benchmark interest rate to 15% from 8.5%

So unexpected! (no)
Ukraine needed a war (or 2008 financial crisis) to make similar steps

Yeah, they put a competent guy up there, for once. ersoğan's islamic economy plans almost got us gone before. Though, he is still a dictator, who has the final word on everything. So also don't be surprised when he fires the guy and dips the interest into the Earth's core.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkePol Thread?)
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2023, 04:04:25 am »

Taxes are rising like crazy. Foreign phone registration fee went from 6000 to 20.000 liras in a single night.

This country is going to the shitter. And I am in for the ride.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2023, 03:20:30 pm »

Yep, it doesn't seem like it is going to get any better soon. I thought people would change their minds after the earthquake, but that is not the case (which was shocking to me). I feel extremely disappointed and unsurprised at the same time.
sincerely,

ih oh

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2023, 03:33:59 pm »

Yep, it doesn't seem like it is going to get any better soon. I thought people would change their minds after the earthquake, but that is not the case (which was shocking to me). I feel extremely disappointed and unsurprised at the same time.

Yeaaaaaa... Those don't happen here. Our people love worshipping goverment officals, and our goverment officals love being worshipped.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2023, 06:51:13 am »

An 7.2-7.6 earthquake is expected on Istanbul, and soon too  The geologists are raising alarm, like they did before the previous earthquake on March. Of course, it falls on the deaf ears of ersoğan's herd of braindead sheeple.

An earthquake of similar proportions happened there some 24 years ago. The death count was intentionally muddled, and offical accounts talk of 18.000 or so dead. Experts, however, place it at 50.000 at least. The number is probably higher than even that, but since this is the utter shithole that is Turkey we are talking about, the real numbers will never be revealed.

What should you expect? At least half a million dead. Optimistically. The real death toll will likely reach a million or more. I am not exaggerating. The sheer economical impact such an earthquake will have is going to utterly destroy us. Economy right now is already running on fumes. That earthquake will destroy us.

Istanbul is not ready. It never was. In fact, it is arguably one of the worst metropolises to ever be """planned""". 20 million people- A WHOLE GODDAMN QUARTER of the whole countries population live there, stuck between the sea and the mountains, and residing in cheap buildings made of low quality steel and beach sand concrete.

It is horribly, horribly bloated on every aspect, and deficient in everything that matters. Earthquake planning is essentially zero. The entire city is a clogged, untraversible, rickety death trap that was only ever important because of all the migrants in the 60's stuffing themselves in it. It is BAD bad.

Goverment doesn't cares. The opposition doesn't cares. The small minority of people in this GODFORSAKEN TECTONIC PLATEAU that do have the ability to comprehend anythibg beyond one month of time don't care about it, not anymore. Some of them actually want it now, saying that having ersoğan supporters die because of the president they chose will bring them immense satisfaction. Geologists still care, but no one cares that they do.

But what can I do? Contrary to popular belief- and this may be very shocking and surprising to all you, but I am not actually an eldritch, cube-shaped volcano god with cetacean features. I am a single puny impotent human catfishing you by lowkey pretending to be that. Yes, yes, you feel all betrayed and can't bring yourselves to believe what I've just written after all of our splendid time together and stuff, but that's not the point. I can't control tectonics. I can't do anything about it.

I can only watch as the inevitable happens.

Ana'sını siktiğimin Dolu'su...

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2023, 07:59:05 am »

The only thing you can do, magma, is get yourself someplace safe, inform your friends and family about the risk which the geologists are warning about, and potentially connect with any mutual aid network who has the same intentions.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2023, 10:42:10 am »

Contrary to popular belief- and this may be very shocking and surprising to all you, but I am not actually an eldritch, cube-shaped volcano god with cetacean features.......

Please don't tell me that you are slightly rectangular.

Stay safe.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2023, 01:56:10 am »

Who can say when it will strike? Earthquake proofing a city is beyond my understanding

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2023, 04:51:50 am »

Who can say when it will strike? Earthquake proofing a city is beyond my understanding

Earthquakes in Anatolia (and many other places) tend to follow a loose rythm. It can't be known for sure when it will happen, but it can be estimated in the form of wide time windows.

Earthquake proofing in this context refers to taking down damaged buildings and building new ones.

Istanbul is not ready at all. In the 60's, the massive influx of migrants from all over the country inflated the city out of control. Farmlands and orchards, which were all on soft riverbank soil, were destroyed and built upon. Buldings there were crude, unorganised ghettos initially. Then, those ghettos quickly turned into unorganised, cheap apartments witu no goverment supervision. Land mafia formed, extorting locals lands and building apartments on them, then selling them to migrants. Goverment did nothing again, since they reaped profit from it. Because Turkey is a shithole ruled by mafia.

All this contributed to the bloating. In a normal city, a back street connects to a main street. In Istanbul, back street areas go on for hundreds of meters. One connects to another, turning the entire city into an arcane labyrinth, filled with traffic smog, drugs, crime, and other shady activities. Because Turkey is a shithole ruled by mafia.

Current CHP mayoralties efforts to proof the city is (intentionally) underfunded by ersoğan, so when the disaster happens, they can  blame the mayoralty and forcefully take over. It is cruel and inhumane beyond measure, but this of course, in character with how our officals, tend to operate. Because Turkey is a shithole ruled by mafia.

When the earthquake inevitably hits, people will die

Because Turkey is a sHITHOLE RUN BY MAFIA-

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2023, 05:44:57 am »

Hey now, sometimes back street labyrinths are great. It's not the street's fault of someone lets a minotaur loose in it ;d
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16