- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23714 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 10 - RECKONING
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2023, 08:50:04 pm »

I don't understand what happened in the fight with the dusk dragon. I had a bog cat, so I thought it would only hit on a 7+. But it scored hits on 6+?

Edit: perhaps the shown results are the final rolls, after deducting the penalty?

In any case, the tile of G11 was taken by Fitzharbort and should be colored orange rather than yellow.

And a question. If two players cooperate to kill 10 barbarians, do they both gain 10% reprisal? Or only proportional to the number killed by each player?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:57:36 pm by Quarque »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2023, 02:53:27 am »

Should I take that as implying that the bloodsinger is solo? Or would that be the bloodsinger+his unknown but presumably high number of allies were deep in their cave :P
No, he's alone. He's very unpopular.

I don't understand what happened in the fight with the dusk dragon. I had a bog cat, so I thought it would only hit on a 7+. But it scored hits on 6+?

Edit: perhaps the shown results are the final rolls, after deducting the penalty?
That's right, you'll see the dragon didn't roll any 8s. Sometimes when people face cats they're shown as rolling 0s. This is why. A similar thing happens against barbarians, where both sides are sometimes shown as rolling 9s.

In any case, the tile of G11 was taken by Fitzharbort and should be colored orange rather than yellow.
Thanks, now fixed.

And a question. If two players cooperate to kill 10 barbarians, do they both gain 10% reprisal? Or only proportional to the number killed by each player?
If they're acting as a single army, they both get the blame for each Squelsh kill, so it would be 10%.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 03:02:56 am by notquitethere »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2023, 03:20:56 am »

Ok. What does a moat do, exactly?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2023, 03:28:38 am »

Ok. What does a moat do, exactly?
Nothing special, just extra defence.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2023, 04:07:48 am »

Thank you nqt.

So, I thought about it more carefully this time. @Kashyyk: I am willing to commit completely to helping you getting the Spire this time, if you help me get the Selkie Court later. That would be an even trade - both are fights with nasty drawbacks (high reprisal chance for the Spire, potential curses for the Selkie Court).
The biggest reason I'm willing to do it this turn is that the Moot is empty now. If a reprisal hits my castle it's still bad, but I'd survive.

What I am offering is to send over all my forces: 11 armies, the Rhuddy Cape and a wolf (sending more than one wolf would only hurt our winchances because they would all flee before attacking, increasing the risk of a total retreat).
I can send two more armies if you could send them to me. I'm currently two below the unit cap, whereas you could refill your forces from your fort.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2023, 04:16:31 am »

That sounds like a good plan to me :)

@Criptfeind: Would I be able to borrow the Last Femur for the assault? There's gonna be lots of casualties to rezz, and I'll give you half the surviving skeletons in payment.

@a1s: Are you still interested in renting out 5 Armies and a Cat for this turn?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2023, 04:54:41 am »

I'm going to have to see exactly what's going on with A1s and the monster stack this turn. It's a pretty serious issue right now given that if it's not taken care of it it will march again and if I understand has basically a 50/50 of killing A1s, and, from the last femur perspective, also very useful to have the femur to help against (and although it's less dudes I bet I could end up with all skeletons under my ownership :P... Although maybe not, could depend on how skeletons and dragons work with the last femur...) Given that I also soooorta suspect that A1s won't be renting out armies this turn :P

A1s, I'm sorta thinking about that stack, it's got... Well, a lot of dudes, and a fair number of boar. I think you can send 14 armies and a cat? I know I can send at least some armies and the last femur, even if I also have to attempt to take out the lair in my own lands. I'm wondering how many we need to be reasonably assured that we'll beat the giant monster stack. I think the cat will help some, although as we saw with the dusk dragon it's not a sure fire thing...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:14:14 am by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2023, 06:43:46 am »

@A1: If I consider the other things I want to do this turn, I can freely send 4 armies and the last femur to help you fight off your monster invasion. Do you think that'll be enough? Helping you out here is a higher priority then... anything else I'd be doing I think, but those 4 wouldn't be doing much of anything else anyway, so that's how many I want to send, but if I need to send more I could :P.

If you're not at full army cap (if I did the math right, you're down 3 from your max? I think?) I can also sell you up to 3 armies cheaply to refill in preparation for the fight as well by emptying out my forts.

Here's sorta what I was thinking for my turn

Spoiler: Turn 9 gains/losses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 10 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 01:11:34 pm by Criptfeind »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2023, 10:15:34 am »

((Oiii >_< i was waiting to join. Oh well.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2023, 12:32:05 pm »

Orders:
Receive 2 armies and a cat from Prince FitzHarbort
March with 13 armies, the Rhuddy Cape, 1 cat and 1 wolf to J10 to support the attack of Prince FitzHarbort
Garrison the castle with 6 wolves

Spoiler: Bockelstein (click to show/hide)

Von Bockelstein paces up and down the living room as his servant Garry knocks on the door.
"Any news from our forces?"
Before Garry can answer, a chorus of wolf howles rises from the barracks.
Von Bockelstein smashes his wine into the fireplace. "I swear, if they don't cut it I will have them all for dinner!"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 03:23:46 pm by Quarque »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2023, 12:59:08 pm »

@a1s: Are you still interested in renting out 5 Armies and a Cat for this turn?
You are, surely, joking?

@A1: If I consider the other things I want to do this turn, I can freely send 4 armies and the last femur to help you fight off your monster invasion. Do you think that'll be enough? Helping you out here is a higher priority then... anything else I'd be doing I think, but those 4 wouldn't be doing much of anything else anyway, so that's how many I want to send, but if I need to send more I could :P.

If you're not at full army cap (if I did the math right, you're down 3 from your max? I think?) I can also sell you up to 3 armies cheaply to refill in preparation for the fight as well by emptying out my forts.
I am not 3 down from max, the extra casualties came from a fort. I will advise you upfront that a good chunk of our enemies are undead and will not leave a ghost for you to harvest with the last femur. It would also be nice if you could commit 5 armies to the fight so as to raise the retreat threshold by 1.

orders:
March 1 on N10
march 13 and a bog cat on N11
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2023, 01:12:05 pm »

Do skeletons not get raised by the last femur? That sounds like something I would have asked about before, but I can't recall or find it in a quick search (could just be missing it)

Also yeah, changed to 5, is a good enough point. Maybe I should consider not taking some stuff like the quarry or catman cave to add more.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 01:16:45 pm by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2023, 01:36:23 pm »

I don't think I ever specified about the Femur and re-raising undead. The Femur only raises units when they die, and skeletons are already dead. (So when your own skeletons are killed they're not re-raised either.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2023, 01:49:21 pm »

Fair enough. And giant counts as just 1 right, not each part?

In that case there would be 7 dudes here vs 21 in the barbarian fort. Which, well... If I get half the skeletons there and all the skeletons here, that'd mean 7 kills (potentially) vs 10.5 in the barbarian fort. Which, is a difference for sure. But not as huge a one as it looks like at first blush. And too be honest I'm a bit more worried about this combat then the barbarian fort one, as far as I can tell, the barbarian fort isn't going to start trying to kill players, so it's a bit more important to put down the one that's actually attacking us right now? Also, it's a siege, Kashyyk can just spend wood to win it basically, so there's no risk of him needing the femur to win. That's sorta my train of thought right now at least.

As a total aside:
Resources:
Army: 13 (+4/turn) = 13 - 6(curr) + 4(inc) +2(from FitzHarbort)
Gold: 1 (+1/turn) = 0(curr) + 1(inc)
Stone: 3 (+2/turn) = 1(curr) + 2(inc)
Wood: 9 (+3/turn) = 6(curr) +3(inc)

Is this taking into account the curse placed on you? I'm not really keeping track of other peoples incomes, but a quick glance makes me think you have 2 quarries so should have 2-1=1 income?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2023, 02:03:43 pm »

No, I completely overlooked that, sorry. What a hateful bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52